Project CARS 3 Launches to Mixed Reviews

Using only PCars 2 content you could create all of this things.

More over if combined with GRID's Autosport motorsports (Open Wheel, Endurance, Touring Car, Tuner and Street) you could create this kind of ending season great event for each type. And it was in PCars 2 already... just not structured... Sad very sad. SMS should take this route not Shift one. I hope Codemasters will see potential in Racedriver GRID and give it proper funds and time to make a real successor.

Oh...and also... it HAD the best Drift Mode in my opinion i never liked Drift any more than this one.

The main issues that I had in PCARS2 on ps4 pro was wheel lag and exagerated hard/sharp bouncing physics.

This two things are gone on PCARS3 so I think is better for me than PCARS2, this time I want it on pc for VR in oculus. I have doubts about to buy pcars2 or 3, but I don't want the issues on pcars2+ps4 again.

It's not what you can do in a game or in both, for me is more important "how"

This two things are gone on PCARS3 so I think is better for me than PCARS2, this time I want it on pc for VR in oculus. I have doubts about to buy pcars2 or 3
You can get a PC2 Steam key for about 8 EUR from a reseller so it won't break the bank to just get it and try. I think most folks running PC2 in VR on PC are quite happy about it (but better ask some of the real experienced folks about this in detail).

You can get a PC2 Steam key for about 8 EUR from a reseller so it won't break the bank to just get it and try. I think most folks running PC2 in VR on PC are quite happy about it (but better ask some of the real experienced folks about this in detail).

I also heard that there is nice custom FFB files for PCars 2 on PC which improves this game A LOT. Unfortunately we didn't get option to set this FFB on consoles just like in PCars 1

My thoughts:this is a ps4 game? Gran Turismo 2 has better handling,a game made 20 fricking years ago,yes it may LOOK like a ps4 game but it's handling has more plastic than a McDonalds cheese burger,I really don't know why I bothered.

My thoughts:this is a ps4 game? Gran Turismo 2 has better handling,a game made 20 fricking years ago,yes it may LOOK like a ps4 game but it's handling has more plastic than a McDonalds cheese burger,I really don't know why I bothered.
Ah, that must be what they mean by “fun” handling.

It's not like I was expecting the world either,I came on here to see what people thought first,a bit frustrated going all in with this one.
Feel bad for you, it doesn’t look to be a game aimed at owners of either of the previous games, which is terrible strategy given its name.

Oh I can tell you PC2 is 200% better.👍 Even grid is better handling wise.
That must have been a typo when Ian bell said pc3 was 200% better than pc2, he meant 200% worse!

I’ve seen others say playing pc3 has just made them appreciate pc2 all the more.
It’s just an insult that they charge a full AAA price for the game though.

That must have been a typo when Ian bell said pc3 was 200% better than pc2, he meant 200% worse!

I’ve seen others say playing pc3 has just made them appreciate pc2 all the more.
It’s just an insult that they charge a full AAA price for the game though.
Absolutely,actually it's made me want to go back to Grid,which apart from the lack of content I had no real problem with.

Last edited:
Tried the game on a friend's house, one of these you know who cannot control himself when consuming stuff, like buying expensive videogames day one without even having the requiered and dedicated patience to wait some days and see what the people say, and it was like this:

Played the corvette introduction race, all assists and track marker stuff off. Terrible handling and feeling of the car on a pad. Continued to road e and bought the Lancer. Very esterile handling and physics, not even up to Driveclub's standards during its first year of life before the infamous november 2015 patch that dumbed down the original arcade handling model, making all cars feel similar. In pc3 is the same. Everything feels like plastic and no personality, as well as the handling on the pad not being that good as many still say. Played a couple of races more with other cars on other tracks. Same feeling. No personality no nothing, feels like empty.

I was just thinking before playing it dfor the first time. "Well, at least it will be like an updated version of Driveclub on racing tracks". Well, all those of you who were thinking the same forget about that. It doesn't feel like Driveclub too, as there's no personality no depth no nothing under the handling model and physics.

No way I'm purchasing this game. It has also btw reminded me how much i truly desired a true evolution to pc2, but on the new generation of course.

Saved sixty euros. Well I never buy games during the first week until I've tried it one way or another cause I am no fool. Still, I feel a strong feeling of disappointment because of how pc3 has ended up shaping, as I was expecting the game to be fun at least..., and it is not.

Goodbye project cars. It was a fun ride while it lasted, and next time if you want to be like Driveclub, then at least try to be better than the said game. Would have loved that, but..., couldn't be it seems.

It's amazing what 300 plus of the best developers in world can do with a mere £100 million budget.Hardly fair comparison there....
Perfectly valid comparison actually since they charge full price for it. You can ONLY compare on that basis. If it was a budget title on the other hand...

I honestly really want to know when Driveclub suddenly became this legendary arcade racer to which all other arcade racing games this generation must be held up to for comparison. I remember everyone hating it when it first came out and now that it's offline everybody suddenly loves it now and gets nostalgic whenever you mention the name. In my opinion that game had barely anything to do, the online portion was under-baked and the handling model was atrocious (especially on turn-in). The only good thing Driveclub had going for it were the sounds and visuals, which were admittedly really amazing, but it was nowhere near enough to justify keeping it on the hard drive for more than a month at a time.

You're probably wondering why I just reviewed Driveclub in a thread about PC3, I'm honestly not sure why myself. I guess seeing people have fond memories of it just annoys me or something. Or maybe it just makes me wonder how people will see this game in four or five year's time. Driveclub seems to have aged really gracefully in most people's eyes for some reason even though it was on blast when it first came out.

