Project CARS 2 Will Look Great on PS4 Pro, But Even Better on Xbox One X

I have a regular PS4 but I'm color-blind and have astigmatism. I'm also using a 720p HDTV so it's not like I'm getting the best quality to begin with.

Please, guys don't argue with each other because of my question... Please... :guilty::(
With regard to the topic of console graphics there seems little to argue about here.
It seems apparent it's a 2 horse race.
You've got GT and Forza running up the home straight battling out lighting engines, native 4k, colour palettes, frame rates, etc, while PC2 just stands in the stable chewing hay.

:P

Alot of these graphics comparisons can be made indistinguishable by simple adjustments on your screen.

The first thing I do when running a new sim is a lap. Then I replay it and fine tune my monitor.

Take a little color, sharpness, and brightness down.
Raise contrast a bit and max the backlighting.

You can make Assetto look identical on PC max settings vs PS4.

Every eye sees things differently, the key is sharpness and contrast.
The more color you throw at it, the less "real" it will look.

With regard to the topic of console graphics there seems little to argue about here.
You've got GT and Forza running up the home straight battling out lighting engines, native 4k, colour palettes, frame rates, etc, while PC2 just stands in the stable chewing hay.

PC2 already finished the race with 12k and VR, so it can chill and enjoy the show :-P

Seriously though, I do hope console guys get a good looking and best driving game at the end of the day.

PC2 already finished the race with 12k and VR, so it can chill and enjoy the show :-P

Seriously though, I do hope console guys get a good looking and best driving game at the end of the day.
👍

I'm in a fun mood and hopefully people can see that.
I thought the analogy had a bit of humour in it.

I'm sure the game will look fine.
I question if it will tackle the other 2, but without trying to pre-guess the final results, PC2 is doing a lot more heavy lifting in other areas, so it's to be expected.
But we'll see.

As it stands my greatest fear graphically would be fps.
I know that's important for many people, so hopefully the "performance", not necessarily the "resolution", stands up to scrutiny.

But chewing hay realistically. Double :P

This is dumb. The PS4 and the PRO have been wiping the floor with XBOX anything ever since 2013 and the announcement of Redmond's awesome DRM idea. All this guy from SMS says is,

"The Xbox One X is a great piece of hardware and we’re very excited for it and we’re making the most of it, so when you run the game on it, it will certainly look better than if you’re running it on anything else, other than a high end PC. But even so you can only do so much.”

....so is this a plug or something for some type of marketing/hype deal with incentives behind it for this particular dev or just laziness? Personally I haven't seen one game this generation that looks better on XBONE or X compared to the PS4 and PS4PRO. This sounds like mealy mouthed nonsense. I have hopes for this title, even after all the controller throwing glitches (invisible walls galore, random disconnects, cars sitting on track during replays to name a few), but alas, here's another concern. At least I know GTSport will look the best on only the console I own. Odd trajectory and report there SMS :odd:

This is dumb. The PS4 and the PRO have been wiping the floor with XBOX anything ever since 2013 and the announcement of Redmond's awesome DRM idea. All this guy from SMS says is,

"The Xbox One X is a great piece of hardware and we’re very excited for it and we’re making the most of it, so when you run the game on it, it will certainly look better than if you’re running it on anything else, other than a high end PC. But even so you can only do so much.”

....so is this a plug or something for some type of marketing/hype deal with incentives behind it for this particular dev or just laziness? Personally I haven't seen one game this generation that looks better on XBONE or X compared to the PS4 and PS4PRO. This sounds like mealy mouthed nonsense. I have hopes for this title, even after all the controller throwing glitches (invisible walls galore, random disconnects, cars sitting on track during replays to name a few), but alas, here's another concern. At least I know GTSport will look the best on only the console I own. Odd trajectory and report there SMS :odd:
Xbox One X has much better GPU and slightly better CPU than Pro, so I'm not sure where you're coming from. The original PS4 was faster than Xbox One, now tables have turned.

