Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by drivatar, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Rich2086

Rich2086

Yeah its Delayed

2. FLX1981

FLX1981

Well, instead of reacting hostile and thinking that this news of pcars2 planning ahead reduces pcars1 to a fire-and-forget title (which it wont), maybe you guys that missed the boat the first time should take it as a sign of good things to come: That they are even thinking about making a pcars2 in the same way of open development means that we original WMD members must have made a kinda good job from the perspective of SMS as well and that you will get the chance to experience the whole process too sometime in the future.

3. Bluntified

Bluntified

Don't worry man, there's still some hidden power Sony's holding back - mainly for parity to XOne. We're still fairly future-proof.......well as long as they actually use the hardware rather than scale things down to let Xbox keep up.

4. Kkj10

Kkj10

Can't wait to become a WMD member for future titles. If I had known about PCars way back when, It's something I defiantly would of singed up for. I'm gutted I missed the boat :banghead:

NLxAROSA and Johnnypenso like this.
  5. UkHardcore23

UkHardcore23

Lets hope Sony reveal this hidden power soon then. Also why would Sony hold power back to be the same as Xbox One?

6. FuriousDemon

FuriousDemon

I think he is being sarcastic. There is no hidden power in the severely outdated hardware that the current consoles are.

7. psychoazubi

psychoazubi

Optimizing software is a good way to improve games. Just look what the difference between Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 3 was. If a developer gets used to a hardware/software, he'll be able to get the same tasks done with less power.

bleeder likes this.
  8. Myles Prower

Myles Prower

2 new graphic APIs, Dx12 and Vulkcan about to be let loose. Better start as soon as possible

9. Bluntified

Bluntified

Apparently they haven't maxed out the power yet so there's still plenty of juice left......

http://gearnuke.com/shuhei-yoshida-lot-hidden-powers-system/

Seriously speaking, PS4 game devs have had to scale down on many multi-platform games to keep parity with the Xbox One. That plus there actually is hidden power that hasn't been unlocked. Not too long ago the Xbox One opened up more CPU power to the devs, which is the same scenario for the PS4, they locked a lot of it's power in the start but will slowly start really opening it up.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/01/05/xbox-one-developers-given-more-cpu-power

10. Myles Prower

Myles Prower

Don't turn this into a console war throwing dodgy articles and forum threads everywhere

11. Bluntified

Bluntified

Console war? You're kidding right? I don't think I've said anything negative or false in any regard.

This is more of a reassurance to fellow console users (all consoles) that we won't be left behind - not anytime soon.

12. Myles Prower

Myles Prower

The consoles are where the money is, SMS can't afford to leave them behind

SynGamer likes this.
  13. psychoazubi

psychoazubi

All consoles are left behind if money is no issue. Everyone has a different budget, likes other games or prefers to play on the couch with a controller instead of a keyboard and mouse. Consoles look beautiful for the price tag they have and they will look better over the years, but as you can see with pcars and gta5, they won't be able to look as beautiful as on the 4k pc version

Myles Prower and HEF51 like this.
  14. bleeder

bleeder

ouch

15. blowfishrulez

blowfishrulez

To stay roughly on topic: Think of Consoles as the Ariel Atom, not much power, but very lightweight and good in the corners, built for track day use. A PC is like a Merc G63 AMG. Super powerful and luxurious, can be used for shopping to off-road, but clunky, expensive and not as efficient. Both have their customers and each owner is satisfied with his choice.

16. kikie

kikie Premium

Strange. As far as I understand correctly, Andy Tudor mentioned something about pCars being developed to become a race game that doesn't need a sequel for the next, uh, many, many years. The update and DLC features of new games makes sure that there is no need for a sequel.

Did I understand it correctly (interview with Andy Tudor)?

17. thedottore46

thedottore46

Who said pCARS2 will be a sequel :confused: All we know is, that there apparently will be another title from SMS. Its content? Pure speculation. Also them saying that theres a 2-year maintenance plan doesnt mean that pCARS is a dead end. ;)

ukfan758, blowfishrulez and NLxAROSA like this.
  18. kikie

kikie Premium

If it is called pCars2, then it is a sequel. If it is a new game, it would not be called pCars2.

GranTurismo guy likes this.
  19. NLxAROSA

NLxAROSA Premium

It's just an internal working name for the second WMD project. So it's not called anything at the moment. It's not known at this point if it will be a sequel or a spin-off. Personally I think chances of a spin-off are a lot bigger...

20. amazed

amazed

It could be a Rally game for all we know.....

21. MXH

MXH Premium

I'd love to see SMS giving a rally game or an expansion a go, with each track having the length of Azure Coast and/or California Highway. Frankly, if anyone could do such a game justice, it would be them.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  22. Pseudopod

Pseudopod

About as far behind as with every console generation cycle since the 80s :p

Crisis Nine likes this.
  23. kikie

kikie Premium

Slightly mad studios are is going to make a flight simulator with ...............................
    birds instead of airplanes.

Don't tell anyone I said so.

:D

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    ukfan758, Crisis Nine and svenvangent like this.
  24. Pseudopod

Pseudopod

They got the idea while playing Goat simulator.

"Guys, we can make way better animal physics than this."

ukfan758 and NLxAROSA like this.
  25. NLxAROSA

NLxAROSA Premium

Yes, 100% realistic goat physics. It will also be 18+. :lol:

26. It could be a prequel!, What Pcars would have looked like if it had come out on the ps2. Oh hang on, Hasnt some other dev sort of done that already?

Johnnypenso likes this.
  27. DG_Silva

DG_Silva

The ideas being bandied around are more than you can think of. Just wait and see please guys....