Project CARS 2 PS4 Pro Enhancements Detailed

and when you have 1080p TV hooked up is it the same + downsampling or is it 1080p and better performance?

This picture is fake!?!?
Because the normal version is ugly. (No AntiAliasing)
I do not think so much more beautiful PS4 Pro version.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward playing this on my Pro and 4K TV next week. It is pretty much the first racing game of the "4K generation". Native 1440p sounds good, although GT Sport offers some pixels more and Forza 7 even native 4K. However, my experience has shown that you don't need native 4K for a great, sharp image if the upscaling is done right. And PCars 2 features more dynamic effects and cars on track so it is understandable that the resolution isn't quite at the top of the list.

I hope SMS will not make the same mistakes made by PD with GT5 and GT6. I refer to provide a resolution not impacting performance. For me it's far better to have a stable 60fps with a lower resolution (such as 1080p) with good AA and details instead of a useless 4K at 35-40 fps.

I pre-ordered the game a second time, now got it digital for XBox and physical for PS4. :) Will be able to give it a try on all these platforms :

* 2015 model XBox One Standard 1TB
* 2016 model PS4 Pro 1TB
* 2017 model XBox One X Scorpio Edition 1TB (from November on)

My living room home theatre has a 65" 4K HDR TV where both consoles are connected to. In my second room I have an Obutto Revolution with Thrustmaster TX with T3PA pedals, TH8A shifter and GT 26 leather wheel add-ons. It's currently abandoned due to a knee injury but once the X1X arrives my old XBox will move to it and I will give cockpit racing a try again and see how it goes with the knee.

But from next week on it's PS4 Pro in HDR and 2,5K upscaled to 4K vs. XBox One without HDR and 1080p (1K) upscaled to 4K. Probably not the most fair comparison but I'm sure even on that standard XBox it will look great. And that is currently the weakest of the current gen consoles.

For the doubters among you guys, I will give some fair feedback on my initial impressions on both console platforms playing both with a controller.

I pre-ordered the game a second time, now got it digital for XBox and physical for PS4. :) Will be able to give it a try on all these platforms :

* 2016 model PS4 Pro 1TB

My living room home theatre has a 65" 4K HDR TV where both consoles are connected to. In my second room I have an Obutto Revolution with Thrustmaster TX with T3PA pedals, TH8A shifter and GT 26 leather wheel add-ons. It's currently abandoned due to a knee injury but once the X1X arrives my old XBox will move to it and I will give cockpit racing a try again and see how it goes with the knee.

But from next week on it's PS4 Pro in HDR and 2,5K upscaled to 4K vs. XBox One without HDR and 1080p (1K) upscaled to 4K. Probably not the most fair comparison but I'm sure even on that standard XBox it will look great. And that is currently the weakest of the current gen consoles.

For the doubters among you guys, I will give some fair feedback on my initial impressions on both console platforms playing both with a controller.

I look forward to your opinions:cheers::gtpflag:

I dunno, gt5 on ancient ps3 had excellent clarity with a stable frame rate, now f1 2017 and project cars wants us to fork out 400 bucks to supposedly get somewhere near 60fps. For me clarity and fps is the most important with online and offline racing.

I dunno, gt5 on ancient ps3 had excellent clarity with a stable frame rate, now f1 2017 and project cars wants us to fork out 400 bucks to supposedly get somewhere near 60fps. For me clarity and fps is the most important with online and offline racing.
You are going to have to expand on that!

Is thread about "Project CARS 2 PS4 Pro Enhancement Detailed" appropriate thread to calmly ask is there HDR support in pCARS 2?

Or is there not?

If it is not, I apologize to forum and moderators can delete this...

* 2016 model PS4 Pro 1TB

Nice, breezipp! Looking forward to it!

Attachments

• pc.jpg
    pc.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 148
OMG! Sorry, I just cut out the important part.
Here is the full picture.
It's original.

Attachments

• pc2.jpg
    pc2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 131
OMG! Sorry, I just cut out the important part.
Here is the full picture.
It's original.

Well that's my point exactly... You can't zoom in on a 1080p 4XMSAA live game image and complain that said zoomed-in image looks aliased. A zoom will do that for you, in any game.

PS, that's an 800 by 450 res image. We are multiple times that detail.

For reference, if you save a jpg and go to info you can get the details.

Well that's my point exactly... You can't zoom in on a 1080p 4XMSAA live game image and complain that said zoomed-in image looks aliased. A zoom will do that for you, in any game.
Not zoom!
Cut from full size, not zoom!
(Why did not my new picture be FULLHD? I uploaded a 1080p image.)

Not zoom!
Cut from full size, not zoom!
(Why did not my new picture be FULLHD? I uploaded a 1080p image.)

I'm clearly referring to the image you posted that was zoomed in... Which you stated to the world was a standard PS4 image... It's right there in post 23 above :)

Back