Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
But not at the same level obviously.

I don't know why you put in my mouth things that I never said, again not at the same level
Yet your claim is demonstrably not true, put all the aids on ACC and it’s the same as the real car, as it offers no aids other than those the actual car has. That doesn’t become arcade, your words, so no I’m not putting words in your mouth. Rather you are shifting the goal posts.

I do notice however that in being unable to address the point on input smoothing you have simply attempted to deflect to an unrelated and inaccurate claim.

Yet your claim is demonstrably not true, put all the aids on ACC and it’s the same as the real car, as it offers no aids other than those the actual car has. That doesn’t become arcade, your words, so no I’m not putting words in your mouth. Rather you are shifting the goal posts.

My words were ALL AIDS ON, not only the same as the real car.

You are lost in the important nuances.

My words were ALL AIDS ON, not only the same as the real car.

You are lost in the important nuances.
Nuance you never provided in your original claim, hence you have moved the goal posts.

Is there any chance that you guys might take your argument private?
It’s not breaking the AUP and it’s discussing the title this thread is about.

Because you add things I've never said, that changes the original precise claim.
It really doesn’t, now please address the actual point rather than engaging in constant deflection.

How about trying this, take any car and using a h-pattern shifter change down from max revs in forth to first.

Let me know what happens and why it is it isn’t accurate, repeat the same in AC and PC2.

It really doesn’t, now please address the actual point rather than engaging in constant deflection.

How about trying this, take any car and using a h-pattern shifter change down from max revs in forth to first.

Let me know what happens and why it is it isn’t accurate, repeat the same in AC and PC2.

My claim was about a GT3 car, stop deflecting my claims with another cars with H-pattern shifter.

The Indy is definitely bugged. 3 different races. Same setting. All 20 laps. Clean race in all cases.
First race 600k exp, second 800k and third 60k exp. Except for the last race I saw the xp incase by a lot during the race. Sometimes for 150k others for 400k. Definitely a bug.
Gonna try a 99 lap race around Indy later :lol:

Last edited:
That was later. You open the door adding words I've never said as I proved before.
Either way you opened up wider comparison, I can see however that you have zero interest in having a discussion as an honest broker (not for the first time).

Just checked 2.28am is earlier than 4pm! You might want to check your own posting history.

Either way you opened up wider comparison, I can see however that you have zero interest in having a discussion as an honest broker (not for the first time).

Your "honest" view of things is adding things that I've never said (not for the first time)

It’s not breaking the AUP and it’s discussing the title this thread is about.

But your discussion is adding 2 pages of posts in between unrelated, drowning everybody else out :P

Ske
Anyone else having major issues with straight line stability, to the point of oscillation?
Almost like the wheel (T300 in my case) is hyper-sensitive around the center.

I'm running quite high FFB settings to try and get some feel out of it...

Found a fix, sort of. Extreme tyre pressures (max front, min rear) made the car handle much much better - to the point it actually felt quite decent

Handling feel and handling differences among cars and among sims have to do a lot with personnal driving style too. In my case I'm rather smooth so I don't make too many or big steering corrections that can have implications with the input smooth subject.

Maybe a more agressive driver than me can disagree more with my position about pcars3 and driving gt3 cars in it like in other sims.

Last edited:
The Indy is definitely bugged. 3 different races. Same setting. All 20 laps. Clean race in all cases.
First race 600k exp, second 800k and third 60k exp. Except for the last race I saw the xp incase by a lot during the race. Sometimes for 150k others for 400k. Definitely a bug.

After trying the race multiple times with multiple rewards, I think I can explain the variance; the XP counter takes into account XP milestones you may have hit during the race. You may notice sometimes the figure increases drastically even though you didn't do anything on track so you may have unlocked the "master x number of corners" milestone in one of the races, for example. It might also be something to do with vehicle level.

After trying the race multiple times with multiple rewards, I think I can explain the variance; the XP counter takes into account XP milestones you may have hit during the race. You may notice sometimes the figure increases drastically even though you didn't do anything on track so you may have unlocked the "master x number of corners" milestone in one of the races, for example. It might also be something to do with vehicle level.
Gonna do that 55 lap race again later to test your theory out cause that would mean that those milestone are done so i shouldn't get the xp from them again.

In fact gonna do it now same car same setup i'll report back soon. :)

@Konan

@PJTierney

Could you explain this XP jump?

This is how i got to that 2.2m in 55 laps

Supersampling mode is off on my ps4 pro, my tv doesn't even supported since is 4k

You have your track map off. Turn on your track map. On the bottom left and right you have "objectives". Perfect Corners and Best Line. Get all the corners and 100% best line and your XP jumps.
I believe that's whee the jump in XP is coming from.

Last edited:
Very nice fix for PC.

Also for PC players, someone on discord has found how to alter seating position. Hit control + k and then use the numpad to alter the seating position.

That`s worked since project cars the first one, ive been doing that on consoles for the first two games...

Ok little jumps through out till lap 53 where xp was 854k and it jump to over 1.788.000 on lap 54 and i finished with
KbdzXYD.jpg

Also my in-game money is passed 100,000,000 :lol:

:gtpflag::cheers:

@Beezer215 I don't need a map to master the corners on that track by the second lap i already have them master. :)

Ufff nice. I tried again, and after the game has crashed in lap 17 in the previous race, it now crashed in lap 18 :/ needed a hard reboot on my pc both times. Doing 5 lap races now...

Back