Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
I am still surprised that you are the only one having serious issues with the control pad. It's still amazingly impressive that you can play hardcore sims, but not this dumpster fire Arcade game called by someone.

But, Scaff is the only one having issues with a steering wheel and imaginable input smoothing assists.

The game is not popular and some newcomers don't care about controls at all? PC3 is not arcade for sure (by physics perspective). My problem is with steering, you can't steer. It's a serious problem and you can solve it by disabling strange assists. That's the reason I retest the game after patch. Just my curiosity, I don't care about the game because it's not successor I would need. On the other hand it's very interesting to see "budget" AMS2. It's not perfect but it's WIP and maybe it's all you need as PC2 successor. I know SMS has great tech with all features but Reiza is probably better in building whole package. We'll see but currently I can play AMS1 and if I need something like PC experience, I can go with AMS2.

Assists are always problematic. It's easy to ask designer but it's not common in game world. Without it is's sometimes guessing. It's hard to separate everything correctly. After all, it's just opinion and everybody can test it on its own.

I am still surprised that you are the only one having serious issues with the control pad. It's still amazingly impressive that you can play hardcore sims, but not this dumpster fire Arcade game called by someone.

But, Scaff is the only one having issues with a steering wheel and imaginable input smoothing assists.

I have issues where on a controller it steers to the left no matter what controller I use, I've changed settings and no difference is had, other titles don't do it, when I decide to pull the Wheel out of the loft there's no pull to the left and by the way I'm as quick on a controller than I am on a wheel, I'm surprised it only took AK showing some videos for you to see past your wheel elitist attitude that people can still drive fast and understand how a car reacts and behaves with a controller, It's a change of mind set but I don't think you'd understand the process.

Scaff isn't the only one, another member here MagpieRacer has a video around Catalunya in Formula B where its auto correcting inputs despite having all assists off

With the tone you are carrying over to the GTPlanet and it's members I'd suggest you take a step back, take a breathe and enjoy the game before posting here, we don't need the same environment you've created on the official platforms over here thanks, You are actively looking to start an argument or pester members with your reference to Systems toxicity or the Smooth Operator video above, this is a poor show of form especially since you have experience as a moderator on another platform

The ingame cockpit wheel is supposed to countersteer with the direction of the slide. If you don't want that to happen you have to actively continue to steer in. (this is for gamepads)

I'm replying here to stop the misinformation. The gamepad has caster effects, when you see someone doing donuts, powersliding, or drifting, notice how the front wheel countersteer and steer into the slide.
This is what is required.

With a wheel, you will get the FFB to tell you to easy off on the steering and let the countersteer happen.
With a gamepad, if you know it is suppose to happen then you release the analog stick and it will begin countersteering. This will take some practice to understand the timing.

In both cases if you want to fight it and continue turning in you can.

With a wheel, you just ignore the FFB and keep the steering wheel turned in.
With a gamepad, you keep your thumbs on the analog stick turned in and it won't happen.

There are plenty of VERY fast guys using gamepads on the Rivals leaderboards, they are consistently there in the top 15 every day. I compete with them using a wheel, and I'm happy they can consistently drive well with a gamepad and be there every day. So gamepad users are very good at this once you practice it.

I didn't get it right away. I had to drive in cockpit mode and once I saw this was working to behave like caster, it clicked and I can drive in gamepad mode as if I used a wheel. I still prefer the wheel, but if I practiced enough with the gamepad my times can come close.

Last edited:
I agree with @AlexWilmot . There was no reason for the Scaff post @GTsimms.

We have been discussing, many times praising PC3, for the last week. Let's enjoy this wonderful game.

Edit : @AlexWilmot , was that video you posted, with a pad?