Except when you can't even install the game on a $400-$500 PC.
My laptop managed almost 25fps on the Pagani Edition demo with one AI opponent. Meanwhile my PS4 cost less than half as much and will do up to 60fps with 20-30+ AI, also without crashing, stalling the video driver, or creating memory issues that interfere with other programs until a restart. I don't entirely blame SMS for that, it's pretty typical of my experience with PC gaming.

My laptop managed almost 25fps on the Pagani Edition demo with one AI opponent. Meanwhile my PS4 cost less than half as much and will do up to 60fps with 20-30+ AI, also without crashing, stalling the video driver, or creating memory issues that interfere with other programs until a restart. I don't entirely blame SMS for that, it's pretty typical of my experience with PC gaming.
Does your laptop have a dedicated GPU though? If it does not, then it's not quite comparable. Yes, PS4's GPU is old and slow now, but it will still be better than integrated graphics, even though Intel has improved it quite a bit lately. Still, you're right about the video driver crashes and such things. It may happen from time to time.

PC value proposition is different though. You get productivity-focused machine that can ALSO play video games, if you invest a little bit in the GPU. I love my iPad that cost me just 300 bucks and I use it 90% of the time when I want to watch videos on the go or browse the web. I would never use it for any type of word processing, engineering, or other type of work related stuff.

lol, I'd literally hate to be in the position where I had so much invested in one 'side' that it would make me post like that.

The new Xbox One X is the soon to be released console that appears to have quite a bit more power than the Pro. We'll see if it does when it's released later this year. However, if devs who have their hands on the dev kits, like SMS, are saying the likes of above then it looks like the XBox One X will indeed be the new console king. I'm not sure how you'll cope.

@FuriousDemon -- No, it doesn't have a dedicated GPU; I know a similarly-priced PC with a GPU could do somewhat better.

The thing is, I do play games on my laptop -- older titles, indies, and emulators -- and it's also used for work, so it's a better value for me than if I tried to keep up with high-end hardware to play graphics-intensive games like this one. :) Prettier graphics aren't very important to me, I just want a steady framerate with visuals that don't look like ass, along with tight responsive gameplay that doesn't suffer from input latency, stutters, or other gremlins, which is a risk in trying to get by with a lower-end PC.

As of now the only game I'm hoping my laptop will run is the upcoming Battletech by Harebrained Schemes. Mechwarrior Online was just barely playable, so I think it'll be okay, especially for a turn-based game.

Let the XBOX vs PSx debate start again. Why the h$&" do companies do this crap? If they prefer a console or platform, say it and stick to it!

Oh and you console fanboys can just save your arguments as I'm in NO mood to hear them.

Let the XBOX vs PSx debate start again. Why the h$&" do companies do this crap? If they prefer a console or platform, say it and stick to it!

Oh and you console fanboys can just save your arguments as I'm in NO mood to hear them.
PC Fangirls there you go!!!!

A testament to the One X's superior hardware profile, no doubt. Also I'm unsure what sales — if that's what you're referencing — has to do with anything in the given scenario.

....so is this a plug or something for some type of marketing/hype deal with incentives behind it for this particular dev or just laziness?

All I took from that is the truth: Xbox One X is a more powerful console than PS4 Pro.

Personally I haven't seen one game this generation that looks better on XBONE or X compared to the PS4 and PS4PRO.

Well here's the first of those games. Though the comparison will have to wait until November.

This sounds like mealy mouthed nonsense.

Whoa. Irony.

I have hopes for this title, even after all the controller throwing glitches (invisible walls galore, random disconnects, cars sitting on track during replays to name a few), but alas, here's another concern. At least I know GTSport will look the best on only the console I own. Odd trajectory and report there SMS :odd:

So your closing argument is that somehow Project CARS 2 looking better on the One X and not the PS4 Pro is a concern (for some reason) but that GT Sport on said console(s) — the only console(s) it will ever be available on — will look the best? That's a bit...anecdotal, wouldn't you say?

What's the best Sim Racing Game?
It's Settled than...

and the answer to that is...
The One you are currently driving...

Doesn't matter what sim title, on what platform...
If your Driving it, then in that moment, it's the best it's going to be...

Enjoy it how you have it... why worry about comparing apples to oranges...

