Project Cars 3 Sales [Discussion]

This was always going to happen.

You cant take a sim title and turn it into an arcade racer. First the ones who bought the previous titles arent going to buy it as they like sims and the arcade fans won't buy it as they think its a new sim.

Its a lesson for codies to stop lying in thier marketing campaigns as it just puts people off.

Its a lesson for codies to stop lying in thier marketing campaigns as it just puts people off.

This has nothing to do with Codemasters, the game has been in production for years before Codemaster bought SMS and the marketing is being handled by Bandai Namco. I'm pretty sure Codemasters learnt that lesson now based on what they did to the Dirt franchise recently.

This has nothing to do with Codemasters, the game has been in production for years before Codemaster bought SMS and the marketing is being handled by Bandai Namco. I'm pretty sure Codemasters learnt that lesson now based on what they did to the Dirt franchise recently.
While I totally agree concerning Codemasters, I'd strongly suggest SMS and in particular Ian and Nathan Bell, had a very significant role in the marketing, especially the selling of PC3 as a sim.

Not exactly a sales number but...

As of 30th August, PS4 had 14,000 players and Xbox had 6,200 players.

And this tells us more then any sale figures because sale figures don´t count digital sales.
But 6200 players on xbox and 14000 on PS4 is really not much......

But one has to say.
Pcars 3 is fun is could and should have been so much better.

And this tells us more then any sale figures because sale figures don´t count digital sales.
But 6200 players on xbox and 14000 on PS4 is really not much......

But one has to say.
Pcars 3 is fun is could and should have been so much better.
Meanwhile on Steam, PC3 is only just staying ahead of the original, and not even close to PC2.

154B09DF-1A37-47F4-B06C-2BE4A4779F3C.png

Well well.... on the other hand.

They don´t do not much to keep us motivated.

No info about the dlc, no weekly challenges etc.

They should look how Playground and Ivory Tower do it.
Give your people something and they come back to play.

Things are pretty dire in the sim racing scene at the moment, particularly those who are limited to consoles. I cannot afford a gaming PC, nor am I able to operate a wheel and pedals. I don't have many options for a full-on sim experience, which is a real shame because as much as I love Gran Turismo, it doesn't have the same level of realism or depth. I am bummed that one of the best sim-racers has turned to absolute **** and forced me to stick with the previous game. Do game companies not care about this audience? The sim-racers who use consoles only? Come on, there are soo many people out there who will pay to play a proper sim racer on their consoles. I know Assetto Corsa Competizione is available but it's hardly an alternative considering how little content there is. There are so many cars I want to experience in Project Cars 2 but probably never will as SMS aren't keen on supporting it anymore. How long will I have to wait until a similar product arrives in the future? Will I ever play another simulator on console? No sim racer is coming to PS5 anytime soon (GT7 doesn't count), so at what point will SMS wake up and go back to how things used to be? It's a real shame that we have all this technology and yet not a single company seems willing to take advantage of it for a sim racer. A PROPER sim racer. I was soo excited for the third Project Cars and to be let down in such spectacular fashion makes me upset.

Project Cars has taught me a lot about tuning, track evolution, weather and tyres - more than GT ever could. It completely changed the way I viewed racing games, providing a level of realism I'm yet to find elsewhere. I used to think that Gran Turismo was the most realistic game out there, but after playing Project Cars, I realised just how far behind it was. The game was a love/hate relationship in the early days but once I figured it out, I never looked back. I may not have considered it be my favourite racing game of the last decade, but after seeing the demise of Project Cars 3, I do now. I still play it regularly and won't be stopping anytime soon. Project Cars 2 is one of the only games I've played week in week out since September 2017. I didn't even play GT5 for as long. That's how good it is.

It's a shame that things have gone soo bad soo quickly for the sim-racing genre.

In the beginning of PCARS Ian Bell told all of us to get a wheel in order to get the best racing experience. Guess what, I did, now I'm stuck and can't go back to PCARS on controller because it is much less enjoyable on controller for me. The main arcade racers I find enjoyable on controller is Forza gt and Driveclub. But PCARS needs to go back to full sim because as a sim it can get by with dull graphics boring career and awkward user interface. I have no interest in PCARS3 for there are already great giants leading in this category and PCARS3 simply has nothing to offer.

I did think of getting this...but not sure, saw it on ebay for £22..
If you play with a gamepad and you think GT/Forza physics are just not good enough and want something better, this may be a game for you. If you like the sound of the Rivals mode in this game and like scheduled online racing, I would also recommend this game. If you are a hardcore sim racer or want accurate motorsport simulation, then I would recommend not picking it up.

No info about the dlc, no weekly challenges etc.

They should look how Playground and Ivory Tower do it.
Give your people something and they come back to play.

There are daily/weekly/monthly challenges in the form of Rivals mode, but I do agree there needs to be more of an incentive like the examples given to keep people coming back.

Even a solution like the Tournaments mode in Wreckfest would suit this game pretty well; have a unique currency you can acquire in Rivals mode which you can use to purchase exclusive liveries and cars. 👍

Check what they say about dirt rally called that a sim.

Grid they claim has the best physics out there.

Its always this time we've listened to the fans and made it a sim. Never happens.

Codies are what they are but klyton have taken over as the kings of racing games.

There are daily/weekly/monthly challenges in the form of Rivals mode, but I do agree there needs to be more of an incentive like the examples given to keep people coming back.

Even a solution like the Tournaments mode in Wreckfest would suit this game pretty well; have a unique currency you can acquire in Rivals mode which you can use to purchase exclusive liveries and cars. 👍

yap, just a rivals mode where you get extra xp does not motivate me at all.

