Project CARS 2 sign up is open!

• Thread starter DrJustice
  • 411 comments
Gassolini
The new site is here.

The official announcement is here.

To join, you need to register an account here.
Then you can purchase a Tool Pack here.

Tool Packs are available from GBP 50 and up:

• Bronze GBP 50
  • Silver GBP 75
  • Gold GBP 100
  • Platinum GBP 1000
  • Diamond GBP 10000

Note: Project CARS 1 is to be supported for 2 years, with lots of updates. The development of Project CARS 2 does not affect that in any way. Project CARS 2 is no less than two years away, at a guess. To test the builds you will need a PC.

Note 2: On the official site, you'll find (FAQ) PCars2 "For Dummies" which goes into more detail.

Last edited:
^ No, you're not wrong. Project Cars is to be supported for 2 years, with lots of updates. As of now there are some 40 people working on supporting pCARS 1. pCARS 2 is two years away, at a guess, so there's nothing to fear :)

Last edited:
^ For testing builds you will need a PC. For Silver Tool Pack and up, you get the digital version of the finished game for the platform of your choice. The Bronze level gives you the Digital Standard Edition version for PC.

Thanks, I understand, so I can stick my money in then sit and do nothing? Not really what i want to do though.

Thanks, I understand, so I can stick my money in then sit and do nothing? Not really what i want to do though.
You can still be an active member of the community, a community that comes to a collective decision on lots of aspects of the game.

FINALLY! The rumors have come true!!!

I'd be interested to pay $160 for Gold support (£100; £1 = $1.58 at the moment).

Signed up and money transferred to my PayPal account. Should receive it in 1-2 work days, then join in on the fun. I don't have a PC that will run this but having regretted not backing pCARS, I'm certainly not missing out on this. A no-brainer for me personally, with Rallycross being in this time around.

This time round we aren’t paying members for their contributions at all and there are no pay outs or financial returns to members. We may still take investment and offer members the opportunity to invest – and if we do, we will let members know – but THIS IS NOT AN INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY AND is not about investment or any financial returns to Members.
http://www.wmdportal.com/pcars2tos.html

Yup. EA taught SMS well. All about the money. Why bother making a finished game, when you can just develope one game over the course of a decade, while receiving full price payments several times. Of course we're talking about a company that announces cars that will be in their games many months before release, only to have them as paid DLC.

Last edited:
I don't get what all the complaining is about as it's not an odd thing for a game company to start developing the successor around the time the current one launches (or even before!). In fact it's kind of stupid not to as you don't need a full staff to support a title after launch.

Now, if they suddenly stop supporting PCARS1 than I can understand, but from what I've gathered that's not the case.

Latest Posts

Back