Project CARS 3 Track and Car List Revealed, Pre-Orders Go Live

Lol, I see you so often here, and you seem missed Project Cars 3 new style. It's road cars now go on track, conceptually. Race cars now an addition, some even out from main gameplay feature - upgrading.

Is it? Why aren’t there more road cars then. :dunce:

fyi just over 130 of the 203 confirmed cars are race cars.

Last edited:
Is it? Why aren’t there more road cars then. :dunce:

That's the different question, another one conflicting thing about Project Cars 3.

You can take one of your favourite road cars and compete against the thoroughbred race cars if you want. That really fits not only into the whole ‘weekend warrior to racing legend’ component, but also subscribes to what it can be like in the real-world where, you can turn up at a local club race or track day in your tuned M3 and fight it out with the latest supercars.

So you better have any favorite from what you got.

? Porsche has the most cars in pcars 2 including dlc for both is.

Ferrari 23 cars
Porsche 24 cars
You're right, I guess Jake forgot to add a couple to Porsche's tally on our list over there. Underscores why I wasn't going to ask for more Porsches even if there are more roadcar models I'd prefer to see. :)

I’d say pcars has always been about race cars. Not road cars. Be nice to see more of course but the game definitely isn’t about road cars.
It's neither a game about roadcars nor a game about racecars. It's a game for both, in my view. Like I was saying in the general thread last night, I think it's fair to count roadcars as one of the multiple distinct categories the franchise has always been about.

You're right, I guess Jake forgot to add a couple to Porsche's tally on our list over there. Underscores why I wasn't going to ask for more Porsches even if there are more roadcar models I'd prefer to see. :)

It's neither a game about roadcars nor a game about racecars. It's a game for both, in my view. Like I was saying in the general thread last night, I think it's fair to count roadcars as one of the multiple distinct categories the franchise has always been about.

oh I’m not saying it doesn’t count. But I wouldn’t say road cars are the primary focus of the series.

With this content lineup it would probably have been better to release the whole thing as a Project CARS 2 expansion revolving around this “less complicated is more fun” agenda they’re pushing. Of course it wouldn’t sell well, but really...

I think it would be safe to say the game gathering plenty interest.
Pity the Standard and Deluxe editions so expensive though at $60 USD and $95 USD.
Although I'll still be Pre-ordering the Deluxe version I'd hoped the price would have been lower but c'est la vie.

Correction to my previous post about exotics -- one new supercar I would appreciate added to the game as DLC is the GMA T.50.

I think it would be safe to say the game gathering plenty interest.
Pity the Standard and Deluxe editions so expensive though at $60 USD and $95 USD.
Although I'll still be Pre-ordering the Deluxe version I'd hoped the price would have been lower but c'est la vie.
I ended up Pre-ordering the Deluxe version not so long ago David.

Took out?

The McLaren F1, GT3 version of the 720S, and Evo IX FQ-360 are all on the website now. Great job SMS for generating confusion and disappointment when they should be providing answers. :boggled:

In my humble opinion, the game didn't exactly need more exotics. As a Porsche and BMW fan, I wasn't even crossing my fingers for more of those because it wouldn't be fair -- though it's a shame not to have any classic 911 but the race-prepped Carrera RSR 2.8, and no street version of the E30 M3.

I was hoping for Subaru, Mazda, more Toyota roadcars, more Hondas, a few more Volkswagens, Peugeot...plenty of gaps to fill without adding more to Ferrari -- which had the most cars of any brand in PCARS2!

i agree that road versions of those cars should’ve been added myself. I agree completely with wanting to Subaru, Honda, Mazda, and etc. I think some Japanese street cars and race/rally cars would’ve been cool. Some of us have been hoping the 787B would make an appearance. I know this gane is race class based as well so certain cars will need to fit into its appropriate class. I thought that the 2027 Civic Type-R and 2017 Focus RS would’ve been on the game for sure this time. As for exotics, I was expecting more of the track focused versions like the 488 Pista, 600LT, Huracán Performante’ and 911 GT2RS. There is hope that some of the cars and tracks we’d like to see will be added in DLC packs. Since there is a season pass.

With Lotus Road Cars license too bad we didn't get Elise GT1 to complete already impressive GT1 car list in Project Cars (on the other hand with mixing it with other cars it doesn't matter anymore)

Most likely like pCARS 2, unlock frame rate where it fluctuates around 40-50+ FPS and occasionally 60 FPS. WRC 8 on consoles is lock to 30 FPS.

Unfortunately doesn't look like that. Game seems to be just the same as wrc8 anyway, so wait for this one to drop its price.

Thanks for clearing that up. Good advice, I generally work one year behind with games (fully patched/updated and discounted is the way to go!) I will be picking up WRC8 next time its on sale... just got wreckfest in the summer psn sale for half price and im loving it.

They have added some more stuff today, many tracks being conformed as carryovers, and added the SMS section to the car list.

Formula X and Formula Rookie are back (very happy for FR to be back), Formula B is back after its break skipping PC2 and Stadium Truck is the new one we saw on some of the videos.

SMS.jpg

I was happy to see FB again, but...., problem about FB this time might be that It probably doesn't have that depth that made it so fun with softs.., and "mediums".

Pretty low car count for a grinding game like gran turismo. They need tons of low to mid range cars. Id still rather play gt5

@Shofast -- A career/"economy" like this needn't be a grind, but I'd agree that PCARS is lacking for cars with low- to mid-range performance regardless, even if this game was identical to PCARS2 and most of the cars added to correct that bias would be racecars.

I felt PCARS2 was tilted too far in favor of extra-powerful, extra-fast cars. It's full of them.

I felt PCARS2 was tilted too far in favor of extra-powerful, extra-fast cars. It's full of them.
Yeah. I felt that way in terms of the Formula cars as well. We didn't have something like a Formula 4, very few people liked the Formula C and nothing in the ways of a Formula 3 car.

They have added some more stuff today, many tracks being conformed as carryovers, and added the SMS section to the car list.

Formula X and Formula Rookie are back (very happy for FR to be back), Formula B is back after its break skipping PC2 and Stadium Truck is the new one we saw on some of the videos.

View attachment 946717

Formula X was good fun. The new Formula B is the Formula Renault 3.5 from PC2 with an added halo, so should be good to drive, the FR was a blast.

Ok... So i can finally write this.

That's a really "MEH" list if you played PCars 2. Both Cars and Tracks. There are some fine nice addition but overall it is really looking bad. I really hoped that if features are being cut, if game is being dumbed down then maybe content would be nice but seriously this is bad in my opinion.

Final opinion: adequate, but sorely unimpressive. No more rallycross, almost nothing for missing car brands I wanted to see (Lotus and the new Alpine are nice), and too many other cuts for the paltry things that have been added in return. What the hell happened, SMS? Three years for this shifty transaction of content (pun unintended)?

I guess I should count myself lucky that enough has remained for me to sink my teeth into the long-awaited upgrades and customization.

Following up my last comment above, OF COURSE the likes of the Bugatti Chiron, Koenigsegg Jesko, and Rimac C_Two made the cut to represent new brands. :rolleyes:

What’s blank? Even if the Rx Lite moved to Ford in the list, I think you should put it in OMSE of this comparison.
Blank is a default value on Excel pivot tables and in this case would indicate cars that have been lost from either Project Cars or Project Cars 2 and I need to add the OMSE back in.

Edited to add:

I've checked the PC3 site and the OMSE isn't listed, and given this tweet, it may well end up as DLC.

I did, however, miss the Formula E, so the updated list is.

What we know so far.jpg

Last edited:
Back