Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
I still can't get evening to work on certain tracks, even choosing sunset/twilight and backing out.
Yeah, it's not a definite fix. It's a odd glitch indeed. When you do get it to work evening isn't that much different to dusk, sort of in between that and full night. (Which is why I think it's out of sequence in the pick list)

Does any one else noticed that headlights do not work in the Havana tunnels? They do in the Shanghai tunnels.

Last edited:
Quick question from a newb to the game, is there any way to move the tacho to centre bottom of the screen? It's not in my peripheral vision where it sits way off to the right so I find myself having to look over to it which isn't ideal for me.

Quick question from a newb to the game, is there any way to move the tacho to centre bottom of the screen? It's not in my peripheral vision where it sits way off to the right so I find myself having to look over to it which isn't ideal for me.
Unfortunately that is one of the things Project Cars 2 had that they removed... You can only switch the speedometer on/off in the settings.

Do you think SMS would help Reiza with console port? Makes sense to me and AMS2 would be successor to PC2... which is the only problematic part of it :D Their partnership looks solid and new games on PS5/XS would be great. Madness is still among the best tech.

I hope you don't mind @Konan but I've brought this quote over to a more appropriate thread.

[but I think it's safe to say that PCS uses hidden assists]

... Sigh...

I don't think so, some of you should refresh your memory by reading this blog. Even the (much argued) "no assists" is in there:

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/three/news/developer-blog-1/

And:

View attachment 995588

Straight from a dev:

View attachment 995590
To be honest I think this developer blog looks more like marketing spiel than anything else but one thing did pique my interest. I notice they mention the tyre model a lot, and I mean a lot and in one section there's mention of the three layers and what they do, but the thing that really got my attention was ''the heating of Flash layer is a primary tool for shaping our slip curves'''. Is it not possible that there's something a bit amiss in the shaping of the slip curves? Perhaps a little to forgiving? I mean, I'm no Lewis Hamilton, Sebastian Loeb or Ken Block but man can I catch a slide in this game.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm really loving the game so far, all except for the busting down blocks bit (but even that isn't as bad as I thought it would be) and a big part of what I like is the accessibility of this game but it does feel a little forgiving sometimes.

The bit from the developer blog;

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 21
Perhaps a little to forgiving?
I probably think that's fully intentional so that it makes the handling less edgy, a problem that some people had with PC2 when coming from other games. To have continued with the same model would alienate those people they are trying to attract. The problem is that those who want "sim" would prefer it more the way it was, harder to control if you will, but those who were put off by the previous handing don't know they can "catch a slide" more easily now until they try the game.

For what it's worth I don't care whether the handling is completely accurate to real life down to the Nth degree. I enjoy it as it is. It's plenty realistic enough, it can still be a challenge, yet still manages to have a fun, satisfying quality to it that, yes, does make it more accessible*.
* Which I still think is mainly down to the new tyre model rather than having "hidden assists". But let's not go there again.

Last edited:
I probably think that's fully intentional so that it makes the handling less edgy, a problem that some people had with PC2 when coming from other games. To have continued with the same model would alienate those people they are trying to attract. The problem is that those who want "sim" would prefer it more the way it was, harder to control if you will, but those who were put off by the previous handing don't know they can "catch a slide" more easily now until they try the game.
👍
For what it's worth I don't care whether the handling is completely accurate to real life down to the Nth degree. I enjoy it as it is. It's plenty realistic enough, it can still be a challenge, yet still manages to have a fun, satisfying quality to it that, yes, does make it more accessible*.
* Which I still think is mainly down to the new tyre model rather than having "hidden assists". But let's not go there again.
That's pretty much how I feel about the game... and I don't mind my new found hero status at catching a slide one little bit. :D

@twoskodas There have been very few who have tried the game who really dislike it. Of course some like the new approach more than others but overall the response is generally positive. Despite what others may claim. Some always shout louder. ;)
Yes I’ve read quite a few , lively debates,but I’m looking forward to giving it ago and will make my own mind up when I’ve had a chance to get into it,my angle on it is,as long as it’s fun it will fine,i have plenty of other titles for the full sim experience

So,I've been debating weather to give this game ago or ignore it forever,I have pc1 and pc2 and still enjoy them both and I was really torn what to do,having watched scaffs videos and trusting his opinions I've decided to chance it just for the fun factor and for 23 euro's there's nothing to lose
That's how it went for me too and the only regret I have is not waiting one more week to buy it! The week after I bought the standard edition on a sale they put the deluxe edition on sale :grumpy:;)

