Project CARS 3 Launches to Mixed Reviews

The blasting that DC took at launch was mainly around connection and server issues, rather than any fundamental issue with the title and how it handles.

Part of the mythology of the title is in part due to the work the dev team put into fixing every issue raised with it, they went above and beyond in that regard.

Personally, I am one of those who utterly loved DC.

as I’ve said many times on here, in my eyes it’s STILL PS4’s greatest racer and was absolutely gutted when Evo studios got shut down

I liked DRIVECLUB (I didn't start playing it until early 2016); didn't have long-lasting appeal for me but I got my Platinum and enjoyed those 20 or so hours with it.

GT Sport
for me is on a whole other level though, arguably the best racing game of the generation (along with F1 2020 and Forza Horizon 3).

I liked DRIVECLUB (I didn't start playing it until early 2016); didn't have long-lasting appeal for me but I got my Platinum and enjoyed those 20 or so hours with it.

GT Sport
for me is on a whole other level though, arguably the best racing game of the generation (along with F1 2020 and Forza Horizon 3).
I used to be a big fan of GT series, but I may be done with it for good. After experiencing pCARS and AC, GT just feels so sterile. I’m not a big fan of Forza, but even that to me feels way more alive compared to GT Sport. I really wish they would change, but I think the way GT drives is part of its ideology, so doubt that it will be any different even on PS5.

I used to be a big fan of GT series, but I may be done with it for good. After experiencing pCARS and AC, GT just feels so sterile. I’m not a big fan of Forza, but even that to me feels way more alive compared to GT Sport. I really wish they would change, but I think the way GT drives is part of its ideology, so doubt that it will be any different even on PS5.

GTS lacks a little in forcefeedback, especially under braking and in straight-line-bumps.

But, at least for me, GTS is huge in deep sensations while cornering (along the 3 phases of every corner), and when you push looking for the limit (and SWEATING) in every car is amazing how rewarding it is. I feel connected and pushing the car like real cars on track (very close to everytime I was on track in real life).

People use to feel connection with a sim with the forcefeedback, I have almost every "sim" on pc and PS4 and I've talked a lot with each sim fans.
But for me the most important is physics and handling nuances. GTS needs some, or a lot of mental abstraction (because we trend to follow the force feed back sensations instead of physics).

Hopefully GT7 brings a better forcefeedback and other improvements.
PCARS3 seems to be a little lacking in FFB area too... I'm downloading it and I'll play it in a few hours :cheers: I hope it will be fun.

Last edited:
GTS lacks a little in forcefeedback, especially under braking and in straight-line-bumps.

But, at least for me, GTS is huge in deep sensations while cornering (along the 3 phases of every corner), and when you push looking for the limit in every car is amazing how rewarding it is. I feel connected and pushing the car like real cars on track (very close to everytime I was on track in real life).

People use to feel connection with a sim with the forcefeedback, I have almost every "sim" on pc and PS4 and I've talked a lot with each sim fans.
But for me the most important is physics and handling nuances. GTS needs some, or a lot of mental abstraction (because we trend to follow the force feed back sensations instead of physics).

PCARS3 seems to be a little lacking in FFB area too... I'm downloading it and I'll play it in a few hours :cheers: I hope it will be fun.

I also love driving model in GTS... Makes mi hyped for GT7.

But, at least for me, GTS is huge in deep sensations while cornering (along the 3 phases of every corner), and when you push looking for the limit in every car is amazing how rewarding it is. I feel connected and pushing the car like real cars on track (very close to everytime I was on track in real life).

Interesting. Sounds like it could be my issue then since many people seem to like GTS. I have to say, I don’t have a PS4 compatible wheel, so I use a controller. Could be my settings then. Any good tips on what controller settings to use by any chance? Sorry, this is getting off topic quickly...

Interesting. Sounds like it could be my issue then since many people seem to like GTS. I have to say, I don’t have a PS4 compatible wheel, so I use a controller. Could be my settings then. Any good tips on what controller settings to use by any chance? Sorry, this is getting off topic quickly...

If you are using controller then yes. I fully understand you. This game just shines on a racing wheel.

Its really not, GTS is still a rather simple physics model with quite a few issues and is way off the likes of PC, PC2, AC and ACC.

