Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
I have a feeling they will patch it to make it easier. Seems like most people think it’s too grindy.

They just need to give us more/better custom race options to be honest. You still gain XP and credits in custom race so better options there would make it feel lile less of a grind.

Haven't got PC3 yet but have a question for those who have.

The thing that I didn't like about PC1 and PC2 was having every car in the game available from the outset. So there was no sense of progression, no sense of getting rewards.

Is PC3 different? From some of the comments it appears to be. So how does the game start off and do you indeed collect cars as you go along and how does this happen?

The thing that I didn't like about PC1 and PC2 was having every car in the game available from the outset. So there was no sense of progression, no sense of getting rewards.

Is PC3 different? From some of the comments it appears to be. So how does the game start off and do you indeed collect cars as you go along and how does this happen?
In career you start with a single car and have to unlock, upgrade and buy new cars.

You can also play with any car in the custom events if you do feel inclined to screw around in a higher-tier one.

Anyone want to touch on the force feedback? I wonder how it is compared to gt sport/project cars 2

It's very close to PC2, but what they done with the tires shines through very well. I was surprised this morning!

I wouldn't leave tone at 50 and adjust strength.

Edit:adjust tone for over/understeer if needed.

Bathurst at twilight using the chase cam is really nice, even on my Xbox S.
I was surprised given I was getting lots of tearing in a previous race, set during the day using bumper cam.

It's very close to PC2, but what they done with the tires shines through very well. I was surprised this morning!

You wouldn’t leave tone at 50? If not, where would you put it then?

One other thing... (sorry for the double post)
To those who thought i had a screw loose when i used the Covid-19 argument for the "so called" bad advertising campaign:

Screenshot_20200825_215500_com.discord.jpg

Guys, I want to ask my question again, since I'm very interested and you might already know for sure. So, can I start career with something obscure race car, not road, 911 Carrera RSR or 924 for example? Or I totally must play it with road cars the game has to offer? On other side, can I grind for those cars I mentioned and keep playing career in those cars if it is possible to keep their performance level on a level of an even?

Guys, I want to ask my question again, since I'm very interested and you might already know for sure. So, can I start career with something obscure race car, not road, 911 Carrera RSR or 924 for example? Or I totally must play it with road cars the game has to offer? On other side, can I grind for those cars I mentioned and keep playing career in those cars if it is possible to keep their performance level on a level of an even?

You get three road cars to choose from when starting the career.
Race cars are too high up to fit in the first tiers...
So that would be a no.
As you advance in the career it should be possible to buy and keep a race car through the other tiers.

You get three road cars to choose from when starting the career.
Race cars are too high up to fit in the first tiers...
So that would be a no.
As you advance in the career it should be possible to buy and keep a race car through the other tiers.

So how far should I go with unappealing road cars to have cars I mentioned as my on go? They kinda not that super race cars. To be certain, can you please for comparison tell me performance ratings of 190E, Carrera RSR, and 924 and their tire in career?

So how far should I go with unappealing road cars to have cars I mentioned as my on go? They kinda not that super race cars. To be certain, can you please for comparison tell me performance ratings of 190E, Carrera RSR, and 924 and their tire in career?

I'm not playing right now but should be in an hour or so... I'll have a look then

Yup , already lower than Pcars 2 scores...same happens in metacritic.

It runs also worse on PS4 than Pcars 2 ,good game for 20 bucks, play career mode a bit , and shelf it to play an other game.

And that sms call it a pure SIM is taking the customer/community as dumbheads

Strange to see...that "god is a geek" reviews for the Pcars 2 was really bad and now it's arcady and with assisted pad implementation it's good for them and sms uses it as marketing :lol:

Anyone want to touch on the force feedback? I wonder how it is compared to gt sport/project cars 2

Related, what’s a good car/track combo to help me dial in my FFB?

I’ve just settled on my controller configuration and am starting to get going on the wheel.

Also, are the FFB sliders the same as the previous game? I didn’t play it but it would help when looking up some reference settings.

Yup , already lower than Pcars 2 scores...same happens in metacritic.

It runs also worse on PS4 than Pcars 2 ,good game for 20 bucks, play career mode a bit , and shelf it to play an other game.

And that sms call it a pure SIM is taking the customer/community as dumbheads

Strange to see...that "god is a geek" reviews for the Pcars 2 was really bad and now it's arcady and with assisted pad implementation it's good for them and sms uses it as marketing :lol:
Eurogamer is loving it too and we've all seen how those guys really can't drive. Surely they'll patch in the option to switch off opp lock asst?

Last edited by a moderator:
Related, what’s a good car/track combo to help me dial in my FFB?

I’ve just settled on my controller configuration and am starting to get going on the wheel.

Also, are the FFB sliders the same as the previous game? I didn’t play it but it would help when looking up some reference settings.

It seems about that way. I would use like 60 for a strength kind of like volume. I think I was around 60 to 62 when I was playing earlier.

T300

@Bloodytears the GT class is Tier 7.
You can grind to get there or unlock it with credits (32.500)
190E : R496 PIR
Carrera RSR : R458
924 : R494

For comparison, i'm in tier 1 and at the third event and have my Skyline at R294 with 127.258 credits so i could open the GT class and buy one of those cars.
Played about 3 hrs...

So far I'm really loving it. I ended up getting it on ps4pro. I love the driving feeling and the tire model though it feels definitely easier to drive than pc2 mostly imo with the weight transfer a bit on the light side and brakes a lot easier to manage. On the other hand all the cars I tested were all very fun to drive with each keeping their own characteristics. That's a big improvement over pc2 where many cars didnt feel good to drive -- zondas for instance didnt make any sense. I think when pushing the cars it is challenging and it feels better (physics, tyres) than GTS. The grip is excellent and sliding the cars makes sense. I also enjoy the graphics. It's cleaner than PC2 with less aliasing and more natural lighting nice depth of field effect. On the other hand the texture resolution on the environments is a bit on the low side. There can be some improvements made on the graphics side and optimizations though. Some screen tearing and some frame drops. But so far it's in a much better state than when PC2 released. I think at this point you dont expect a hardcode sim (tuning is on the light side) but it's incredibly fun to drive. Get rid of the racing music, some of the UI elements, the turn markers, and increase the car volume to 100 before you start. it is not full arcade. Nothing to do with Grid. tested on a Wheel t300 (force 35 - tone 65 - vibration - 30), ps4pro framerate mode 1080p.

*Sigh*

I hate to say this as I really enjoyed the previous 2 titles.. But so far, I'm really not impressed.

I'm gonna put it away for now and try again when I'm a little less tired.

But honestly it just left me more annoyed than anything else.. I hate these race games that go straight to career mode.

I want to go browsing first.

Disappointed.

It seems about that way. I would use like 60 for a strength kind of like volume. I think I was around 60 to 62 when I was playing earlier.

T300
Cool, that helps. Too late in the day to get on the wheel but I’ll give it a go tomorrow.

Any car/track will do, or should I get into something like a Formula Ford?

Back