Project CARS 2 Reviews

• Thread starter Animera
  • 397 comments
If Dutch media is positive then it must be really really good. I know it is written in Dutch but if SMS translates this article they will open an extra bottle of champagne, wine, beer whatever.
And because we Dutch always have to complain about something he also mentions some minor points for improvement. (besides PSVR support!)

http://www.psx-sense.nl/294818/review-project-cars-2/
I made a summarizing translation on WMD2 already, so posting it here as well:

pC2 is the ultimate racing experience on PS4, and it remains to be seen if GT Sport can surpass it in three weeks. SMS has made a monumental simulator.

pC2 is a simulator, so don't expect something similar to Driveclub. Even when you have some experience in the field, pC2 will give you a challenge, especially when using a controller. Best played with a wheel. All cars feel unique. If you love tuning the car to your liking and taking your time to explore how to best drive it around a track, then this is your game.

Lots of content, and big focus on eSports. Game divided in three parts: career, quick play, community. Lots of freedom in quick play to do what you want. Lots of tracks with great atmosphere in each of them. Game feels very complete.

Every vehicle feels different and looks exquisite. Reviewer loves racing in rain, which is presented in the game very convincingly. Phenomenal sound, both in-menu music and car sounds/effects. Ability to tune your car, with help of the brilliant Race Engineer if needed.

Some negatives: menu navigation unclear at times, limited car damage (not very realistic), AI needs patching (great to see them overtaking and making mistakes, but too often they create chaos), no PSVR support.

Conclusion: currently the best racing experience on PS4, requires time and effort to get into but rewards the player accordingly. Sets the bar for GT Sport, but reviewer doubts whether that game will surpass it.

For those who have the game already. If you look at the back of the case, does it tell you how many GB of storage space for this game? I am trying to see if I have enough storage in my PS4 Pro. My PS4 Pro got a 1TB of storage space and I have DriveClub game only installed. I will be adding the upcoming GT Sport game next month and worry that I may not have enough storage space for all 3 games.

I might have delete the DriveClub game from the PS4 Pro and maybe I have enough storage space for Project Cars 2 and GT Sport.

For those who have the game already. If you look at the back of the case, does it tell you how many GB of storage space for this game? I am trying to see if I have enough storage in my PS4 Pro. My PS4 Pro got a 1TB of storage space and I have DriveClub game only installed. I will be adding the upcoming GT Sport game next month and worry that I may not have enough storage space for all 3 games.

I might have delete the DriveClub game from the PS4 Pro and maybe I have enough storage space for Project Cars 2 and GT Sport.

Standard game 39gb + 12gb update (day one patch) = 52gb total

Why don't you buy an external HDD now they are supported, they are very cheap now 1-2 TB they just plug and sit in the rear usb (I went for 4tb!) ;)👍

Standard game 39gb + 12gb update (day one patch) = 52gb total

Why don't you buy an external HDD now they are supported, they are very cheap now 1-2 TB they just plug and sit in the rear usb (I went for 4tb!) ;)👍

How does that even work? When you install the new game, does the PS4 ask you which driver to install the game in? I don't want to mess up the PS4 because I don't know what I am doing.

You only have 1 game installed - DriveClub and worry about lack of space? :confused: You have more than enough for all 3 games - DC, GT and PC. You will have probably over 0,5-0,6TB of storage left. 👍

@torque99 Exactly. I have over 14 games installed (bigger and smaller ones) and I still have 450GB of free space on my Pro.

Last edited:
You only have 1 game installed - DriveClub and worry about lack of space? :confused: You have more than enough for all 3 games - DC, GT and PC. You will have probably over 0,5-0,6TB of storage left. 👍

+1 I have just seen you only have 1 game! You could probably get 10 games on that 1TB as Driveclub is only 15gb:cheers:

p.s 1TB Ps4 pro gives you about 700-800 gb freespace to save games to.

How does that even work? When you install the new game, does the PS4 ask you which driver to install the game in? I don't want to mess up the PS4 because I don't know what I am doing.

Yeah I'm curious about that also. I've got 4 games on the XB1 and I think I've got enough room even if I don't uninstall PCars1. It certainly should last me until XB1X comes out as I don't see anything else out there I want. But IF I had to I would like to know how the external hard drive thing works.

@ExoticMachines here's the storage space that some other recent(ish) racing games take up, to give you an idea:

Ride 2: 40GB
Dirt 4: 35GB
F1 2017: 34GB
Seb Loeb Rally: 32GB
Assetto Corsa: 27GB
MotoGP 17: 14GB

I'm guessing PD will find a way to make GT Sport a mammoth install size, because, well, because PD, but even if they do you'll be fine for storage space for a good while. :)

Back