Last edited:

GT Sport
Did you just say GT Sport is the best racing game of the generation? Brah,come on. Are you serious? :lol::lol::lol:

Did you just say GT Sport is the best racing game of the generation? Brah,come on. Are you serious? :lol::lol::lol:
I have said this (both internally at Codemasters and as a personal opinion on social) numerous times, but in terms of overall philosophy, GT Sport is one of the most "important" racing games of the past decade in terms of what it aims to accomplish.

There are things it does that every racing game should do in my opinion, such as the heavy focus on driver education and encouraging people to play well. Many games do pretty cars and tracks, nice handling and fun gameplay experiences, but in terms of racing games that actively encourage you to be a better driver, very few exist and have all of the tools necessary to deliver on that promise. GT Sport is (for the most part) one of them.

I have said this (both internally at Codemasters and as a personal opinion on social) numerous times, but in terms of overall philosophy, GT Sport is one of the most "important" racing games of the past decade in terms of what it aims to accomplish.

There are things it does that every racing game should do in my opinion, such as the heavy focus on driver education and encouraging people to play well. Many games do pretty cars and tracks, nice handling and fun gameplay experiences, but in terms of racing games that actively encourage you to be a better driver, very few exist and have all of the tools necessary to deliver on that promise. GT Sport is (for the most part) one of them.

I can agree with this.

GT Sport is special one... It is great racing game but it isn't good Gran Turismo game. Lets hope GT7 will be both great racing game and GT game ;)

I agree, for consoles, but most of those tools have been borrowed from iRacing.

Driveclub has been best ps4 racer by far, specially before november '16 infamous patch, when the handling took another and completely unnecesary harmful casual push, which among other things killed each car personality regarding every handling aspect personality to most of them, as well as all those little bit aspects of the game that made it so fun and that indeed requiered a little bit of skil, like having to be careful with the throttle when you touched the grass; be careful when hammering the throttle with specially powerful cars; etc. Driveclub before that infamous update was indeed as fun and "deep" as pgr4, but on its own style. After that it kinda became as plane and sterile as PC3 feels to me now.

When that damned patch was applied they wattered down the arcade handling, and had to wait for the hardcore model. However, this last one is better played on a wheel, not the controller which is where Driveclub shinned.

That's my problem with PC3. Look, I wanted it to be more like Driveclub, but that inevitably meant to be based more on countryside racing which is what also spices this way of life and racing with factory cars. And of course, to have a better handling than DC prior november '16 patch on the arcade handling. None of these two requierements have been met.

Too bad. Looking forward to seeing more ams2 progress on the sim department. For arcady racing style, I want to dream with another driveclub on the ps5...; maybe the return of Gotham series for xbox?, I doubt that with Microsoft and their Forza, as well as now Sony with them GT and after having killed Evolution. They cannot be trusted anymore, none of the two.

BTW, when you fire dirt rally 2, pc3 is advertised before launching main menu. How cute of them

Last edited:

Should I show you th

Should I show you this thread?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/penalty-system-is-still-a-piece-of.378725/

That thread is full of people racing often bad, complaining about people racing as bad (not always) and taking the penalty system as a justice system instead of a consequence system (in real life neither collisions, collisions consequences nor FIA real penalties are based in a justice system, but in a consequence system).

Most people in that thread always arguing only : "look ! that wasn't my fault !"... "I was 3rd and a driver crashed me and I finished 5th ! So unfair !!!"

Sorry but neither the innocent drivers in theese crashes were their faults :

You get a collision even if it's not your fault, stop complaining and asume damage or time consequences... even if the guilty has no penalty in real life that's occurs very frequently. As Hamilton vs Albon in 2019 Interlagos, even with a FIA penalty, the worst part was for the innocent : Albon the last (instead of 3rd), Hamilton 4th (instead of 3rd).

That happens in GTS, in iRacing, in ACC, in AC, in PCARS2, in PCARS3 ... and in real life racing with worse consequences and less complaints.

Last edited:
That thread is full of people racing often bad, complaining about people racing as bad (not always) and taking the penalty system as a justice system instead of a consequence system (in real life neither collisions, collisions consequences nor FIA real penalties are based in a justice system, but in a consequence system).

Most people in that thread always arguing only : "look ! that wasn't my fault !"... "I was 3rd and a driver crashed me and I finished 5th ! So unfair !!!"