Just Drive and have Fun!

Whats obvious is that it will look and run at its best on pc. Of course ill be getting it for the ps4, for my base ps4, and not my gaming pc, because thats what all my friends who i race with have. Looking a lil prettier is nice, racing with your crew who youve been racing with for years is even nicer in my opinon.

I spent $1300 (*edit CND) on a custom built PC. That's "low end." I can safely say I can not afford PC gaming. I'll stick with consoles for video games. Unless you are willing to shell out $2000 bucks for a computer don't bother.
Thats a low end pc? Sounds like you sir got took. I built my pc for under $500 usd, and it will run anything out there today on high to ultra at 1080p at a minumum of a solid 60fps.

Will it run vr? Eh probably not but seeing as i dont have a $600 oculous rift i dont care. Will it run everything on ultra at 4k at 60+fps? Again no. But seeing as i dont have a 4k tv, and thats whats its hooked up to, my 42 inch lg 1080p tv with a 60hz refresh rate (its older i know lol) then anything higher then 1080p 60fps is pointless for my use right now.

And since we are comparing apples to apples, my standard ps4 your lucky to run most games at full 1080 60fps anyway. So im still running pc only games at good settings, and multiplats better, for under $500.

Looks aren't everything if the game plays well that's all that matters it seems like some developers want to keep the fanboys at each others throats I don't know why people care about looks so much this is why gaming these days sucks it's all about graphics, resolution & framerate and a lot of people judge a game based on those the game could play like a pile of crap compared to a game that doesn't look as good but plays better but hey it's all nice n shiny and has a higher resolution than the other game so that obviously makes it better right?

Looks aren't everything if the game plays well that's all that matters it seems like some developers want to keep the fanboys at each others throats I don't know why people care about looks so much this is why gaming these days sucks it's all about graphics, resolution & framerate and a lot of people judge a game based on those the game could play like a pile of crap compared to a game that doesn't look as good but plays better but hey it's all nice n shiny and has a higher resolution than the other game so that obviously makes it better right?
I want a game that looks great and plays great too. I'm hoping PCars 2 will do nicely in both areas.

GT Sport looks epic graphically from what I have seen. But bet it would probaly look better on the one x if hell ever froze over.
I'm not certain it will look better than games optimized for the 1x.
Pcars2 and FM7 may very well be better looking games.

The PS4 pro was claimed to be incapable of a 4k game, so I can't imagine it has room to spare.

I'm not certain it will look better than games optimized for the 1x.
Pcars2 and FM7 may very well be better looking games.

The PS4 pro was claimed to be incapable of a 4k game, so I can't imagine it has room to spare.
Agreed. But if hell did actually freeze over I would hope they all got together and produced one game with gts graphics, forza customisation, pcars live track & AC physics. One can only dream.

You can debate all you want but this top 5 below is pretty much the current gen console ranking in performance now (and the 4K + HDR capabilities listed with them). Also note that depending on which features you want performance might not be the only decision factor.

1) XBox One X (4K, HDR, 4K blu-ray)
2) Ps4 Pro (4K, HDR)
3) Ps4 standard
4) XBox One S (4K, HDR, 4K blu-ray)
5) XBox One standard

I got a standard XBox One in summer 2015, got a PS 4 Pro in spring 2017 and will get a XBox One X in winter 2017. The XBox platform is my main gaming platform, it's also where I have my annual multiplayer subscription and 80-90% of my games (including a Thrustmaster wheel setup). For the PS4 Pro I don't have PSN+ but I bought it mainly for the PS exclusive titles that interest me also which happen to be mostly singleplayer games (Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted series remastered, Last of Us remastered).

When I now buy new games (like for example Doom 2016 was on a big sale a few weeks ago) I can choose between the PS or XBox platforms since both consoles are connected in my living room. I prefer the XBox though since it will be upgraded to the X1X anyway, I have multiplayer subscription running there and I prefer that controller (got the XBox Elite). But I'm running scarce on storage space now on my XBox One with 500 GB Samsung T3 SSD. On the PS4 Pro I still got a lot of space left.

Back