Project CARS 2 PS4 Pro Enhancements Detailed

DF analysis, he didn't say directly that game renders at 1080p when connected to FulHD TV, but there are some implications that it does.

btw. bad frame pacing in replays in Pro version.

Jeez i didnt realise the drops were that bad.

To be fair it was rare instance, I would say it still qualifies as "pretty much" a locked 60fps as long as these rare instances doesn't happen very often :lol:

That DF video was interesting. Im quite happy to own a Pro, the game looks like a significant step ahead on that platform. It might not be perfect but its by far the best looking and performing version on consoles.

Xbox version looks rather poor to be honest.

I have a PS4 Pro but for racing games I prefer the Xbox One controller. Looking at the Digital Foundry video I see the performance on the Pro is alright but the Xbox is really struggling.

I'm sure the Xbox One X version will be a rock solid 60fps; would be satisfied with 1440p/60 on that console since the game appears to put more stress on consoles thanks to the high car count and truly dynamic weather conditions. Forza Motorsport 7 will easily run 1080p/60 on standard Xbox One (and 4K on Xbox One X) but that's coming from a studio that is as first-party as they come and is also running a max of 24 cars compared to this game's 32.

I have a PS4 Pro but for racing games I prefer the Xbox One controller.

Yup. The vibration function in the L2/R2 trigger buttons can be used really well in racing games to give ABS activation, wheel lock-up and wheel-spin feedback. That was probably the feature that amazed me most in Forza 5 on the Xbone. But of course, a steering wheel and pedal setup is best. :)

I have a PS4 Pro but for racing games I prefer the Xbox One controller. Looking at the Digital Foundry video I see the performance on the Pro is alright but the Xbox is really struggling.

I'm sure the Xbox One X version will be a rock solid 60fps; would be satisfied with 1440p/60 on that console since the game appears to put more stress on consoles thanks to the high car count and truly dynamic weather conditions. Forza Motorsport 7 will easily run 1080p/60 on standard Xbox One (and 4K on Xbox One X) but that's coming from a studio that is as first-party as they come and is also running a max of 24 cars compared to this game's 32.

I also prefer the Xbox one controller. I was looking at these the other day. You can plug this in your ps4 then use the Xbox one controller. I am not sure if the vibration triggers would work etc but it looks like you can at least use the controller, although I think it has to be wired so decided to keep the DS4 going.👍
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HRRMAII/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

DF analysis, he didn't say directly that game renders at 1080p when connected to FulHD TV, but there are some implications that it does.

btw. bad frame pacing in replays in Pro version.

To be fair it was rare instance, I would say it still qualifies as "pretty much" a locked 60fps as long as these rare instances doesn't happen very often :lol:

I didn't see any video on yt with 1080p output (not downsampled) on a PRO to evaluate tearing. With 4K output (from DF) tearing is quite a lot for me

i think the digital foundry clip shows that the game is running very well all things considered on all platforms dosent look like you can get a bad experience on any of them even xbox. i plan on upgrading to ps4 pro soon but i can enjoy it day one with my current ps4

Pro is pretty much a locked 60 yes. As is PS4 (albeit at a lower res).

There are no 'horrible jaggies' either in normal gameplay. I saw one image in another thread where the AA seemed to miss the vehicle and only hit the background and suspect a photomode glitch. Edit, it was earlier in this thread.

See here:

Whats your opinion now Ian on the "horrible jaggies" since you have had time to play the game on PS4 & PS4 Pro rather than looking at heavily compressed youtube videos?

Back