Project Cars 2 Setup database

United Kingdom
London
And-War
Does anyone know or have a list of good setups for all cars or popular Cars in PC2 GT3/GT3 Groupe 5 LMP1 etc

I am new to Project Cars 2

Go to Time Trial, choose the car, and load the ghost. When you start your trial you can save that ghost's tune for yourself. Sometimes the fastest person does not have the best tune, you need to try a few. Another way is to look for tunes on youtube. Especially if someone posts a tune they used in a community event, there's a big chance it's good.

What’s the best helmet cam view settings. And other settings in that camera section. I want the most real blurr and g force and shaking camera and head turn into the corners all that and speed other things. I have Xbox one x. I want to see the most real and visually real I can get. I see so many different settings. I have tweet some and i think I’m good but I’m curious is their a Best and what is it please post all the numbers and stats for that set up.

Go to Time Trial, choose the car, and load the ghost. When you start your trial you can save that ghost's tune for yourself. Sometimes the fastest person does not have the best tune, you need to try a few. Another way is to look for tunes on youtube. Especially if someone posts a tune they used in a community event, there's a big chance it's good.
Yup. Only thing is when a new patch arrives most of the times changes are made to the cars rendering all or almost all of your hard sought and compiled setups redundant and you have to start all over again. Quite a bummer for those who took the time to contribute setups and also for those who took the time to painstakingly search for setups and over time saved a bunch.

Yup. Only thing is when a new patch arrives most of the times changes are made to the cars rendering all or almost all of your hard sought and compiled setups redundant and you have to start all over again. Quite a bummer for those who took the time to contribute setups and also for those who took the time to painstakingly search for setups and over time saved a bunch.

Is it actually confirmed that there are significant overall changes? Or are we just talking the GT3 cars that got BoP adjustments?

Is it actually confirmed that there are significant overall changes? Or are we just talking the GT3 cars that got BoP adjustments?
Can't remember exactly which cars at the moment. Could be GT3 cars, could be more. Just been checking up on some posts and seeing pre-patch 5 setups not working as before and requiring new adjustments/setups.

Can't remember exactly which cars at the moment. Could be GT3 cars, could be more. Just been checking up on some posts and seeing pre-patch 5 setups not working as before and requiring new adjustments/setups.

Some GT3 cars did apparently get adjustments that would in fact require some setup adjustments. What seems problematic is reports about GT3 hard slicks being changed as well as some suspision about changed dampers. It's really quite problematic that there are no full release notes for this patch.

What’s the best helmet cam view settings. And other settings in that camera section. I want the most real blurr and g force and shaking camera and head turn into the corners all that and speed other things. I have Xbox one x. I want to see the most real and visually real I can get. I see so many different settings. I have tweet some and i think I’m good but I’m curious is their a Best and what is it please post all the numbers and stats for that set up.
Well this is what i use for helmet cam
Project_CARS_2_20180407200033.png

Project_CARS_2_20180407200041.png

Time Trial is a waste of time if using a console. You can't "Sort By Car" only class so your stuck with a small selection of cars.

OK, so there is a very cool way to download car set-ups via ghosts in Time Trial. How do you go about loading a ghost if the car you are interested in is not one of the top tier cars for the track? For example, I am trying to load a set-up for a Formula C car and on every track I have looked at, Formula X has all the top spots. Formula C does not appear until about the 214th fastest time. I have watched a bunch of videos and read a bunch of threads on loading set-ups, but have yet to find this issue explained. I can’t believe I am the first to run into this issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

OK, so there is a very cool way to download car set-ups via ghosts in Time Trial. How do you go about loading a ghost if the car you are interested in is not one of the top tier cars for the track? For example, I am trying to load a set-up for a Formula C car and on every track I have looked at, Formula X has all the top spots. Formula C does not appear until about the 214th fastest time. I have watched a bunch of videos and read a bunch of threads on loading set-ups, but have yet to find this issue explained. I can’t believe I am the first to run into this issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This is a PS4 ( and perhaps Xbox ) issue making it basically impossible to download setups for not top tier cars. Quite a frustrating issue and one of the reasons I still haven't done any tuning in this game. Must be said that I don't really understand tuning beyond some very basic concepts and I can't put myself to get the hang of it because I prefer to spend my time driving

This is a PS4 ( and perhaps Xbox ) issue making it basically impossible to download setups for not top tier cars. Quite a frustrating issue and one of the reasons I still haven't done any tuning in this game. Must be said that I don't really understand tuning beyond some very basic concepts and I can't put myself to get the hang of it because I prefer to spend my time driving
That is clearly NOT the answer I wanted to hear. I really figured I was missing something obvious. At least with this knowledge, I will stop trying to figure out how to do it. Thanks for the reply. Something ELSE for the list of things that should be fixed.

