Project CARS 3 Car List

The car I used most in PC1 and PC2 was the Aston Martin DBR1/300 1959. The vintage GTC class gave me my best races with the Aston plus the Ferrari 250TR and 250GT - both online and offline. I really hope that class leading Historic content remains a feature of Project Cars in the next installment.

Mention of the Lotus 38 Indy Racer gives me hope that the other Classic Lotus models are still present - preferably added to with a Lotus 12 or 16 front engine Formula One Car - it was the presence of the Maserati front engine F1 cars that kept me going back to AC.

Some of the DLC in PC2 was exceptional - particularly the Historic Le Mans pack so I will be very interested to see both the car list and DLC plans for the new game.

I'm thinking about the 'upgrade to racecar' logic. This should confirm some other road cars.

Audi TT Cup - Audi TT-RS
Dodge Viper GT3? - Dodge Viper ACR
Porsche 935 2019 - Porsche 911 GT2 RS (the car that served as the base for the 935 revival)

I'm thinking about the 'upgrade to racecar' logic. This should confirm some other road cars.
If PC3 could have the Shift2 upgrade system that would be a dream come true. But I really don't believe we could see it in PC3. I think the upgrade system is going to look more like the one Forza has. Performance points(class) to put it simple.

Audi TT Cup - Audi TT-RS
Dodge Viper GT3? - Dodge Viper ACR
Porsche 935 2019 - Porsche 911 GT2 RS (the car that served as the base for the 935 revival)

i doubt that licenced race cars will be mods for roadcars.

If PC3 could have the Shift2 upgrade system that would be a dream come true. But I really don't believe we could see it in PC3. I think the upgrade system is going to look more like the one Forza has. Performance points(class) to put it simple.

I think it is likely similar to SHIFT 2 upgrade, you buy your tires and turbo upgrades then once it reach the eligbile PI you can do the conversion to a GT4 or GT3 or something.

i doubt that licenced race cars will be mods for roadcars.

I think it is possible to be a upgradeable spec to the base road car, The Crew 1 did something like that for quite a few cars. You buy a 12C then take it to the touring workshop and it upgrades it to 12C GT3, the car select screen call it "12C GT3" too.

I think it is possible to be a upgradeable spec to the base road car, The Crew 1 did something like that for quite a few cars. You buy a 12C then take it to the touring workshop and it upgrades it to 12C GT3, the car select screen call it "12C GT3" too.

i think it would be much more clearly described than 40 new cars. Also some of the brands probably won’t allow that ;)

but i think this could be possible for some of the cars

I think it is likely similar to SHIFT 2 upgrade, you buy your tires and turbo upgrades then once it reach the eligbile PI you can do the conversion to a GT4 or GT3 or something.
I want to believe it. But you know... licenses.

I wouldn't count on all the racecars being made available in roadcar form, but they're Slightly Mad™ if they haven't converted the likes of the BMW E30 M3 into a roadcar base for everyone to enjoy.

i think that is only symbolic. But we will see.

Yeah, could be.

But SMS did say you can upgrade your car into higher classes.

And if you can see fictional race cars in there, like the Dodge Challenger GT4 or GT3, it seems to point to an upgrade path of
road car --> faster road car --> race car

Why create a fictional AMG race-car when there's a real one that's, essentially, a road chassis prepared for racing?

Yeah, could be.

But SMS did say you can upgrade your car into higher classes.

And if you can see fictional race cars in there, like the Dodge Challenger GT4 or GT3, it seems to point to an upgrade path of
road car --> faster road car --> race car

Why create a fictional AMG race-car when there's a real one that's, essentially, a road chassis prepared for racing?

But then... What about Custom Race and those "upgraded" GT3 car listed on car selection? Will they add them as seperate cars? Then why they would not be counted as new cars? Maybe there will be both options. Every car that have real GT3 version will be upgradable but also you can buy straight GT3 version. But then i think they will count all that cars as seperate cars not one with many versions.

But then... What about Custom Race and those "upgraded" GT3 car listed on car selection? Will they add them as seperate cars? Then why they would not be counted as new cars? Maybe there will be both options. Every car that have real GT3 version will be upgradable but also you can buy straight GT3 version. But then i think they will count all that cars as seperate cars not one with many versions.

There are two ways to progress to a new class, according to SMS: either upgrade your way there, or buy your way there. So yeah, if you want to race in GT3 you can just buy the race car straight up or, like M-Sport does (for example), you can send them the road car you already own and ask them to convert it to race-spec. I think that's what they're going for.

There are two ways to progress to a new class, according to SMS: either upgrade your way there, or buy your way there. So yeah, if you want to race in GT3 you can just buy the race car straight up or, like M-Sport does (for example), you can send them the road car you already own and ask them to convert it to race-spec. I think that's what they're going for.