I feel the same way as @CLowndes888 does. In the run-up to this game, I remember people at SMS saying there were too many sim games and I look around on console and am confused where they are. The only one I can think of that launched since PCARS2 is ACC and that's just GT3 cars with limited circuits.

I don't understand how the console sim market is saturated with PCARS-style games. A number of people I've spoken to are in a position where they don't know what the next step is after PCARS2 for their league with it being a 3-year old game. All they wanted was an evolution of how PCARS2 was because that was such a good game for what we want in terms of variety.

You can't race IndyCar anywhere else on console. You can't race the Touring Cars (Well. Renault Megane Cup with their BOP) on console. GT1s, LMP1 multiclass racing with accurate classes.

As much as it's a shame that classes aren't as fleshed out as I'd like in regards to BOP or car models, I can't see a clear alternative to PCARS2.

Check what they say about dirt rally called that a sim..
It is, it might not be the best Rally sim out, but it’s still a sim.

Grid they claim has the best physics out there..
Citation required

Its always this time we've listened to the fans and made it a sim. Never happens..
Absurd generalisation that can be dismissed as such.

Codies are what they are but klyton have taken over as the kings of racing games.
They currently make rally titles, as such I think that’s a massive overstatement, and this is coming from someone who rate WRC9 over Dirt Rally.

It’s also got nothing to do with this thread, as Codies had nothing at all to do with the development or marketing direction of PC3.

As such your flame bait nonsense isn’t needed here or appreciated at all. So please stop trolling the thread and talking utter *****.

I don't understand how the console sim market is saturated with PCARS-style games. A number of people I've spoken to are in a position where they don't know what the next step is after PCARS2 for their league with it being a 3-year old game. All they wanted was an evolution of how PCARS2 was because that was such a good game for what we want in terms of variety.
The league that I race in has come up against this exact problem. We don't have any alternatives and will probably stick with Project Cars 2 long after the PS5 releases, which is sad. If SMS do make another sim racer, we'll have to wait 3 years based on the current development cycle. So there's a fair chance I'll still be playing the game in 2023. The only hope for us is Automobillista coming to console. I will honestly try to lobby the developers in order for it to happen, as soo many people on console are desperate for a new sim. But SMS will probably stop it as they know it's the better game with their own physics engine!

The only hope for us is Automobillista coming to console. I will honestly try to lobby the developers in order for it to happen, as soo many people on console are desperate for a new sim. But SMS will probably stop it as they know it's the better game with their own physics engine!
Yeah. Automobilista 2 would be a decent option and we're hoping for a similar thing. What that game needs is a bit more content of the European variety and maybe some more in North America and it would have enough variety to be a true PCARS sequel. Even if it released on consoles tomorrow, I'm sure I'd pick it up and buy it though. Especially with the types of cars they have already and I know a number of people that would.

Will be nice if AMS2 comes for consoles, it has a lot of unique content that other games don’t have it. My brother has been suggesting me to get a copy but I’m not sure my PC could even run it at a decent frame rate.

As for the content, I think they have more “common” content coming. Not too sure what was announced but when I dig through its files a month ago, there is a small selection of Group C, 90s GT1, GT3 and GT4 in the files.

Will be nice if AMS2 comes for consoles, it has a lot of unique content that other games don’t have it. My brother has been suggesting me to get a copy but I’m not sure my PC could even run it at a decent frame rate.

As for the content, I think they have more “common” content coming. Not too sure what was announced but when I dig through its files a month ago, there is a small selection of Group C, 90s GT1, GT3 and GT4 in the files.
That's good news. Hopefully, they update some of the content to a more modern, European standard as well with the addition of an F4/F3 car as well.

That's good news. Hopefully, they update some of the content to a more modern, European standard as well with the addition of an F4/F3 car as well.

If it will ever come to consoles most probably it will happen when the game will be completed. If ever...

Last edited:

This could be remnants of the Project Cars 2 game in engine files. It is common thing that you can find some traces of older games based on same engine.

This could be remnants of the Project Cars 2 game in engine files. It is common thing that you can find some traces of older games based on same engine.

I thought of that and it is possible but they seem to clean up well enough and not that many pCARS 2 bits, I think the game it is running on a variant of pCARS 3 engine, I remember finding the file for rim and tyre cosmetic customisation file in AMS 2 as well but it is just a blank file with generic names. For some of the cars it did get updated files every few months and some of the cars found months ago has been released like the BMW M3 E30 DTM and Mercedes 190E DTM.

Most of the cars are pCARS 2 cars, the only ones I remember that is not in pCARS 2 are Mclaren 570S GT4, Mclaren F1 LM (road car) and 2 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (not too sure why is there 2 of them).

In terms of what's coming in AMS2 there's a rough outline here - https://www.game-automobilista2.com/?lightbox=dataItem-ke2h4vp3

Essentially Nurburgring, Spa and some historic variants of current circuits (paid DLC) before the end of this year. GT3/GT4 free this month (probably only a couple of each initially - licensing delays due to you-know-what). Group C/GT1 free next month. Next year is a bit more vague but includes "Racin' USA" which will hopefully have some more US track content for those that are after that.

Next year is a bit more vague but includes "Racin' USA" which will hopefully have some more US track content for those that are after that.

I did found some US tracks in it, Indianapolis, Daytona, Long Beach and Willow Springs but not all track layout are there at the moment and it could still be pCARS 2 leftovers files.

Back