Something ELSE for the list of things that should be fixed.
It's just not broken. It's how they were forced to implement it. There's a Sony/Xbox issue regarding it. We haven't heard anything more specific than that IIRC.

It's just not broken. It's how they were forced to implement it. There's a Sony/Xbox issue regarding it. We haven't heard anything more specific than that IIRC.

As I understand it Sony & MS limit the number of leaderboards available to third party games - I think I read 1000 for PS4 somewhere, but that's from memory.

If you tot up the number of possible car/track combinations in pC2 it's just over 34000.

That is clearly NOT the answer I wanted to hear. I really figured I was missing something obvious. At least with this knowledge, I will stop trying to figure out how to do it. Thanks for the reply. Something ELSE for the list of things that should be fixed.

I'm on Xbox One X and I can't figure it out either. I go into time trial, pick the car and track I want but it's showing me times for cars on the track EXCEPT the one I'm trying to figure out. Then if there is one that matches up I can't figure out how to download it over so I can try it.

There's a lot of cars I would love to try and race them but I can't control them and without a setup to try that might be usuable, I just abandon those cars.

Last edited:
You can only download the Top 30.

So if you go in and choose the car and track you're looking for it's only going to pull the top 30 times regardless of what car it is? In other words almost everything except what you're looking for? If that's true then there's really no reason to have car choice as an option.

If you want the leader board tunes from PC all you need to do is ask. Ask 'blinkngone' . You will need to enter the data yourself, no downloaded files to PS4. He is a great guy who has offered his time to bring those PC tunes to PS4.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...equests-for-Consoles(pictures)-Post-Patch-7-0

And I have done that on occasion. I was trying to come up with something to make the Ford Cosworth driveable and he pulled one for me but I don't really like it either. But I don't want to go in there and say can I have setups for Bathurst, Daytona Road Course, and Monza for these 6 GT3 cars, all of the GTE cars, these LMP2 cars, etc., etc. and be a pain in the neck. It would be much easier if the system worked like it was supposed to.

So if you go in and choose the car and track you're looking for it's only going to pull the top 30 times regardless of what car it is? In other words almost everything except what you're looking for? If that's true then there's really no reason to have car choice as an option.
No. I meant the Top 30 setups. You can go as far as you like in terms of times.

It would be much easier if the system worked like it was supposed to.
You're confusing the theoretical way of the system working to the actual way the system is required to be designed to work. On Steam, you can and that's how they'd want it to work and they know how to make it work and I'm sure would much prefer that be the case. It's just console restrictions don't allow for it.

It's just a shame this database can't be stored anywhere on the 'general internet' so that we could just go to the website and copy the setups from there.

And I know this isn't gonna happen but in a lobby I would love to be able to see other peoples set up after the session is complete. Not so much to copy them but so see how much of the lap time difference could be explained by set ups (and by controller or wheel).

It's wat I like from stoopid's time trials; all default set ups, wheel / controller is specified and just go as fast as you can. It gives me a bit of confirmation that with what I'm running I'm doing a pretty good job since I know I can't beat a guy with a wheel and tuning knowledge.

No. I meant the Top 30 setups. You can go as far as you like in terms of times.

You're confusing the theoretical way of the system working to the actual way the system is required to be designed to work. On Steam, you can and that's how they'd want it to work and they know how to make it work and I'm sure would much prefer that be the case. It's just console restrictions don't allow for it.

But it's not pulling the setups only for the car you're looking for, it's pulling all cars. At least that's what I see on Xbox. Like you say it might work as designed on PC where you only see setups for that particular car.

It pulls setups from the general car class. For example if you search for setups for a GT3 car you'll only find setups for GT1 cars as it sees GT cars as one class to stay within Sony / Microsoft restricitions. If you look for setups for the Ford Falcon V8 or another one car class it works.

As long as cars are comparable this might shove you in the right direction but it's no really useful.

And I have done that on occasion. I was trying to come up with something to make the Ford Cosworth driveable and he pulled one for me but I don't really like it either. But I don't want to go in there and say can I have setups for Bathurst, Daytona Road Course, and Monza for these 6 GT3 cars, all of the GTE cars, these LMP2 cars, etc., etc. and be a pain in the neck. It would be much easier if the system worked like it was supposed to.

