Project CARS 2's LiveTrack 3.0 System Models Track Temps Based on Angle of the Sun

That is impressive. It makes you wonder if they implemented altitude for various tracks depending on location.

I know racing in Denver is a lot different than racing in say Florida. With the thinner air in Denver (at a mile high) you have to tune a forced induction car differently or you will lose power by starving the engine of air.

I'm starting to think, pcars 3 we are going to have to have dyno sessions to dial in our cars. Hehehehe that would be insane! I would never have to spend the crazy money I spend building real cars. I could do it in video games.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to this game, I had pc1 but was one of the peeps that couldn't get a controller to work for me.

I'm wondering at this point if anyone has advise on which platform would be best suited for this game? My xbone broke and I may just buy a PS4 over fixing the X as this is the second time this year the X has been down.

That is impressive. It makes you wonder if they implemented altitude for various tracks depending on location.

I know racing in Denver is a lot different than racing in say Florida. With the thinner air in Denver (at a mile high) you have to tune a forced induction car differently or you will lose power by starving the engine of air.

I'm starting to think, pcars 3 we are going to have to have dyno sessions to dial in our cars. Hehehehe that would be insane! I would never have to spend the crazy money I spend building real cars. I could do it in video games.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to this game, I had pc1 but was one of the peeps that couldn't get a controller to work for me.

I'm wondering at this point if anyone has advise on which platform would be best suited for this game? My xbone broke and I may just buy a PS4 over fixing the X as this is the second time this year the X has been down.
*cough* I'm pretty sure that was done in Project CARS 1. *cough*

Yeah, altitude was already in pCARS 1.

Just a question, you have the money and time to race real cars but don't have a racing wheel? A bit strange as they can be had for a reasonable price these days and it's a far better experience, even if pad is dialed in perfectly.

Yeah, altitude was already in pCARS 1.

Just a question, you have the money and time to race real cars but don't have a racing wheel? A bit strange as they can be had for a reasonable price these days and it's a far better experience, even if pad is dialed in perfectly.
Maybe he just plays the game casually?

I bought a wheel a time ago. Dogs ate the chord. Haven't bothered buying another.

I've built a few cars but mainly in the past. They weren't race cars, just built 93 supra, a C5, and a handful of others.
Yes I play more casually so I never got around to buying another, mainly because setting it all up to play a race game then breaking it all down to play fallout or something else. Really to me it was a pita. Then there was that whole coffee table or something to attach it to, pedals slipping because your sitting on the floor. Idk, it was not for me, unless I dedicated a room to a full Simulator type cockpit. By that time, I'll just get in my car and drive in real life.

I assume these days wheels don't come with chords attached everywhere but I don't know cause I've not looked into them.

Thats really cool about altitude though, I didn't realize that was in p1.

I bought a wheel a time ago. Dogs ate the chord. Haven't bothered buying another.

I've built a few cars but mainly in the past. They weren't race cars, just built 93 supra, a C5, and a handful of others.
Yes I play more casually so I never got around to buying another, mainly because setting it all up to play a race game then breaking it all down to play fallout or something else. Really to me it was a pita. Then there was that whole coffee table or something to attach it to, pedals slipping because your sitting on the floor. Idk, it was not for me, unless I dedicated a room to a full Simulator type cockpit. By that time, I'll just get in my car and drive in real life.

I assume these days wheels don't come with chords attached everywhere but I don't know cause I've not looked into them.

Thats really cool about altitude though, I didn't realize that was in p1.
I understand. Yeah, I had difficulty getting the wheel set up until I got a Playseat Challenge. It's a foldable racing seat that easy to set up and the wheel and pedals are permanently attached to it. No sliding. There are still cords though, but you can disconnect them and hide them near the console when you fold the seat away. Again, maybe not as easy as playing with a controller but the immersion and FFB is much better.

