Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
I think I kind of like money taking time to earn. I don’t like how often I get cars in GT/Forza. You don’t spend enough time with a car to get used to it and make it your own before jumping in a new one. Maybe it can be a bit quicker than it is now, but not too quick. Considering this is the first weekend, I think the progress is fast enough. I plan to play this for a while, so will eventually get most cars I would like.

The problem I have with it is it's kind of a "Been there, done that" for myself and many others. We've basically done what amounts to the Sunday Cup or its equivalent in games dating back to the 80s or 90s, a lot of us are a bit on in years, don't have time to grind like we used to and just want to get on with it in cars we actually want to drive. Which is what I liked about PC1 & 2 (and most PC games, really). To go from driving top end open wheel cars and prototypes to something like the GT86, again, can get a bit soul crushing, especially when you hear how long it's going to take someone with only a couple of hours for gaming a week to get to the next level.

And yes, i know you can apparently drive any car in PC3, when someone confirms a stock untuned car, even with the same performance rating can hang with a modified and tuned car I might believe attempting online with one could be a worthwhile venture. Maybe it is the case, but I sincerely doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome deal today - not!

Deal.jpg

Have any of you guys tried the Rivals portion of the game yet? How does that hold up?

They are 3 hotlaps online events (1 lap or 3 laps in same cases) , like superlaps in GTS but with 4 or 5 ghost drivers at the same time so kind like racing but it is only hotlaping, very funny and challenging, you are classified bronze, silver, gold or platinum by your results among the other riders in the world.

The first change every day, the second change every week and the third every month.

This week there is a new one with mustang gt4 at laguna seca, very challenging are it handles along every corner exactly the same as in ACC, iracing and GTS. With all aids off and abs off or on (anyway I prefer abs off). So it feels 100% sim at handling and physics.

Last edited:
And yes, i know you can apparently drive any car in PC3, when someone confirms a stock untuned car, even with the same performance rating can hang with a modified and tuned car I might believe attempting online with one could be a worthwhile venture. Maybe it is the case, but I sincerely doubt it.
I dunno, I’ve raced a bunch online today with untuned stock cars and generally came in top 3 or higher. Granted, you kind of need to pick a car with higher rating in its class to be competitive, but so far it seems possible, especially in the higher classes, where most cars are close to each other. Between rivals using different cars without upgrades, online using a variety of cars for scheduled events, and career allowing you to feel connected to specific cars I don’t feel like I’m not getting enough variety in my vehicles at all.

I dunno, I’ve raced a bunch online today with untuned stock cars and generally came in top 3 or higher. Granted, you kind of need to pick a car with higher rating in its class to be competitive, but so far it seems possible, especially in the higher classes, where most cars are close to each other. Between rivals using different cars without upgrades, online using a variety of cars for scheduled events, and career allowing you to feel connected to specific cars I don’t feel like I’m not getting enough variety in my vehicles at all.

Good to hear, used to things like the FM series where the whole system is so unbalanced it's ridiculous. One more worry of mine unticked at least, thanks for the feedback.

Good to hear, used to things like the FM series where the whole system is so unbalanced it's ridiculous. One more worry of mine unticked at least, thanks for the feedback.
Don’t get me wrong, system will not be perfect and eventually there will be some people who can “hack” it, but for now it’s looking pretty good. Worst case there are always custom lobbies and rivals events.

This week there is a new one with mustang gt4 at laguna seca, very challenging are it handles along every corner exactly the same as in ACC, iracing and GTS. With all aids off and abs off or on (anyway I prefer abs off). So it feels 100% sim at handling and physics.
Given that GTS and ACC handle very differently to each other, which one is it that PC3 handles like?

I feel like you have a very different PC3 to me if it feels 100% sim (odd as well that in aiming for 100% sim you are switching off TC and ABS in a car that runs them in reality and is quicker with them on in reality).

Last edited:
What’s the daily discount car for today and the price? I’m still at work but then I can get an idea how much farming is needed tonight.

Those credits and xp vary a lot, so many little awards that may be completed during a race that add additional xp and/or credits.

It also seemed that the credits for a race were higher as your level increases. I was getting about 50% more per race at lv10 as I was at lv3 for the same race.

That said given the price of the cars in the game it is pretty easy to earn enough to buy any of them any time you want.

It also seemed that the credits for a race were higher as your level increases.
That's what I also suspect. If you "farm XP" at a higher level you'll get far more rewards than if you do it in the beginning.

@Chikane_GTR, looks like 2,300 CR per minute, assuming a 45 minute event (counting loading screens, race setup etc.).

WTH?? I did a 20 lap race at indy and got 40k exp. Plus: during the race, the xp went down..in one lap from 15k to 8k. No incident...
What am I doing wrong? Rental car effecting xp?

So yeah this is what a custom 20 lap race in Indianapolis oval got me. :bowdown:
3KMfotz.jpg

Gonna try 40 laps to see if it'll hit 1m xp :lol:[/QUOTE

For the life of me, I can't get over how you guys don't touch the wall and lose points because I'm touching the wall left and right.

Proof it was 55 laps
0sVSWgt.jpg

1. We don't need a picture from a long-standing trustworthy member like you! If you say it, we believe it:cheers:

2. Do you do the 55 laps without taking a break?

3. Are you using a wheel or a controller?

Well, that's what I get from quoting a post on my cell phone while working

Given that GTS and ACC handle very differently to each other, which one is it that PC3 handles like?

I feel like you have a very different PC3 to me if it feels 100% sim (odd as well that in aiming for 100% sim you are switching off TC and ABS in a car that runs them in reality and is quicker with them on in reality).

When you drive at a good pace they handle very close all the tree.

When you drive with many big mistakes or not like you should they handles very different and ACC forgives less the big mistakes.

FFB is not handling... just in case someone mix FFB with handling... FFB is very different among the 3, handling not (if you drive well enough as I said).

I'm switching off ABS and TC because I like that way on ACC an on PCARS3, not because I want to be faster.

By the way, when you switch off ABS or TC in ACC that doesn't transform ACC in a arcade game.

Okay now the xp went up but the game crashed in lap 17 :banghead::banghead::banghead:

was at 55k after 17 clean laps, so around 100k for the 30 laps race, still nowhere near your values. Does number of opponents matter? Anything else? Maybe the lvl factor is that big cause I’m only lvl 7?

When you drive at a good pace thet handles very close the tree.

When you drive with many big mistakes or not like you should they handles very different and ACC forgives less the big mistakes.

FFB is not handling... just in case someone mix FFB with handling... FFB is very different among the 3, handling not (if you drive well enough as I said).

I'm switching off ABS and TC because I like that way, not because I want to be faster.

By the way, when you switch off ABS or TC in ACC that doesn't transform ACC in a arcade game.
Handling and FFB are very different across the three, and I didn’t mix the two up at all, nor can you just remove over the limit behaviour from a comparison, nor did I suggest that switching off driver aids make ACC is do way arcade.

You’ve basically just undone your own argument quite well however.

Latest Posts

Back