Project CARS 2 Track List

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 737 comments
For me the track list is one thing, but the laser scanning numbers having gone way up is another.

I was never able to really enjoy the Nordschleife in pCARS 1 due to the impressively accurate model not living up to the laser scans found in AC, iRacing and Raceroom (especially for camber). Now that pCARS 2 brings the laser scan update, that alone is a big thing. And then being able to set any time of the year and weather just adds icing on top. :)

Don't know why we needed a new thread for the track list.
Anyway, the number of car / track combinations together with dynamic TOD and weather is just blowing my mind!

I have so many I want to try that I'm going to be very busy come launch day.

More rallycross and kart circuits than I expected! :) Those should be a lot of fun.

I can hope for Tsukuba as DLC. Too bad Suzuka is still out (as expected; Sakitto has its own merits) and Fuji is only the modern version.

I would have appreciated at least one new point-to-point road or a circuit like Bannochbrae, but the various older and narrower circuits will do well to offer the rural road feel and dynamic experiences I prefer, as I enjoyed in PCARS1. There's a lot to enjoy that isn't a flat, boring, and safety-minded modern complex! 👍 👍

Way to go, SMS. Make every karting circuit an own "location" and then tell us you've got more than 60 of them. It's still an impressive selection, but out of your 20 laserscanned tracks, we have one karting circuit, two ice circuits and seven rallycross circuits.
Which, well, is the circuits I personally need the least.

On my list (see post above) I grouped all real geographic locations together into the same location (even adding Greenwood to Spa) and I came up with 52 locations. That is still mighty impressive considering Forza 7 will only have about 30 and they don't even have full dynamic weather and ToD on all tracks, let aside something as livetrack 3.0

With the PCARS 2 tracklist fully revealed, the ones for GT:S and Assetto Corsa real come to shame.

For laser scanned locations I counted 21 in total. Not bad considering PCARS 1 only had 4.

It is a great track list and I am itching to give these tracks a red hot go.
What's funny is even though we have so many circuits to sink hours and hours in to, I am left wanting these circuits:
  • Tsukuba (jp)
  • Barbagallo (au)
  • Sandown (au)
  • Bathurst (Classic) (au)
  • Phillip Island (au)
  • Symmons Plains (au)
  • Adelaide (Classic/current) (au)
  • Highlands (nz)
  • Pukekohe (nz)
  • Hungoraring (hu)
  • Istanbul (tu)

If Misano and Paul Ricard were in this game I could have an actual Blancpain GT series:lol:
Still, a rallycross selection that not even Dirt can match is crazy. An historic track roster than no other game has. Circuits which have appeared in Gran Turismo (Fuji, Daytona, Indianapolis, Red Bull Ring), and tracks that I have never raced on - Sugo, Knockhill, Wildcrest Rallycross and Texas Motor Speedway. Hot damn, this is going to be mad. However one track I'm eager to drive on again is the Red Bull Ring. Easily the best new track.

If Misano and Paul Ricard were in this game I could have an actual Blancpain GT series:lol:
Still, a rallycross selection that not even Dirt can match is crazy. An historic track roster than no other game has. Circuits which have appeared in Gran Turismo (Fuji, Daytona, Indianapolis, Red Bull Ring), and tracks that I have never raced on - Sugo, Knockhill, Wildcrest Rallycross and Texas Motor Speedway. Hot damn, this is going to be mad. However one track I'm eager to drive on again is the Red Bull Ring. Easily the best new track.
Have you driven Portimao? I'd put it heads and tails above RBR. Very technical and challenging and the elevation changes are great.

From all the new tracks I'm looking forward to Portimao as well. Second place Sugo, third the road course of Texas. :)

From all the new tracks I'm looking forward to Portimao as well. Second place Sugo, third the road course of Texas. :)
Hold up. Say what now?! If that's the case about the Texas road course, I can do a mock Continental Tires race: GT4 & maybe slower road cars in the mix.

I understand that bugatti circuit is in , and the indianapolis f1?
The track list is simply unbelievable. My DLC wishes list: le mans 70's, Sebring, Philip Island and Jerez.

In indianapolis they say 2 layouts. Wich one is the second?
If wicken is correct then it will be the infield road course.

EDIT : I'll be honest, I can't think of any other option. The F1 course would be strange as there are no latter-day F1 cars in the car list.

Last edited:
Disappointed we didn't get the Arena Essex Raceway unfortunately, especially as we have now ovals now

This is a joke btw, if you don't know what AER is, look it up ;)

Last edited:
*expecting more real tracks*
*most locations and layouts of any game at launch without mods*

I see what you mean and see that they can improve. But I'm sure they tried pretty much everywhere. (Did you try Thruxton?)

Yes, I agree, hopefuly more real tracks can come through DLC and season pass, but at the ned is the best track catalog on any game at this point

Where did you hear that?
Nothing official. Just the way the @projectcarsgame twitter account responded to a question. They basically said somethign to the effect of "Toronto is not in at launch", which has led to speculation that it might come as a DLC because an earlier question about Sebring was responded to with a very clear "No"

Back