In my opinion that game had barely anything to do, the online portion was under-baked and the handling model was atrocious (especially on turn-in).
I thought it was okay, but it basically drives like a PGR game with a dash of awkwardness and stiff control. It is interesting; all these comments critical of PCARS3's physics that then turn around and praise handling models I don't care for -- the Grid franchise, Forza, Driveclub -- suggest to me that I'm going to enjoy PCARS3 just fine.

I'm trying to bite my tongue here and wait out until my birthday, because I have words about the sarcastic video's take on AWD handling, as someone who shares the credential of nine years experience with AWD daily drivers. :P In a nutshell, his take on how the Evo VI TME should handle versus the clips he provided seems...clueless.

What a shame. The game is basically Shift 3, and had it come out in 2014 it probably would have been considered pretty good.

In 2020 there are so many games that do the simcade driving better, that look better, sound better, and are a more engaging gameplay experience that I'm not sure why anyone would want to buy this. pCARS 2 is a better game, because it at least has some aspects where it's unique and excellent.

I thought it was okay, but it basically drives like a PGR game with a dash of awkwardness and stiff control. It is interesting; all these comments critical of PCARS3's physics that then turn around and praise handling models I don't care for -- the Grid franchise, Forza, Driveclub -- suggest to me that I'm going to enjoy PCARS3 just fine.

I'm trying to bite my tongue here and wait out until my birthday, because I have words about the sarcastic video's take on AWD handling, as someone who shares the credential of nine years experience with AWD daily drivers. :P In a nutshell, his take on how the Evo VI TME should handle versus the clips he provided seems...clueless.

I was thinking the same. Here are a bunch of people tearing into PC3's handling model and praising all these other arcade racers I've never gotten a feel for in my time playing them, so I think when I buy PC3 I'll like it just fine. Probably will wait for the price to go down, but I'll get around to it eventually.

Yeah, I watched that 20-minute sarcastic review too and kind of rolled my eyes. I think I would have just preferred a regular review to be honest. The sarcasm got old after five minutes. Like I understand the guy who wrote it was probably burned pretty bad by the transition PC3 made, but I don't think I have anywhere near the energy to commit that much effort into a hit-piece over something I don't enjoy. I usually just ignore things I don't like anyhoot. There was one part of the video where he was being sarcastic about the impact of curbs (I think) but he drove over one and it seemed to upset the road car he was driving a fair amount. Maybe that was just me but it seemed kind of silly.

I honestly really want to know when Driveclub suddenly became this legendary arcade racer to which all other arcade racing games this generation must be held up to for comparison. I remember everyone hating it when it first came out and now that it's offline everybody suddenly loves it now and gets nostalgic whenever you mention the name. In my opinion that game had barely anything to do, the online portion was under-baked and the handling model was atrocious (especially on turn-in). The only good thing Driveclub had going for it were the sounds and visuals, which were admittedly really amazing, but it was nowhere near enough to justify keeping it on the hard drive for more than a month at a time.

You're probably wondering why I just reviewed Driveclub in a thread about PC3, I'm honestly not sure why myself. I guess seeing people have fond memories of it just annoys me or something. Or maybe it just makes me wonder how people will see this game in four or five year's time. Driveclub seems to have aged really gracefully in most people's eyes for some reason even though it was on blast when it first came out.
The blasting that DC took at launch was mainly around connection and server issues, rather than any fundamental issue with the title and how it handles.

Part of the mythology of the title is in part due to the work the dev team put into fixing every issue raised with it, they went above and beyond in that regard.

Personally, I am one of those who utterly loved DC.

I loved and still do love driveclub...I as well consider it one of the best. That is is game I will not get rid of/delete. It’s just has all the right ingredients that come together to make a solid experience. Between the audio, the visuals, the varied excellent weather, good replays, exciting handling and cockpit...just top notch. Look hey I get it if people don’t like it I think pcars 2 was boring as hell and tons of people love it lol.

I would have enjoyed Driveclub more if it had more classics like the Diablo, F40, F1 LM, and R34 GT-R, and some more tighter tracks. It felt like an oldschool Need for Speed game to me, but the car list threw that off.

When you realise that Gran Turismo 4 is more realistic than Project Cars 3... It's pathetic. OK look I know NFS doesn't have tyre wear and fuel consumption but it's a completely different game with a different focus. You can live with it. Project Cars was never intended to be an arcade game, but here we are... What a great way to ruin your reputation. You can't expect people to live with this change under the same guise as the first two games. It's sad that a 15 year old game is can provide more strategic elements than Project Cars 3. When I did the Laguna Seca 200 on Wednesday in GT4, I had to manage the tyres and make pitstops. This will never happen in Project Cars 3. Shame.

I'm no racing expert but Project Cars 3 handling physics is spot on imo. I never liked the handling physics in Grid , DC, I found them both unpredictable. Gt sport and Forza physics boring imo.. Pc3 is a little toned down from 2 but its perfect imo for the game it is Pc Shift 3 which I love it. Not to much grip but not spinning out to easy either. AI needs work and a few frame rate problems but it's the most fun I've had in a track racer since Shift 2. Simcade done well.

Reading the entire thread makes me feel bad about Project Cars 3. Even an upcoming driving adventure game Road To Guangdong had full car simulation game than this.

The blasting that DC took at launch was mainly around connection and server issues, rather than any fundamental issue with the title and how it handles.

Part of the mythology of the title is in part due to the work the dev team put into fixing every issue raised with it, they went above and beyond in that regard.

Personally, I am one of those who utterly loved DC.

This makes me sad... I still think that Driveclub 2 would be amazing especially with now Porsche License is open for everybody. Such a great title. Too bad Sony killed of Evolution studios.

Back