Project CARS 3 Car List

I'd like to see updated LMPs, particularly Oreca 07 (closed-top) LMP2. LMP1 isn't likely given there's only one hybrid LMP1 racing out there (Toyota TS050; maybe updated liveries?) and not so sure if the current 'privateer' LMP1 (Rebellion R-One) will ever make it. (And it's way too early for talking Hypercar, that's maybe pCARS 4 if ever be!) But I just want at least a new LMP2 please!

LMPs are among the most popular car type I drive on pCARS (both 1 and 2).

I'd like to see updated LMPs, particularly Oreca 07 (closed-top) LMP2. LMP1 isn't likely given there's only one hybrid LMP1 racing out there (Toyota TS050; maybe updated liveries?) and not so sure if the current 'privateer' LMP1 (Rebellion R-One) will ever make it. (And it's way too early for talking Hypercar, that's maybe pCARS 4 if ever be!) But I just want at least a new LMP2 please!

LMPs are among the most popular car type I drive on pCARS (both 1 and 2).

I think they should stick to LMP1's from Spirit of LeMans DLC. 2016 was pretty interesting we had Porsche 919, Audi, Toyota they could throw some of their fictional designs there too.

Why the hell they again the first version of the AMG GT3 with the old wing? ACC, Raceroom and GT Sport uses the updated version of the AMG GT3.

Why the hell they again the first version of the AMG GT3 with the old wing? ACC, Raceroom and GT Sport uses the updated version of the AMG GT3.
I’m more disappointed the new Aston GT3 isn’t there going off the trailer

E5718CCC-E9F2-4667-B503-D0B6FDB776E2.jpeg
Is that the Ford Mustang GT4? That is a nice addition if it is

View attachment 927777 Is that the Ford Mustang GT4? That is a nice addition if it is

The Mustang GT4 is currently in both PC2 (SMS) & GRID (Codemasters). It would be practically expected for that car to be in PC3. The Camaro GT4.R is also in GRID, so I expect it to appear in PC3 also.

Doesn't look far off it but will need a clearer shot to actually confirm it.

Looks very much like a Mustang. The way the picture is distorted, it looks like the Mustang Gr. 3 car from Gran Turismo Sport. :lol:

The Mustang GT4 is currently in both PC2 (SMS) & GRID (Codemasters). It would be practically expected for that car to be in PC3. The Camaro GT4.R is also in GRID, so I expect it to appear in PC3 also.

Looks very much like a Mustang. The way the picture is distorted, it looks like the Mustang Gr. 3 car from Gran Turismo Sport. :lol:

Actually in Pcars 2 this is fictional Mustang based on RTR tuned version and adapted to GT4 class. This isn't real Mustang GT4. I hope we will get it in PCars 3

Information released so far indicates 200 cars including 40 new ones. The car count in PC2 is 232 which suggests a loss of 72 cars in order to have 40 new ones with a total of 200.

I find this the most worrying thing so far! PC2 was class leading terms of its inclusion of historic race car content and classic tracks - it will be a non-buy from me if this content has been cut.

200 cars seems very low when the previous title has 232 - is Code Masters planning to sell DLC packs of cars which people have already enjoyed in previous games? Is there some other reason why the number of cars is so low?

Last edited:
Information released so far indicates 200 cars including 40 new ones. The car count in PC2 is 232 which suggests a loss of 72 cars in order to have 40 new ones with a total of 200.

I find this the most worrying thing so far! PC2 was class leading terms of its inclusion of historic race car content and classic tracks - it will be a on-buy from me if this content has been cut.

200 cars seems very low when the previous title has 232 - is Code Masters planning to sell DLC packs of cars which people have already enjoyed in previous games? Is there some other reason why the number of cars is so low?
That is worrying, you’d imagine they would build on the content already there but I suppose we will have to see when the game is released

I find this the most worrying thing so far! PC2 was class leading terms of its inclusion of historic race car content and classic tracks - it will be a on-buy from me if this content has been cut.

not 200... but more than 200. So it can be more then 232

Attachments

• Przechwytywanie.JPG
    Przechwytywanie.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 17
@Sick Cylinder -- A number of cars might be consolidated, now that they can be changed and upgraded. I count dozens of possible "cuts" for that purpose, but it depends on how SMS chose to implement things.

What I mean is this:
2017 Ferrari 488 Challenge APAC (488 Challenge)
2017 Ferrari 488 Challenge EU (488 Challenge)
2017 Ferrari 488 Challenge NA (488 Challenge)
2016 Ferrari 488 GT3 (GT3)
2016 Ferrari 488 GTE (GTE)

...would become this:
2017 Ferrari 488 Challenge
2016 GT3 (kit or parts)
2016 GTE (kit or parts)

I understand that we're still speculating but does anyone think we're going to get any Subaru race cars?