Probably yes. But then i think that all GT3/GTE cars will be counted as seperate ones on car list :)

I think those news about 40 new cars we will get 220 or so but with Karts/Rx/older models cuts. But GT3 and GTE cars are still "seperate cars" even if you can upgrade to this car.

Probably yes. But then i think that all GT3/GTE cars will be counted as seperate ones on car list :)

I think those news about 40 new cars we will get 220 or so but with Karts/Rx/older models cuts. But GT3 and GTE cars are still "seperate cars" even if you can upgrade to this car.

The issue is figuring out how they will count, which I'm curious too.

Well, I will be impressed with upgrade system, if eventually it could be something more than put wide body and spoiler. Want engineers department to build GT1 class machine, or LMP based on those road cars. Way to go SMS.

I think it will count each conversion as separate cars, I don't think we are getting that many cars if we are counting the variants like Aston Vantage GT12, Aston Vantage GT4, Aston Vantage GT3 and Aston Vantage GTE as 1 car.

I wouldn't count on all the racecars being made available in roadcar form, but they're Slightly Mad™ if they haven't converted the likes of the BMW E30 M3 into a roadcar base for everyone to enjoy.
That'd be my starting car. I'm thinking of a 2002 or the E30. In AC, there are three E30s. One is the DTM and another is the Group A car and the last is the road car. The Group A is detuned, a 5-speed and doesn't have any liveries. Yet, it has gold center BBS. :drool: If PC3 has the base and can be upgraded to the specs as I mentioned, happy days for me.

With the 2002. Hope I can use the Stanceworks suspension and flares, without the front bumper & splitter. Hate that part of that car.

@05XR8 -- My first car was an '85 318i. The E30 is an excellent car at any speed. The 2002 is also one of my go-tos in PCARS2.

Imagine if they actually stripped the 320 Turbo down to a 320, giving the poor middle-child E21 some more love. :)

I do wonder will we get road car variant of those cars, I remember SMS mention they have a library of car models back in pCARS1 WMD and the 190E first added into the backer build was a road car 190E Evo2. I remember similar thing happen to the R34 in pCARS 2 as well.

I think the cars like trackday b skyline or rocket bunny toyota or BMW 1M Stancework should be as upgrades ;)

@05XR8 -- My first car was an '85 318i. The E30 is an excellent car at any speed. The 2002 is also one of my go-tos in PCARS2.

Imagine if they actually stripped the 320 Turbo down to a 320, giving the poor middle-child E21 some more love. :)
Oh heeeeck yes! My brother had an '81 320i that he gave to me, until he took it to the junkyard(floor was rusted).:lol:
Seriously, I'm about to turn off GTSport and jump in that bad boy right now at Silverstone. 👍

Edit: I'm wondering if Volvo will be a new Make.

Last edited:
Pretty scarce on Mazdas last game. RX-8, RX-7 and NC MX-5 were in Shift 1. Unusual to not have the 787B in PC2.

I think they miss out 787B last time because the rest of the Group C was older, the 787B was racing against Mercedes C11 and Jaguar XJR-14. pCARS 2 got the older Mercedes C9 and Jaguar XJR-9.

I think they miss out 787B last time because the rest of the Group C was older, the 787B was racing against Mercedes C11 and Jaguar XJR-14. pCARS 2 got the older Mercedes C9 and Jaguar XJR-9.

On the other hand... they have put Diablo GT 1999 against Ferrari F40LM and older GTO cars... So i think there won't be a problem for them puttin newer 787B agaisnt older Group C cars :P

that was one of the really weird classes, I always think that the Diablo GTR and Mustang should be seprate classes but majority of the classes don't seem to have weirdly match cars.

that was one of the really weird classes, I always think that the Diablo GTR and Mustang should be seprate classes but majority of the classes don't seem to have weirdly match cars.

Touring Cars had older BMW against newer TCR cars + one or two were fictional based on real cars.

oh yea, that odd BMW in that class. The fictional A45 still fits the TCR class quite well along with the DLC Astra TCR but the Megane looks off since TCR rules wanted 4 door cars as minimum requirements.

oh yea, that odd BMW in that class. The fictional A45 still fits the TCR class quite well along with the DLC Astra TCR but the Megane looks off since TCR rules wanted 4 door cars as minimum requirements.

Yeah. But with GTO you are right.

I would prefet it to be... GT1/LeMans early 90's (F40LM, Nissan, Mclaren F1 GTR(shorttail) and maybe Lister Storm or Jaguar Xj220 or something) and GT1 as GT1 late 90's (MERCEDES CLK-GTR, Mclaren F1 Long Tail and Porsche 911 GT1 etc...)

I would love to have another GT1 based class with early 2000 cars. Murcielago R-GT, Ferrari F575, Saleen S7R :) But i doubt they will be added.

Back