Project CARS 2

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 56 comments
Plans for Project CARS 2 have been leaked.

From Ian Bell:
A very short update for now as I’m jet-lagged to hell and back but the good news is that we will be continuing the WMD setup for pCARS2.

We will open new forum sections when the game (pCARS1) ships to support the new users and you WMD experts will all have access and we’d greatly appreciate your assistance advising new users.

I’ll be implementing a new non-profit return form of WMD for pCARS2 (to avoid the FSA hassle) and will set a purchase time limit of 2-3 months for those who want to take part. Following this, involvement will be closed. The tiers won’t have the higher cost options that we currently have (probably capped at 100 pounds with excellent benefits) and those who want to approach me personally to invest in the new game can do so providing it’s at or above 50k.

I planned to release the above information with a new web page explaining the details of each purchase tier but we’re insanely busy and haven’t found the time. I’m aware though that I promised an update so here it is.

In short, we want to continue and extend the community involvement in the pCARS brand which has proven to be so very effective and we want to ensure this great community lives on and thrives into the future.
https://pretendracecars.wordpress.com/2015/04/23/project-cars-2-confirmed/

And apparently from WMD:

MASSIVE BIG MASTER NEWS:

Stay well to listen to our future because we will inform you of the opportunity to be part of WMD to participate in the creation, development of the next AAA game Slightly Mad Studios.
Unlike the first game funded by WMD, there will be no return on investment. On the other hand you can play from the start of development to all builds, give your ideas on the game via wmd forum (in English only), participate fully in the creation of the game from A to Z and have the game to end.
The system will be a crowdfunding as it exists on other platforms with ingame bonus according to your toolpacks. Maximum amount of toolpacks (about £ 100 Max).
Space will be limited because you can participate in funding for 2-3 months. After registration will be closed.
Stay tuned, we will reply soon to tell you where this is going, if you are interested in living a sacred adventure with a great community for + or - 3 years.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-wii-u-xbox-one.261206/page-475#post-10639255

Yeah thank you for another post about leaked stuff. We had this in the main thread yesterday and besides speculation what pcars2 might bring in the future, there is no point in this thread. It is business as usual to plan ahead, it's not like they started with the development. We have enough wishlist threads, so I don't see a point in this one.

You will get the all the info you need when it will be official. This is just another proof that pretendracecars side should be closed and thrown out of wmd.

When will you guys learn that you should not directly link to this PRC website?

Yeah thank you for another post about leaked stuff. We had this in the main thread yesterday and besides speculation what pcars2 might bring in the future, there is no point in this thread. It is business as usual to plan ahead, it's not like they started with the development. We have enough wishlist threads, so I don't see a point in this one.

You will get the all the info you need when it will be official. This is just another proof that pretendracecars side should be closed and thrown out of wmd.

And even if they had already started it, this would still be pretty normal.
You can't keep all your full time code programmers busy with patches and DLCs.
What should they do?
Sit on their hands until the gamers "allow" them to start with work on another game?

Some people really have no idea how software development works.

Last edited:
When will you guys learn that you should not directly link to this PRC website?
How should I post this news without linking to the original, public source?

I understand members of WMD don't like leaks like this happening but that's true for every other developer. You think PD is happy about leaks on GTP?

Users are.

How should I post this news without linking to the original, public source?

I understand members of WMD don't like leaks like this happening but that's true for every other developer. You think PD is happy about leaks on GTP?

Users are.

This "website" is a special case though. And IMO it doesn't deserve to get linked by anyone.

Very interesting. With the non-ROI approach they could increase the price of toolpacks (80€ and up), so not every hater and leaky kid can buy one, but would have to provide future DLC for free, until it balances with the investment.

To think how mature the Elite forums were, before the floodgates opened...

Fantastic news! Will be definitely be getting on board as I have some major ideas that I'd desperately love to see featured in a game and through the WMD system, I feel like there's an opportunity for my ideas to be heard.

Very interesting. With the non-ROI approach they could increase the price of toolpacks (80€ and up), so not every hater and leaky kid can buy one, but would have to provide future DLC for free, until it balances with the investment.

To think how mature the Elite forums were, before the floodgates opened...
Great idea. 👍👍

Not posting it at all. Besides, the second link in your post gives the answer.
I might have made a mistake for posting that here but I'm not a member, I saw that in the Project CARS Community page on facebook and posted that just to get my question answered and you did.

It's non-news if you ask me. Is anyone actually surprised that the wheels are set in motion for a sequel already? Project CARS took (almost) 4 years from scratch to release. So part of the team will work on additional content/features and bugfixing, while the other starts on the next project. Or do you want to wait 6 years after release for the sequel?

^Yup. I did expect an announcement like this even earlier (as they are late compared to other studios). And I'm in for pcars2 again, that's a no brainer!

I hate it when people already take about next game so early. I think case even before the game get released. It is obvious if the game decent interest which I think it does there will be another game some years down the line. Unless this game bombs which I don't think will happen.

When it comes to franchises, the sequel is almost always in production before the launch of its predecessor

Last edited:
News at 11; Developer has a long-term vision for their new IP.

Anyway, good to know that the WMD forum will in some form open up for us new users at release.

Considering they have to rebuild most of the engine for dx12 it's no surprise.
Has this been discussed or is this just a foregone conclusion for games in the next year or two? I haven't kept up on DX12:scared:

Has this been discussed or is this just a foregone conclusion for games in the next year or two? I haven't kept up on DX12:scared:
Ive seen it mentioned on WMD an many other interviews with developers of software. I after reading up on it we won't see it's full effect until a few years time. Consoles user won't benefit much either.

Ive seen it mentioned on WMD an many other interviews with developers of software. I after reading up on it we won't see it's full effect until a few years time. Consoles user won't benefit much either.
Us poor console owners, I dread to think how far we will be behind PC games in 2-3 years time.

Even if there is one, it affects no-one in the slightest. A sequel to a game only means anything if the original game has been out for a while and people want new features that can't just be patched in.

Back