@Sick Cylinder -- A number of cars might be consolidated, now that they can be changed and upgraded. I count dozens of possible "cuts" for that purpose, but it depends on how SMS chose to implement things.

What I mean is this:
2017 Ferrari 488 Challenge APAC (488 Challenge)
2017 Ferrari 488 Challenge EU (488 Challenge)
2017 Ferrari 488 Challenge NA (488 Challenge)
2016 Ferrari 488 GT3 (GT3)
2016 Ferrari 488 GTE (GTE)

...would become this:
2017 Ferrari 488 Challenge
2016 GT3 (kit or parts)
2016 GTE (kit or parts)

Thanks Wolfey - good post!

That doesn't sound very likely! 232 + 40 = 272 the Marketing Department would say more than 270 cars!

More than 200 including 40 new cars suggests that a large number of cars have been cut!

They have already said that some cars (Karts) won't make it. Just like not every car from PC1 made it to the PC2.

Some cars may be consolidated to one car (upgrade parts), some may be replaced with new models (like some older race cars for 2019-2020 models ? ) some may be gone forever (karts, maybe RallyCross, Ford F150? Ford Bronco?) but definitely there won't be 200 cars. There will be more. This was the case with Pcars 2 it also stated something like this and end up having much much more.

They have already said that some cars (Karts) won't make it. Just like not every car from PC1 made it to the PC2.

Some cars may be consolidated to one car (upgrade parts), some may be replaced with new models (like some older race cars for 2019-2020 models ? ) some may be gone forever (karts, maybe RallyCross, Ford F150? Ford Bronco?) but definitely there won't be 200 cars. There will be more. This was the case with Pcars 2 it also stated something like this and end up having much much more.

i imagine there will certainly be DLC... and regardless, there was a bunch of stuff in pc2 that i never touched. ... just super specific stuff.

id be perfectly happy if we can upgrade/modify cars to our liking to fit that more specific detail that used to be it's own car

no need for a LMP1 that is trimmed out for LeMans and the same model trimmed out for other circuits.

i imagine there will certainly be DLC... and regardless, there was a bunch of stuff in pc2 that i never touched. ... just super specific stuff.

id be perfectly happy if we can upgrade/modify cars to our liking to fit that more specific detail that used to be it's own car

no need for a LMP1 that is trimmed out for LeMans and the same model trimmed out for other circuits.

Also some of the "fake" gt4 cars would be replaced with real ones. Like Mustang RTR will be replaced with real GT4 etc. I think it will easily be 40 new cars without drastic cuts in PCars 2 carlist. This most important and beloved cars will stay i think.

I understand that we're still speculating but does anyone think we're going to get any Subaru race cars?
Depends, if there is off-road motorsport series then possibly. If not I think Subaru won’t be there unless they add road cars.

Depends, if there is off-road motorsport series then possibly. If not I think Subaru won’t be there unless they add road cars.

since they are doing car upgrades I think Subaru will fit in just fine. Start with a stock WRX STI then upgrade it to TCR, GT4 spec then end game upgrade is a GT300 style car or a time attack monster like the Evo 6 SVA from pCARS 2.

Just because Grid has stuff doesn't mean pCars will. The licensing agreements for this game will have mostly been done waaaay before Codemasters acquired SMS. And even then the licenses won't get shared between games necassarily. By the time you cut the Karts, RX cars, I imagine some of the older GT3/GTE (counted separately in PC2), and some other outdated modern race cars that can be replaced like for like (LMP2, LMP1, etc) you can easily drop nearly 40 cars off.

I think it'll still be around 220-230 total.

Just because Grid has stuff doesn't mean pCars will. The licensing agreements for this game will have mostly been done waaaay before Codemasters acquired SMS. And even then the licenses won't get shared between games necassarily. By the time you cut the Karts, RX cars, I imagine some of the older GT3/GTE (counted separately in PC2), and some other outdated modern race cars that can be replaced like for like (LMP2, LMP1, etc) you can easily drop nearly 40 cars off.

I think it'll still be around 220-230 total.

^this.

I think they will ditch old LMP1's (from vanilla game) and replace them with Spirit Of LeMans DLC's LMP1 2016. Also they can ditch those fictional cars. Like Formula A or even replace them with updated Formula A (with Halo ring etc) This will make a lot of new cars for the game.

I wonder if we are going to get Viper GT3 or GTE version.

Now this is a thread I really like :dopey:

I hope they include more Touring Cars (Calibra, C class, Omega, Laguna).

But I will just sit back and wait :)

And maybe @IanBell can drop more info from time to time in here :cheers:

Back