I understand. Yeah, I had difficulty getting the wheel set up until I got a Playseat Challenge. It's a foldable racing seat that easy to set up and the wheel and pedals are permanently attached to it. No sliding. There are still cords though, but you can disconnect them and hide them near the console when you fold the seat away. Again, maybe not as easy as playing with a controller but the immersion and FFB is much better.
I have exactly the same seat. It's a great thing and suitable for my relative lack of space and the requirement to move it but the easy storage is really useful. As well as that, it's a great seat in itself and accommodates a lot of wheels.

3hours to go in the Blancpain race. So much rubber on the front straight and all over the track. It's going to be follow the leader at some circuits. Can't wait to try race strategies Offline.

I have exactly the same seat. It's a great thing and suitable for my relative lack of space and the requirement to move it but the easy storage is really useful. As well as that, it's a great seat in itself and accommodates a lot of wheels.
But you have that bar in the middle keeping you from doing right foot braking and heel/toe

I love this game.... and I haven't even played it yet!

I'm watching Pratice 2 of (V8)Supercars. Commentators are talking about how track temp is up(35°C) @3PM from Practice 1 @Noon. Also, mentioning how wind may be a factor as to why cars are struggling with set up. Seems teams are changing anti-roll bars frequently today(Townsville Street Circuit is bumpy and has raised kerbs).

I don't know how long offline series' give for a race day(a couple hours?). It would be awesome to see temperature play a factor from Practice through Qualifying. Then, change again at race start. I haven't even got into tyre pressures. So much win come September.

I love this game.... and I haven't even played it yet!

I'm watching Pratice 2 of (V8)Supercars. Commentators are talking about how track temp is up(35°C) @3PM from Practice 1 @Noon. Also, mentioning how wind may be a factor as to why cars are struggling with set up. Seems teams are changing anti-roll bars frequently today(Townsville Street Circuit is bumpy and has raised kerbs).

I don't know how long offline series' give for a race day(a couple hours?). It would be awesome to see temperature play a factor from Practice through Qualifying. Then, change again at race start. I haven't even got into tyre pressures. So much win come September.
I hope the game comes with its own Ludo Lacroix because l won't have the foggiest idea on what changes I need to make to get the most out of the car in each instance!

I hope the game comes with its own Ludo Lacroix because l won't have the foggiest idea on what changes I need to make to get the most out of the car in each instance!
:lol: truuuuuue.

I'm not an expert, but quick guide(just a guide) from what the experts say, when I watch V8 Supercars:

- wet track or rain; soften the suspension to half the default, set anti-roll bars to zero.

- dry track: stiffen springs
- dry track, street circuit: maximum negative camber, stiff anti-roll bar, soft springs, stiff dampers double the stiffness of the springs

- Bathurst; set camber to -3° in front, use 3.17 final drive gear

Knowing the tyre model is different, all the settings, should yield dramatic differences from PC1. Good stuff for us all, especially tuners.

I would love to see a different default tune or two on every track from the community. I think it would be a huge feather in the cap of this game if they were able to achieve that. It could even be done by voting by having Tunes go to a central database and then have them voted on by the community in the top two tunes for each track/car combination could be copy and pasted as default a couple of months after the launch of the game. The downside of course is that a change to the tire model or the physics partway through the life of the game may render the default tunes obsolete to some degree.

Just having a community database of tunes that are voted on and easily downloadable would be a heck of a start.

I don't get to see BTCC live, it after reading Knockhill qualifying, I wonder how close we can get to the times.

There was a shower earlier in the afternoon so, the track was damp. The fastest early time, was a 56.517(in wets). After the changing conditions in the session, pole position dropped to 52.579(on slicks).

Different spec cars, but I can't wait to replicate these races.

Another (V8)Supercars qualy session. It's been windy since Friday and the headwind affected the top speed of the cars. So much so,Caruso in the Altima, couldn't use 6th gear because the wind made him 10km/h slower down the front straight.
Now, there is cloud cover and the tyres are loving it. Record setting qualifying laps right now. Can't wait to try this.

Has wind been a confirmed factor now and if so how is do we see it?
:)
43fdc840d8.png

Also remember, there are flags on race control buildings(see Brands Hatch).

Back