Project CARS 2 Pre-Order Versions Include 1:12 McLaren, Exclusive Cars & More

Nowadays every bigger racing game have DLC, Season Passes, PreOrder Bonuses. This is the way gaming industry is going. ProjectCars 2 is not different. Plus side is that they can add demanded content after release like in PCars 1.
And I remember somebody from the DiRT series saying how they were pressured into doing something like this by Retailers.

I've never cared about collectors edition of any game, all I want is the game disc/download, and besides - you all know that those region exclusive cars will all be in the GOTY Edition in 18months or so after release....(maybe)

If you remember in Pcars1 if the host in the lobby had the DLC and you didn't you could still drive the cars/ tracks. I would assume it will be the same as not to divide the community.

Oh right, totally forgot about that. It's 516USD then, still $46 higher than those EU pricings. Anyway, I'd tag anything above ~$200 'insane', I think we can agree on this.

i don't think so. If you are a collector of such cars and you like pCars, than its really cheap. A 1:12 TSM car model costs 365 USD a 1:43 costs 86 USD. If you count that off the Editions price, you'll get very much additional things compared to Limited or Standard. If you aren't a collector, Limited or Standard is fine.
I really would prefer an extended edition w/o a car model , about 20 bucks above LE, just to get those books.

Probably not pre-ordering pCARS 2. We here in the US can't get the collector's edition, and I'm more reliant on PC gaming, but I'm not sure if my computer (the one that I first built in 2010 and made upgrades since then) will be able to run pCARS 2 smoothly. I'm not going to be able to buy a new computer soon, especially what just happened to myself at school this year...probably going to have to run through GeForce Now (which hasn't come out yet). Too busy at school, might not have time to play pCARS 2. Also the fact that there's a season pass for the DLCs...that's compelling.

What that means: I'm going to play the wait-and-see game, and eventually wait for discounts (at least for the base game, but hopefully a discount on the season pass as well)...

Now this is an edition that I would be interested in.
214414.jpg

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-con...ation-4/project-cars-2-deluxe-edition/449136/

In fact, so would I. Planning to get the Season Pass anyway so would just make it easier at a potentially lower price in total as opposed to separately.
We will probably get a similar edition for digital pre-orders as it seems to happens with most new games nowadays.

I've never cared about collectors edition of any game, all I want is the game disc/download, and besides - you all know that those region exclusive cars will all be in the GOTY Edition in 18months or so after release....(maybe)

Thank you.

I want to give a big thanks to everyone who has bought a copy and in particular to the response we've seen for the 'fancy' packs. The Ultra is sold out and the Collectors is very close so we're trying to reprint that. We promised 1000 copies only of the Ultra so nothing we can do there...

Again, huge thanks for this amazing response all involved. We really do appreciate it.

I want to give a big thanks to everyone who has bought a copy and in particular to the response we've seen for the 'fancy' packs. The Ultra is sold out and the Collectors is very close so we're trying to reprint that. We promised 1000 copies only of the Ultra so nothing we can do there...

Again, huge thanks for this amazing response all involved. We really do appreciate it.

Glad to hear it. You deserve it @IanBell , especially so for your keen participation in our forum which I'm sure is greatly appreciated. Pcars is a fantastic game/sim and I'm looking forward to when Pcars 2 is available to be purchased in our region. Wish I could get a version like "The Complete Edition" though (which I have for Pcars1) having all available cars. I don't mind paying the extra for that. Anyway, cheers.

Wait...what??

No chance to see UK pricing, no chance to see/get in UK stock listing of it and it's GONE already? For a UK developer I really thought you would of put it up on GAME or Amazon UK first, and better than, announced a price to go with it. Instead, it was up on other nations sites in € and $ and never a single source pointing to a price until now, just finding out it would of been over £400?

I don't understand. There was no listing for it in the UK, there was no product alerts either, i searched high and low the past 48 hours and had no way to find it and now find it's sold out...pretty poor communication if you ask me, no offense, but I find it all rather poorly done, the pre-order page went up, and it was not available in the UK Amazon site for the whole time after that or game and then suddenly it's out of stock.

Terribly confused, and let down. Will still consider getting CE but wow this is surprising.

Last edited:
Wait...what??

No chance to see UK pricing, no chance to see/get in UK stock listing of it and it's GONE already? For a UK developer I really thought you would of put it up on GAME or Amazon UK first, and better than, announced a price to go with it. Instead, it was up on other nations sites in € and $ and never a single source pointing to a price until now, just finding out it would of been over £400?

I don't understand. There was no listing for it in the UK, there was no product alerts either, i searched high and low the past 48 hours and had no way to find it and now find it's sold out...pretty poor communication if you ask me, no offense, but I find it all rather poorly done, the pre-order page went up, and it was not available in the UK Amazon site for the whole time after that or game and then suddenly it's out of stock.

Terribly confused, and let down. Will still consider getting CE but wow this is surprising.

Totally deferring issues to Bandai Namco... Let me put it this way. We didn't get time to sort the team who developed it a fancy edition each...

Our admin staff couldn't find a listing before it was sold out. So we're trying to reprint the collectors edition...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ultra edition was available at Amazon's UK site but sold out pretty quickly (in just over 24 hours as I recall). With something so limited, waiting for confirmation of availability from anywhere would have been too late, you really had to be on the ball yourself to grab a copy. It's harsh, yes, but I don't really think Bandai Namco or SMS can take much (if any) blame for people missing out in this instance. Within a few hours of the pre-order site going up, game.co.uk had the Limited and Collector's Editions available to pre-order (which is where I ordered my Collector's Edition from) and some hours after that, the Ultra edition appeared on Amazon's store. Amazon, sadly, didn't list it alongside the normal listing, you had to search for it separately so, you can blame Amazon for some of it if you want.

At the end of the day, there were 1000 units being made for the whole of Europe. Across 3 platforms. No particular store, in any country, was going to get a significant quantity in. If you really wanted one, you were going to have to watch those stores like a hawk.

The Ultra edition was available at Amazon's UK site but sold out pretty quickly (in just over 24 hours as I recall). With something so limited, waiting for confirmation of availability from anywhere would have been too late, you really had to be on the ball yourself to grab a copy. It's harsh, yes, but I don't really think Bandai Namco or SMS can take much (if any) blame for people missing out in this instance. Within a few hours of the pre-order site going up, game.co.uk had the Limited and Collector's Editions available to pre-order (which is where I ordered my Collector's Edition from) and some hours after that, the Ultra edition appeared on Amazon's store. Amazon, sadly, didn't list it alongside the normal listing, you had to search for it separately so, you can blame Amazon for some of it if you want.

At the end of the day, there were 1000 units being made for the whole of Europe. Across 3 platforms. No particular store, in any country, was going to get a significant quantity in. If you really wanted one, you were going to have to watch those stores like a hawk.

Wow. Just goes to show how popular the game is eh? Looking like Pcars 2 will sell exceedingly well and may break some records.

Back