Edit 2: yes, pad with assists. That probably explains the "help".
Its XBox Pad with no Assists, all turned off except ABS:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...20-on-xb1-ps4-pc.383864/page-90#post-13211790

The assists are always on which is where this argument is coming from Scaff and Magpie have shown videos of it but some fanatics won't take it as true

Side Note, I play on a PS4

apps.22938.14286484990535778.44dbcf61-f632-4cdb-8b1f-1d91f036dd6c.0121a6a4-cd87-473b-9450-4e9aad53ff8d

apps.35141.14286484990535778.44dbcf61-f632-4cdb-8b1f-1d91f036dd6c.73645d3f-aa12-4618-8aba-b339b692d800

apps.50793.14286484990535778.44dbcf61-f632-4cdb-8b1f-1d91f036dd6c.a28ff864-3992-4327-b417-e15b89b2425b

apps.51901.14286484990535778.44dbcf61-f632-4cdb-8b1f-1d91f036dd6c.d8347200-8dc2-49b3-aea7-f349f94ac508

apps.50983.14286484990535778.44dbcf61-f632-4cdb-8b1f-1d91f036dd6c.4c267f76-1197-420e-9e81-96a38525013e

apps.41686.14286484990535778.44dbcf61-f632-4cdb-8b1f-1d91f036dd6c.4d988bee-e8ab-4e24-a2ee-bf4630a6d423

apps.12816.14286484990535778.44dbcf61-f632-4cdb-8b1f-1d91f036dd6c.21e98fde-1521-45e8-9c8d-5fe70a74d11c

it steers to the left no matter what controller I use, I've changed settings and no difference is had
Yeah it's very odd that. When I tried a pad I've noticed it as well, thinking initially it was was my ageing controller. Adding a dead zone of just 3 (or was it 4) cured it for me.

Nice pictures @neddyie118 👍

Those new cars are certainly tempting me to buy that season pass!

I agree with @AlexWilmot . There was no reason for the Scaff post @GTsimms.

We have been discussing, many times praising PC3, for the last week. Let's enjoy this wonderful game.

Edit : @AlexWilmot, was that video you posted, with a pad?

Edit 2: yes, pad with assists. That probably explains the "help".

But, there is no reason for Scaff to post untruthful claims of steering wheel smoothing assistance and then start backtracking on it. It like the smear campaign on SMS continues like another (ex: Potato thread) due to a hardcore community that is confused on ffb or in it or likes. I may be wrong for posting that video. But, Scaff as a mod should be able to give an apology, when he is 100% wrong about something.

Scaff called someone a lying bastard in one of his videos. But, will that person ever get an apology? Probably not, nor will Konan, nor I for posting stuff that we actually know. It's trying to discredit, but then it's called not discrediting someone? So, I have been called Mr. Realworld, mall cop, "Period, end stop." a discussion, and accused of lying about my patrol unit. But, the keyboard commanders continue to type away which I highly doubt they would ever say these things in person.

After the update (One X and Series S) I can confirm that PC3 is the greatest PS3 racing game of all time... :lol: Now seriously, I'm having fun running 8 lap races in the 8-figure new track. Framerates are mostly smooth with drops here and there in both consoles, with no screen tearing on the S and less of that in the One X. Reflections and detail have improved on the One X, and I feel the menus are faster and smoother overall.

Jesus. Christ.

How can people who are responsible for moderating communities continue to behave like this in other people's communities? How?

But, there is no reason for Scaff to post untruthful claims of steering wheel smoothing assistance and then start backtracking on it.
What backtracking? Last I saw, someone told @Scaff he was wrong because a dev told him he was. Haven't seen any backtracking...

... and this is from a different thread.

It like the smear campaign on SMS continues like another (ex: Potato thread) due to a hardcore community that is confused on ffb or in it or likes.
"Smear campaign"? Where?

This looks almost exactly like the time that you insisted that you were being silenced and shut down by people simply because they didn't agree with you, or posted negative things about the game in a general discussion thread, but in a different dress.

I may be wrong for posting that video. But, Scaff as a mod should be able to give an apology, when he is 100% wrong about something.
And doubtless will if that's the case. That remains unproven...

... and this is from a different thread.