Sorry but neither the innocent drivers in theese crashes were their faults :

You get a collision even if it's not your fault, stop complaining and asume damage or time consequences... even if the guilty has no penalty in real life that's occurs very frequently. As Hamilton vs Albon in 2019 Interlagos, even with a FIA penalty, the worst part was for the innocent : Albon the last, Hamilton 4th.

That happens in GTS, in iRacing, in ACC, in AC ... and in real life racing with worse consequences and less complaints.

So your telling me 174 pages of complaints is what. Hmm let me check the Iracing,AC,ACC and Project Cars threads about this problem you talk of in other games.Yep nothing to report about that in those forums.

So your telling me 174 pages of complaints is what. Hmm let me check the Iracing,AC,ACC and Project Cars threads about this problem you talk of in other games.Yep nothing to report about that in those forums.

Yes, 174 pages most of them from 5 or 6 users daily complaining about the same thing again and again...

Yes, 174 pages most of them from 5 or 6 users daily complaining about the same thing again and again...
Do you see 1,2,3 or more pages complaining about other games penalty system? Let me answer that for you, no,no, no and no.GT Sport is terrible. I've played every GT game and defended Polyphony for years. Not any more. I've been playing racing games for over 25 years probably more. From Grand Prix Legends to IRacing. PD and SMS have gone in the tank. Sorry to say I will never support them again.

Do you see 1,2,3 or more pages complaining about other games penalty system? GT Sport is terrible. I've played every GT game and defended Polyphony for years. Not any more. I've been playing racing games for over 25 years probably more. From Grand Prix Legends to IRacing. PD and SMS have gone in the tank. Sorry to say I will never support them again.

Ok. I don't care. Thank you.

G̶T̶ ̶S̶p̶o̶r̶t̶
Dirt Rally 2.0 for me is on a whole other level though, arguably the best racing game of the generation thanks to the Rallycross (along with F1 2020 and Forza Horizon 3).

You're welcome.

Do you see 1,2,3 or more pages complaining about other games penalty system? Let me answer that for you, no,no, no and no.GT Sport is terrible. I've played every GT game and defended Polyphony for years. Not any more. I've been playing racing games for over 25 years probably more. From Grand Prix Legends to IRacing. PD and SMS have gone in the tank. Sorry to say I will never support them again.
Yet you've only driven 30km in GT Sport... 0 online races...

"but judging by everyone's reaction in thread I don't need to play it" I hear you say...

Play it before you start on your rant

Yet you've only driven 30km in GT Sport... 0 online races...

"but judging by everyone's reaction in thread I don't need to play it" I hear you say...

Play it before you start on your rant
I played it once. Garbage physics,garbage handling,terrible AI,terrible tuning that actually makes no common sense. Should I continue. I dont even own the game,so I don't know how you assume I played it. At my brothers perhaps,not on my PS4. Anyhow this conversation is for another forum. No need to derail this.

I played it once. Garbage physics,garbage handling,terrible AI,terrible tuning that actually makes no common sense. Should I continue. I dont even own the game,so I don't know how you assume I played it. At my brothers perhaps,not on my PS4.

Your profile on here shows your psn, I looked at kudos prime and saw your stats,

Additionally then if you claim you never played it, slating it is even more ridiculous, my safety and driver ratings been pretty good in GT Sport and haven't had to complain in a thread like you mentioned

I have ACC and there still massive accidents like the guys have talked about in that thread,

It's not the game it's the people who play it, whether they're in iRacing, ACC, GT Sport whatever game there'll be issues like what thread talks about, a penalty system can contribute to it but won't be the be all and end all problem

You seem to have sort of vendetta towards GT Sport in a Project Cars forum, maybe leave the posting and go for a walk so others can talk about Project Cars here

Last edited:
This makes me sad... I still think that Driveclub 2 would be amazing especially with now Porsche License is open for everybody. Such a great title. Too bad Sony killed of Evolution studios.

They're still out there, for better or for worse. The bulk of the talent on the former EVO team has been working on Dirt 5, and the car models, weather, and environments show. Can't wait to get into this one.
EcyozRUWsAEtsaW.jpg EdR90bYXsAEAmhT.jpg EfK37EVXYAM8EYu.jpg

But on the flip side, EVO's lead game director (Paul) and physics coders are at least partially responsible for making Project CARS 3 into the controversial product it is now. Granted, he has openly stated that he is against the naming of the project, so take it as you will.
Capture8.JPG Capture6.JPG Capture10.JPG

Back