Project CARS 2 Track List

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 737 comments
Way to go, SMS. Make every karting circuit an own "location" and then tell us you've got more than 60 of them. It's still an impressive selection, but out of your 20 laserscanned tracks, we have one karting circuit, two ice circuits and seven rallycross circuits.
Which, well, is the circuits I personally need the least.

Honestly not a bad selection of tracks at all. I'm really impressed for classic monza in which we are getting the oval and circuit combined (6.3 mile version)
It's one of the new tracks that got my attention as well (love racing around it in AC, even if the high speed banking is seriously scary).
Too bad about Mugello.

Way to go, SMS. Make every karting circuit an own "location" and then tell us you've got more than 60 of them. It's an impressive selection, but out of your 20 laserscanned tracks, we have one karting circuit, two ice circuits and seven rallycross circuits.
Which, well, is the circuits I personally need the least.
I counted 57 unique locations. (Historics separate)

I recounted and it's 57.

64, take Dubai Kart, Le Mans Kart, Knockhill RX, Daytona RX, 2 Nurbs, Hockenheim RX,

Yeah, it comes down if you take "duplicate" locations out such as Classic Spa/Spa, Classic Silverstone/Silverstone, Dubai/Dubai Kart, etc. I was too excited to see it and started counting right away without paying attention to the "duplicates"

Still an amazing list.... only thing missing is Mosport ;)

Yeah, it comes down if you take "duplicate" locations out such as Classic Spa/Spa, Classic Silverstone/Silverstone, Dubai/Dubai Kart, etc. I was too excited to see it and started counting right away without paying attention to the "duplicates"

Still an amazing list.... only thing missing is Mosport ;)
And Thruxton.

I count Classics as different locations. Because they really are obviously different.

And Thruxton.

I count Classics as different locations. Because they really are obviously different.

Yeah, I came up with 55 locations my way. The classics may be different, but they are still the same "Location" in my opinion, since in most cases the current track is an evolution of the old track. Same thing with things like Daytona RX track. It's in the infield of the Speedway, so I just considered it a different layout at the same location.

But hey, like I said, overall, and impressive list. Really eager to get going with it.

Contrats, Slightly Mad Studio, for being the first to include Spa Classic in all its glory!

Next classic tracks to be modeled:
- Osterreichring;
- Zandvoort (old);
- Assen (old);
- Kyalami (old);
- Interlagos (old);
- Fuji (old)
- Solitudering;
- Brno (old);
- Sachsenring (old);
- Buenos Aires (old);
- Montjuich;
- Charade.

Yeah, I came up with 55 locations my way. The classics may be different, but they are still the same "Location" in my opinion, since in most cases the current track is an evolution of the old track. Same thing with things like Daytona RX track. It's in the infield of the Speedway, so I just considered it a different layout at the same location.

But hey, like I said, overall, and impressive list. Really eager to get going with it.
I agree

Well we always want more ofcourse but discounting whats there already is frankly pretty shortsighted imo.

Personally I would love to see Zandvoort / Sebring / Macau to complete the DLC with Interlagos as the 4th but I guess they have already been decided on.

Still very happy to see Knockhill, COTA & Fuji in there and very relieved to see my favs Oulton Park / Donnington Park / Watkins Glen back (although worried that Watkins Glen resurface has changed the feel).

Now just need to say my prayers that the Ariel comes back :)

Fantastic track list. I don't see how anyone could be disappointed in this.
There will always be people disappointed that x track didn't make it. With limitless funds and limitless time, sure, the devs could cover every track that people want. The key is having tracks that really do appeal to a wide audience, not just a select few. I reckon they've come up trumps with the list, especially knowing that there are more to come via DLC :)

The complete list of new circuits (but not their variants) is as follows :-

Autodromo Internacional do Algarve
Hockenheimring Rallycross
Knockhill Racing Circuit
Knockhill Rallycross
Lånkebanen Rallycross
Le Mans Karting International
Rallycross of Loheac
Lydden Hill
Mercedes-Benz Driving Events Ice Track
Autodromo Nazionale Monza Historic
Red Bull Ring
Sampala Ice Circuit
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Historic
Wildcrest Rallycross
Circuit of the Americas
Daytona International Speedway
Daytona Rallycross
DirtFish
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Long Beach Street Circuit
Texas Motor Speedway
Fuji
Sportsland Sugo

I count 13 completely tarmac'd tracks (+ variants), 7 rallycross, 2 ice circuits and 1 karting. Game on :)

Contrats, Slightly Mad Studio, for being the first to include Spa Classic in all its glory!

Next classic tracks to be modeled:
- Osterreichring;
- Zandvoort (old);
- Assen (old);
- Kyalami (old);
- Interlagos (old);
- Fuji (old)
- Solitudering;
- Brno (old);
- Sachsenring (old);
- Buenos Aires (old);
- Montjuich;
- Charade.
Montjuich Fuji and old osterreichring would be outstanding,

I'd add AVUS with the mega banking just for the extreme hell of it!

There will always be people disappointed that x track didn't make it. With limitless funds and limitless time, sure, the devs could cover every track that people want. The key is having tracks that really do appeal to a wide audience, not just a select few. I reckon they've come up trumps with the list, especially knowing that there are more to come via DLC :)

Knockhill Racing Circuit
Knockhill Rallycross
Lånkebanen Rallycross
Rallycross of Loheac
Lydden Hill
Red Bull Ring
Sampala Ice Circuit
Wildcrest Rallycross
Circuit of the Americas
Daytona Rallycross
DirtFish
Texas Motor Speedway
Fuji
Sportsland Sugo
That's a lot tbf

Knockhill Racing Circuit
Knockhill Rallycross
Lånkebanen Rallycross
Rallycross of Loheac
Lydden Hill
Red Bull Ring
Sampala Ice Circuit
Wildcrest Rallycross
Circuit of the Americas
Daytona Rallycross
DirtFish
Texas Motor Speedway
Fuji
Sportsland Sugo

I count 13 completely tarmac'd tracks (+ variants), 7 rallycross, 2 ice circuits and 1 karting. Game on :)
That's almost a Gran Turismo Sport.

What are the four versions of Nordschleife? All I can think of is the north loop and tourist version with the chicane on the back straight. What else? The combined are listed separately

Very impressive list, shame they couldn't get the license for Suzuka. Really wish Mid Ohio was in and would be cool to have St. Petersburg street circuit as well.

What are the four versions of Nordschleife? All I can think of is the north loop and tourist version with the chicane on the back straight. What else? The combined are listed separately

GP circuit and the shorter club circuits?

(Muellenbach and Sprint layouts)

GP circuit and the shorter club circuits?

(Muellenbach and Sprint layouts)
That's Nürburgring though, the post was about Nordschleife. As per my reply to the same post, pCARS1 had 4 variants aswell - the full circuit plus the 3 stages, which were sections of the full circuit. At least, that's what I'm guessing it is.

EDIT : Ninja'd by breyzipp :embarrassed:

Was expecting more real tracks such as Interlagos, Suzuka, Motegi Yas Marina,etc but I understand that they want to focus to the new Rallycross category, could be better but it is a straigh solid track list

Was expecting more real tracks such as Interlagos, Suzuka, Motegi Yas Marina,etc but I understand that they want to focus to the new Rallycross category, could be better but it is a straigh solid track list
*expecting more real tracks*
*most locations and layouts of any game at launch without mods*

I see what you mean and see that they can improve. But I'm sure they tried pretty much everywhere. (Did you try Thruxton?)

Back