That's how it went for me too and the only regret I have is not waiting one more week to buy it! The week after I bought the standard edition on a sale they put the deluxe edition on sale :grumpy:;)
Still full price on Xbox,but found it at a steep discount on shop4u only 23 euros for standard edition,will wait for sale for the dlc if I get into it

Good description. :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah it gets very hot and heavy sometimes, dont want to get drawn into war with the keyboard warriors

Last edited:
This is interesting. It's not about finding the cheapest price. It's about if you like the game you supported the devs with more money. What I understood, you like the game so it's fine - more money to devs. Sims need much more support than casual ones.

This is interesting. It's not about finding the cheapest price. It's about if you like the game you supported the devs with more money. What I understood, you like the game so it's fine - more money to devs. Sims need much more support than casual ones.
Maybe for you, but I'm always after the best bang for my buck I can get and just because I like the game doesn't mean that point is irrelevant. It's not for you to say what's fine when it comes to my finances... and I doubt the devs get any more or less because the game's on sale anyway.

See my previous post:
$58AU for the deluxe edition... but $53AU for the season pass :crazy:
I have every right to feel a bit regretful for paying $40 one week prior and then having to pay the $53AU for the season pass (which I won't) when the whole game + season pass is only $58 now. These figures tells me the on-sale value of the season pass is possibly about $18, so that's about what I'll be willing to pay for it.

Edit: What makes you think the devs don't have more than enough money anyway... fair chance they've got way more than me!

Last edited:
Maybe for you, but I'm always after the best bang for my buck I can get and just because I like the game doesn't mean that point is irrelevant. It's not for you to say what's fine when it comes to my finances... and I doubt the devs get any more or less because the game's on sale anyway.

See my previous post:
I have every right to feel a bit regretful for paying $40 one week prior and then having to pay the $53AU for the season pass (which I won't) when the whole game + season pass is only $58 now. These figures tells me the on-sale value of the season pass is possibly about $18, so that's about what I'll be willing to pay for it.

Edit: What makes you think the devs don't have more than enough money anyway... fair chance they've got way more than me!
OK, no problem. I play games and support the devs (and everybody around them), that's how it works with small companies like many sim devs. More money means more money to them to develop even better game.

I doubt the devs get any more or less because the game's on sale anyway.
I think you're correct. The sales are down to Sony, the publisher and Devs, have little to no control of the pricing. I'm guessing that now the game has been on sale that maybe next month, or perhaps the following, the season pass might be on sale too. I remember for PC2 it was some time before its pass was reduced and I bought it. I like my bang for my buck as well. :)

you can still do that in PC3 with Crtl+K
I often use that to give the position a little tweak. Shame it doesn't save the view but it's still useful to have.

I'll post this image again since it might be useful.
project cars how to adjust view ps4.jpeg
[No Input]
Standard Mode:
Numpad 2,4,6,8: Look around (similar effect of using the right stick).

[Press Ctrl+k once] Speed sensitive depth of field switched off.
MODE 1:
Numpad 5: Reset
Numpad 8/2: Pitch Up/Down
Numpad 4/6: Yaw Left/Right
Q/E: Pan Left/Right
W/S: Pan Up/Down
A/D: Zoom In/Out
Numpad +/-: Adjust FOV

[Press Ctrl+k a second time]
MODE 2:
Numpad 5: Reset
Numpad +/-: Adjust FOV Faster
W/S: Move Forward/Backward
A/D: Move Left/Right
Z/C: Roll Left/Right

[Press Ctrl+k a third time]
Standard Mode: Speed sensitive DoF back on.

[NOTES]
-SHIFT key in combination with any of the above: slow down camera movement
-Numpad 5: reset to original settings for current camera
-Controls may be inverted based on camera orientation.
-This can be used while paused or while driving.
-Camera positions are saved for each individual view for the race, but are reset when leaving the race.

I think you're correct. The sales are down to Sony, the publisher and Devs, have little to no control of the pricing. I'm guessing that now the game has been on sale that maybe next month, or perhaps the following, the season pass might be on sale too. I remember for PC2 it was some time before its pass was reduced and I bought it. I like my bang for my buck as well. :)
I'll be keeping an eye out so if I see it I'll post and tag you... and I waited for a sale the same as you with PC2 season pass.:)

Back