Project CARS 3 Track and Car List Revealed, Pre-Orders Go Live

Just bought the season pass for PC2- looks like I'll be staying well away from PC3, unless there's a sale. It's a shame, because I know Slightly Mad's Community Manager Fernando Moutinho through Discord and Twitter: he's a lovely guy with a lot of passion for the game, and it's a shame that the game is receiving such a large amount of hate. Might pick the game up on sale, anyway

Im looking forward to trying this I have had a bad experience with the first two titles as I dont have or want a wheel set up, third time might be the charm... Having been burnt I do want try before I buy, badly needs a demo...

That's some really bad news. Like I said before, just some new cars and tracks here and there.
Not enough to justify a new game.
Especially when you consider the missing features, tracks and possibly cars.

Last edited:
Yeeeah gonna wait until its on sale. After GRID im done buying a half finished CM game.

It isn't Codemasters. Man this has been said so many time it isnt even funny.

And the content, while missing a few things, the track ans car lists aren't final and it still has more stuff than a lot of other games including Grid.

That's nice:
upload_2020-8-4_12-25-59.png

There is huge update on official carlist. They have added a lot of race specs cars. To be honest. Loads of them looks great. I love Jaguar Xj220 Race Specs reminds me the LeMans GT1 one. I hope there is some sort of custom grid option. Making Ferrari F40 LM/Jag Xj220/Diablo GTR battle would be great.

The updated car list look really interesting, most road cars have a racing variant which I guess you can upgrade to once you reach a certain performance index rating.

The updated car list look really interesting, most road cars have a racing variant which I guess you can upgrade to once you reach a certain performance index rating.

Yes but it also confirmed that the "Cars" tune ups are listed as seperate cars. Which people hoped it won't be the case.

Definitley looks a lot better than it did yesterday. The racing variants certainly look interesting.

Yes but it also confirmed that the "Cars" tune ups are listed as seperate cars. Which people hoped it won't be the case.

The racing versions look distinctly different enough to justify this in my opinion.

According to what is being confirmed some of the new tracks are Shanghai F1 circuit (boring) and some more ovals...yeah more ovals. Really looks like the cheaped out on licensing interesting tracks that might explain why more than half the new tracks for this game are fictional.

Definitely feels like a budget game this time round

So these tracks are now featured on the website:
Azure Circuit (Hopefully that means Azure Sprint is to follow)
Bannochbrae
California Highway
Havana Street Circuit
Monument Canyon
Shanghai Street Circuit
Tuscany

These environments really help to create a PGR/Driveclub vibe! 👍

This one had me confused yesterday:

upload_2020-8-4_13-10-35.png

Car clearly R34, description clearly R30. Turns out that with today's list update there's now also an R34 "SMS-R" racing model with that image, but the R30 Silhouette image is still the R34...

Back to updating the list I go!

Edit: And the 2019 935 is now on the list twice... Also:

upload_2020-8-4_13-50-59.png

Last edited:
I also thought it could be forced release. PCars 3 is published by Bandai Namco (not codemasters) and this is probably their last game for this publisher (next one is Codemasters) they maybe wanted to make this quick and easy to focus on their Codemasters games?

BTW it makes all this posts blaming Codemasters for this even funnier. They even don't have anything to do with PCars 3.

Codemasters have nothing to do with pcars3. Stop blaming them.

It isn't Codemasters. Man this has been said so many time it isnt even funny.

And the content, while missing a few things, the track ans car lists aren't final and it still has more stuff than a lot of other games including Grid.

The fact that Codemasters now owns SMS but has Nothing to do with PCars3 means that Codemasters demands that all effort on PCars 3 need to be wrapped up and shipped ASAP no matter what.

If Codemasters has nothing to gain from PCars 3, then they have nothing to lose either from having PCars 3 be a half baked, half done job...

Did you all think about that?

Codemasters could very well order the plug be pulled so that the SMS team can focus on whatever Codemasters projects they might have for Codemasters to benefit from ASAP...
Just as you pointed it out.

I will continue to blame it on Codemasters until otherwise proven... Stop me.

The fact that Codemasters now owns SMS but has Nothing to do with PCars3 means that Codemasters demands that all effort on PCars 3 need to be wrapped up and shipped ASAP no matter what.

If Codemasters has nothing to gain from PCars 3, then they have nothing to lose either from having PCars 3 be a half baked, half done job...

Did you all think about that?

Codemasters could very well order the plug be pulled so that the SMS team can focus on whatever Codemasters projects they might have for Codemasters to benefit from ASAP...
Just as you pointed it out.

I will continue to blame it on Codemasters until otherwise proven... Stop me.

Absolute rubbish. You have zero concept of the situation. Codemasters haven't had a say in this game, end of story, developed by SMS for over 3 yeats, published by BN, codemasters have had SMS for what, 6 months? Get with the program. Codemasters don't really gain anything by forcing it to ship early. They'd probably rather it shipped later if anything so as not to trip over Dirt 5 launch.

To be honest i am very looking forward to SMS's Codemasters project. I like Codies games, even had fun with GRID. Joining Codies resources and SMS talent this could be the blast. Maybe return of Toca Race Driver type game in full glory.

Absolute rubbish. You have zero concept of the situation. Codemasters haven't had a say in this game, end of story, developed by SMS for over 3 yeats, published by BN, codemasters have had SMS for what, 6 months? Get with the program. Codemasters don't really gain anything by forcing it to ship early. They'd probably rather it shipped later if anything so as not to trip over Dirt 5 launch.

How is it rubbish?

I might not know the situation, but you also fail to convince me with your speculation as well.

6 month is plenty time for Codie to order a restructuration, let alone a shift in work priorities...

Corporate culture man.

It's totally plausible.

Unless Codie comes out and say they fully support SMS and will own up the success OR failure of PCars3 despite not having any active input into the project, or something similar in that nature, I will stand corrected only in such situation.

I understand most of the technical choices have already been made by SMS, without and prior to Codie's input (If any), but we here don't know and probably will never know what may have been, could have been or cut, due to this unusual take over....

To be honest i am very looking forward to SMS's Codemasters project. I like Codies games, even had fun with GRID. Joining Codies resources and SMS talent this could be the blast. Maybe return of Toca Race Driver type game in full glory.

Its likely it'll just be a continuation of the project cars series but like with Dirt and Dirt Rally, you'll have Grid as the action arcade style and the pVars as the more serious one. I expect we'll see CM make some big changes for the next game.

@CTznOfTime its be discussed to death on the Discords and various other places and spoken multiple times from SMS employees the CM haven't had an input. So until that gets proven categorically to be false then its far more speculative from your side. And 6 months isn't enough time to derail a 3 year project headed up by 2 of the most stubborn men in gaming.

This one had me confused yesterday:

View attachment 946360

Car clearly R34, description clearly R30. Turns out that with today's list update there's now also an R34 "SMS-R" racing model with that image, but the R30 Silhouette image is still the R34...

Back to updating the list I go!

Edit: And the 2019 935 is now on the list twice... Also:

View attachment 946363
The Formula E car was what I waiting for, pre-order going in the second I get home.

Back