He has done many if not all GT3, GTE, and LMP2 cars. You may need to search for other versions. He is on ver 7. I would suggest you look at the site and find his other threads, same title just different version. He has an index in each thread for which cars and tracks you will find.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?156-The-Garage-Car-Setup-Talk

Still not getting your satisfaction? Suggest you read and down load this fantastic program. There is a large learning curve, however the people on the site are extremely helpful and there is a new manual on how to use the program. They also offer a database on numerous different vehicles.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62171-PC2Tuner-Engineering-Tune-Visualization

He has done many if not all GT3, GTE, and LMP2 cars. You may need to search for other versions. He is on ver 7. I would suggest you look at the site and find his other threads, same title just different version. He has an index in each thread for which cars and tracks you will find.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?156-The-Garage-Car-Setup-Talk

I tried getting his help with a Falcon setup for Bathurst recently but both of the setups he pulled for me were totally undriveable. I couldn't complete a lap without either spinning out or slamming into a wall. He said that most of these setups were from Time Trial and it could be that they were not appropriate for Custom Race but that doesn't sound quite right. I did have to open up the radiator to stop the engine from overheating but other than that I don't know why Time Trial setups can't be used for races.

Still not getting your satisfaction? Suggest you read and down load this fantastic program. There is a large learning curve, however the people on the site are extremely helpful and there is a new manual on how to use the program. They also offer a database on numerous different vehicles.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62171-PC2Tuner-Engineering-Tune-Visualization

I also tried this but saying there is a large learning curve is putting it mildly. I never did understand what I was looking at or what I was trying to accomplish.

I tried getting his help with a Falcon setup for Bathurst recently but both of the setups he pulled for me were totally undriveable. I couldn't complete a lap without either spinning out or slamming into a wall. He said that most of these setups were from Time Trial and it could be that they were not appropriate for Custom Race but that doesn't sound quite right. I did have to open up the radiator to stop the engine from overheating but other than that I don't know why Time Trial setups can't be used for races.

I think it's mainly two reasons:

1. In many cases, TT setups are extremely loose, very risky but can give you that one perfect lap, among other 99 others in which you will just crash onto a wall :). Some times time trial requires even a bit of luck to nail all corners perfectly, especially with such an extreme setup. But not all top TT setups are like that, many are usable in a race, too.

2. When we are talking about setups in popular car/track combos (for example GT3s in RBR), then the top times are done by aliens. Those people have extremely good car control, so they can afford to use a setup that looks extremely twitchy and difficult for us, but for them it makes absolute sense, because it gives them an extra advantage, without causing them any trouble. But that does not mean those setups are appropriate for us common mortal people :)

And as a general comment, for most cars and in regular tracks (so not in 24h Le Mans, Monza, Ovals etc), setups do not make a lot of difference, max anyone can gain from them is around 0.5 to 1.0 second per lap. There are a couple things that can make cars easier to drive (max value in Engine Braking and increasing the Power Ramp value in the diff), but apart from this it is only practice, practice and more practice to gain large chunks of time.

I think it's mainly two reasons:

1. In many cases, TT setups are extremely loose, very risky but can give you that one perfect lap, among other 99 others in which you will just crash onto a wall :). Some times time trial requires even a bit of luck to nail all corners perfectly, especially with such an extreme setup. But not all top TT setups are like that, many are usable in a race, too.

2. When we are talking about setups in popular car/track combos (for example GT3s in RBR), then the top times are done by aliens. Those people have extremely good car control, so they can afford to use a setup that looks extremely twitchy and difficult for us, but for them it makes absolute sense, because it gives them an extra advantage, without causing them any trouble. But that does not mean those setups are appropriate for us common mortal people :)

And as a general comment, for most cars and in regular tracks (so not in 24h Le Mans, Monza, Ovals etc), setups do not make a lot of difference, max anyone can gain from them is around 0.5 to 1.0 second per lap. There are a couple things that can make cars easier to drive (max value in Engine Braking and increasing the Power Ramp value in the diff), but apart from this it is only practice, practice and more practice to gain large chunks of time.

I started looking at fiddling with the setups originally just to try and find something to fix a few cars that I just couldn't drive, Ford Cosworth, BMW 2002 Turbo, Formula A etc. But once that also came up worse than before I just abandoned those cars and didn't try anymore to drive them. This latest attempt with the Falcon was to try and get my almost stock 2:08 Bathurst time down another couple of seconds to something at least a little more realistic.

It's just a shame that I probably only use about half of the cars in the game because I can't drive the other half.

I started looking at fiddling with the setups originally just to try and find something to fix a few cars that I just couldn't drive, Ford Cosworth, BMW 2002 Turbo, Formula A etc. But once that also came up worse than before I just abandoned those cars and didn't try anymore to drive them. This latest attempt with the Falcon was to try and get my almost stock 2:08 Bathurst time down another couple of seconds to something at least a little more realistic.

It's just a shame that I probably only use about half of the cars in the game because I can't drive the other half.

I do not know about the others, but at least the BMW 2002 I have driven it a lot and I love it! In what part do you have trouble with it, accelerating, braking, mid corner, exit etc? Wheel or controller?

Back