Project CARS 2 Videos

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 2,969 comments
Ferrari F40 LM at Fuji.

With the AI at 120 difficulty they absolutely dominate me in the dry...but this is Japan, famous for its wet races. Question is, can I get through the field before the track dries out enough to give the AI the upper hand?

Thanks to @IfAndOr for the weather settings, it really is stunning lighting.

P.S. the answer is no...but it's bloody close!

Jim Clark cars in PC2, to make up for how poorly done they are in the Grand Tour Game.

Will be nice to try this track when i finally get the full game. I wish they added even more historic tracks like old nordschlife etc.
I notice you hit the rev limiter for a sec often before upshifting, its a little loss of time.
Did they have rev limiter in those days actually?
Thanks for vid and info.

Will be nice to try this track when i finally get the full game. I wish they added even more historic tracks like old nordschlife etc.
I notice you hit the rev limiter for a sec often before upshifting, its a little loss of time.
Did they have rev limiter in those days actually?
Thanks for vid and info.
Glad you enjoyed the video.

In regard to rev limiters, not all cars back then would of had them, not sure if these would have.

One thing with PC2 is that on older cars even holding it on the limit for too long will damage the engine and can lead to engine failure (as can a lack of air intake opening on hot days, miss shifts and running off onto the gravel too much).
My shifts were late on a few occasions as I run a clutch and h pattern shifter, so mid steer it's nut always easy to change up and keep control, particularly with the more wayward older cars.

So all the heel and toe downshifts in the video are all mine, no automatic clutch or throttle blips, so it's not always perfect, but it is great fun.

Glad you enjoyed the video.

In regard to rev limiters, not all cars back then would of had them, not sure if these would have.

One thing with PC2 is that on older cars even holding it on the limit for too long will damage the engine and can lead to engine failure (as can a lack of air intake opening on hot days, miss shifts and running off onto the gravel too much).
My shifts were late on a few occasions as I run a clutch and h pattern shifter, so mid steer it's nut always easy to change up and keep control, particularly with the more wayward older cars.

So all the heel and toe downshifts in the video are all mine, no automatic clutch or throttle blips, so it's not always perfect, but it is great fun.

Yeah i understand. If i remember in assetto corsa there is no limiter and u will damage the engine fast if go over the red line.
I didn't know PC2 had so different engine failure causes, glad to hear it.

Thanks for reply.

Can i ask what settings you are using for camera movement please?
Here you go, these are mine, used with a 52 degree helmet cam FOV (which is 1:1 for my screen size and distance.

IMG_20190424_215426.jpg

IMG_20190424_215421.jpg

Back