Scaff called someone a lying bastard in one of his videos. But, will that person ever get an apology?
... and this is not even on this site. Go complain to YouTube.
Probably not, nor will Konan, nor I for posting stuff that we actually know. It's trying to discredit, but then it's called not discrediting someone? So, I have been called Mr. Realworld, mall cop, "Period, end stop." a discussion, and accused of lying about my patrol unit.
And this is you heading right back to the thing I already told you would terminate your membership here if you didn't either shut the hell up about it or stump up some evidence (by PM) that you are who you say you are. You spent three weeks dancing around this, constantly avoiding questions, or answering them with other questions before you got banned from the thread for a week, and yet here you are back with the tantric credential waving. Absolutely ridiculous.
But, the keyboard commanders continue to type away which I highly doubt they would ever say these things in person.
That one gets a massive lol (and anyone else who digs into your identity, thanks to your friend's unwise posting of a FB article, will likely join in).

People on GTPlanet want to talk about PC3 - good and bad. All we're getting from supposed community representatives from the official PC3 forum and Discord is constant, non-stop bitching at people who don't say good things, and this bizarre long-form passive-aggressive stupidity.

You're all bringing the terrible atmosphere from there to here. This is where it stops.

I had a race the other day and just look at all those names that appeared in the AI competition.
Project CARS 3_20210215231948.jpg

That guy in the 3rd spot kept yelling at me that "Mugello is all the short track you need". I tend to agree with him, although at times I like tracks with just a little extra it is still a very good circuit.

Since, GT is delayed. I noticed this game had DLC drop today. So is it any good?
Simple answer is, if you like GT you'll probably like PC3. It's very GT like in its approach. Loads of cars and loads of tracks. Online is there but not as populated as GT.

It's currently on sale in the PS store to, which helps. :)

Thank You
Having just recently purchased the game on this sale I'd agree with @IfAndOr's previous statement regarding his GT comparisons... it's definitely worth a shot.

So far I haven't done much of the career yet but it seems solid. I've been having a lot of fun with the rivals events and so far managed to Platinum three out of the four events I've had a go at so far... and I haven't had a go with my wheel yet. :mischievous:

Having just recently purchased the game on this sale I'd agree with @IfAndOr's previous statement regarding his GT comparisons... it's definitely worth a shot.

So far I haven't done much of the career yet but it seems solid. I've been having a lot of fun with the rivals events and so far managed to Platinum three out of the four events I've had a go at so far... and I haven't had a go with my wheel yet. :mischievous:

I does feel like a GT game of old. Before GT Sport. When I first got the game I played mostly Rivals, as this is where everyday there was a new track and new cars to drive. Of course you can always use custom event and drive any loan car without needing to buy it from career.

For me once I got to Road C and Road A is where I started appreciating the career mode. In the beginning you can get by without upgrades. As you progress the hot lap and pace setter events challenge your pace and consistency. The game started to feel like old GT Missions and license test. Once I hit a road block on the hot laps and pace setters I started tuning the cars and that's when PC3 really got good for me. I started take the JDM legend cars and upgrading them to promote into the next classes and see what kind of hot lap times they could do compared to the stock cars in their classes. At this point is when I paused playing Rivals and started completing the career mode and it was fun.

Power pack DLC cars are available :)

I tried the S15 race, the Nissan Z proto, and the AE86 race. SMS has done a really good job on the liveries. They are fantasy, but good fantasy liveries.

The race AE86 is really drift happy. The sounds of the blow off valve chirps away.

Ah back to work now :(

04BEA139-B780-4109-8114-4D73008DFDEF.png
Can a pace setter event count as one of the toughest video game bosses?
Yesterday I finally aced Road E Sekitto and I was reminded of what is truly good and great about a racing video game: The sense of accomplishment and just having fun while doing it! :gtpflag:

View attachment 994978 Can a pace setter event count as one of the toughest video game bosses?
Yesterday I finally aced Road E Sekitto and I was reminded of what is truly good and great about a racing video game: The sense of accomplishment and just having fun while doing it! :gtpflag:

it is a good feeling meeting the conditions for pace setter and hot lap. They get more challenging later in the game, wait until you have to do the Rabbits Ear event. That one took me many attempts and some good tuning.

Hot lap is the mini boss and Pace Setter is the big boss in this game LOL.
You should play the Rivals mode, it helps your pace as you get to chase down 3 ghost cars

Latest Posts

Back