Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Well this makes everyone's life easier:

Online Championship mode detailed for P CARS 2.

<iframe src="" width="500" height="501" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

oc-main-view_orig.png

Yup. Of all the new features, this is probably the top of my THANK YOU SMS list.

First of all thanks @IanBell for sharing all the infos to your upcoming title. :)

Pcars 1 was cool but for my taste too less cars.

Since you know promise over 170 cars I´m more then excited.
The screens and videos also looked nice.

Is this time a XP-System planned?
You know lvl up etc. just to see each race as a progress.

I also find it motivative to have a carrer where you have to earn credits to buy new cars etc.

Have you ever though about early access for consoles?
I know on XBOX there is a programm where developers can
offer it.

I would support that :)

And to cars.
I saw that sexy new AMG GTR.
Can we expect also some old classic AMGs like the legendary "Hammer" ? :)

16730629_1356501604416500_1957422863764524786_n.jpg

Thanks and hopefully you can release in september already :D

I'm really hoping The_American has recorded a dozen different ways of saying exactly the same thing to keep the dialogue feeling fresh
how 'bout 13 variations for just "LEFT"..now if you get bored don't blame me...blame your girlfriend.

Might I suggest adding your role at SMS to your signature
Done, and put my mugshot there too 4 ya

He doesn't say things like "The American" from Top Gear The Grand Tour right? Right?!? :nervous:
"Turbo is God's way of saying you're short 2 cylinders." <--might be in the game

Last edited:
Yeah but we haven't heard everything about GT Sport. Maybe they'll introduce something similar.
I do not mean this to kindle a feud between the games. It is easy to find a lot of GT love and hate on this site. My post isn't meant to be either of those. But I do love GT and its history. Without GT I wouldn't be a sim-racer.

As to the point, from what I've gathered GTS was supposed to be the title to bring sim-racing eSports to console. eSports is its primary focus. The car list is trimmed for a purpose. The track list is limited for a purpose. All to produce an eSports sim-racer on PS. Thing is, if they don't hurry it up, they'll be second.

Project CARS 2 is uniquely positioned being that it is a multi-platform game.
GTS is limited to the PS and, from what we know, will offer fewer features.
iRacing is PC only, offers fewer features and costs 10x to 20x more. MUD is their next big thing and pC2 is doing that, too.
If pC2 is able to deliver on its promised features, it will completely reset the sim-racing genre for PC and Console.

Last edited:
Am I needing to temper my expectations here?
  • Dynamic time, weather, wind and their effect on the cars and tracks. Check.
  • Dynamic Track (clag, dry line, puddles and rivers). Check.
  • Online League Season Creation and Management. Check.
  • Driver Rating System (a kind of pseudo iRating). Check.
  • A Track List which would cost upwards of $600 in iRacing. Check.
  • A Car List which would cost upwards of $1300 in iRacing. Check.
  • Deep, thorough and dynamic offline Career Mode. Check.
  • Improved car and driving physics. Check
  • Increased number of laser-scanned tracks. Check.
What am I missing?

The hype for the initial Project CARS was massive. It was, more or less, the entire reason I built a PC and upgraded my wheel/pedals. Truly, I probably placed a bit too much hope in it as it was never going to be able to match the expectations I'd placed on it. Now, a couple of years later and here we are again. I keep saying that I am cautiously optimistic about this new game, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to maintain that stance.

Last edited:
Interestingly that Corvette screenshot has "IndyRivals" branding on the barrier, maybe that could mean the Indycar involvement might be more significant than the single car/livery we saw on the original.

(Or they just modeled Long Beach at the only time of year it's used as a race track).

The amount of wish list posts in here is getting a little out of hand. There's already a wish list thread for that guys. It's not easy for those of us who can't be here all day every day to comb through 10 pages of wish lists to find a hand full of posts by SMS staff answering questions.

For the data export feature.

With the support for various APIs in pCars1, it sort of surprises me that export of this championship data will not be exportable on console. Maybe 3rd through an app? Hopefully support for exporting data will be added to console.

Interestingly that Corvette screenshot has "IndyRivals" branding on the barrier, maybe that could mean the Indycar involvement might be more significant than the single car/livery we saw on the original.

(Or they just modeled Long Beach at the only time of year it's used as a race track).

That would be my guess.

Although it was mentioned in one of the videos that apparently Project CARS 2 is the "official game of the INdyCar series", I did see a tweet today indicating that RaceRoom is about to get the Dallara IndyCar as well, so I am not sure how much weight that "official game" statement actually has.

That would be my guess.

Although it was mentioned in one of the videos that apparently Project CARS 2 is the "official game of the INdyCar series", I did see a tweet today indicating that RaceRoom is about to get the Dallara IndyCar as well, so I am not sure how much weight that "official game" statement actually has.

RaceRoom doesn't have the official licence, it's a fictional one called Formula RaceRoom US.

Back