Project CARS 3 Track List

And yet it was added to GRID 2019 (which i thought is quite "cheaply" done) it was a surprise.

Yeah I was surprised too. That was one that PC2 struggled with. And I'm sure something else did as well. Whether it was cost or struggle to get a license done im not sure but I've read a few times about companies struggling with Suzukas licensing.

Might have been slightly easier to get in touch with the right people since F1 has Suzuka every year. I don't work on things like this so who knows :)

The circuit licencing thing is a head scratcher for me. Spa and Suzuka are mega expensive (it seems) but Nurgburgring isn't? You'd think that it would be the most expensive because of the reputation it does have around the world, well at least as bad as the other two anyway, but every title seems to have it? Bit hard to follow really

No Le Mans with a game with LMPs (Le Mans Prototype) is just silly. I can understand Spa as its meant to be crazy expensive now. But you would think they would have kept arguably the worlds most famous race track in the game since you have LMP's.

COTA and red bull ring are in almost every racing game so I wouldn't have thought licence would have been that expensive im surprised they never got kept either.

The cut features, no private lobbies on launch, no HDR on launch for xbxo and lack of new tracks, I get the feeling they had a lot less budget to work on this game compared to PC2

The circuit licencing thing is a head scratcher for me. Spa and Suzuka are mega expensive (it seems) but Nurgburgring isn't? You'd think that it would be the most expensive because of the reputation it does have around the world, well at least as bad as the other two anyway, but every title seems to have it? Bit hard to follow really

The Nurburgrings reputation is nowhere near that of Spa and Suzuka. Unless you mean the Nordschleife, which is technically a public road so I don't know if that is licensed in the same way as typical circuits, theoretically making it much cheaper to use.

...I get the feeling they had a lot less budget to work on this game compared to PC2
I dunno about a smaller budget than PCARS2, but I agree it appears to have been tight, which is a reason I am cutting them some slack.

No Le Mans with a game with LMPs (Le Mans Prototype) is just silly. I can understand Spa as its meant to be crazy expensive now. But you would think they would have kept arguably the worlds most famous race track in the game since you have LMP's.

COTA and red bull ring are in almost every racing game so I wouldn't have thought licence would have been that expensive im surprised they never got kept either.

The cut features, no private lobbies on launch, no HDR on launch for xbxo and lack of new tracks, I get the feeling they had a lot less budget to work on this game compared to PC2

A lot of this content is a waste of space IMO. If they wanted to go more road car, casual street racing in PC3 then fine. But why waste content space with cars that don't have business being in the game. All these endurance cars with no le mans, no pit strategy. But luckily these cars are still in PC2 with Spa, Le mans, classic Le Mans so it's fine by me. I'll just stick with PC2

A lot of this content is a waste of space IMO. If they wanted to go more road car, casual street racing in PC3 then fine. But why waste content space with cars that don't have business being in the game. All these endurance cars with no le mans, no pit strategy. But luckily these cars are still in PC2 with Spa, Le mans, classic Le Mans so it's fine by me. I'll just stick with PC2

So much this.

If the car list was complete of Roadcars and not having racing cars too much. I would might consider buying it. This cars would fit to the new "atmosphere" of Pcars 3. But it doesn't have nice road car carlist either so it is no buy for now.

Havana Layouts are:
Havana Capitolio Pass
Havana Castillo Approach
Havana Malecon Loop

Monument Canyon:
Monument Canyon Array Peak
Monument Canyon Mesa View
Monument Canyon River Run

I know that this is not the same tracks... But... Damn both Shanghai and Havana do look like GRID ones in terms of graphics design etc. It just have different layouts.

this is weird.

I know that this is not the same tracks... But... Damn both Shanghai and Havana do look like GRID ones in terms of graphics design etc. It just have different layouts.

I don't think it should be surprising if both circuits are set in the same districts of the city. With the examples provided, both tracks are layouts that make use of the Malecon highway so they are bound to look very similar.

I don't think it should be surprising if both circuits are set in the same districts of the city. With the examples provided, both tracks are layouts that make use of the Malecon highway so they are bound to look very similar.

Happened with Forza and Gran Turismo with the New York track as well. Almost identical.
New_York.jpg

images (1).jpeg

Yeah. But it is funny coincidence non the less. PCars 3 seems closer to GRID in terms of gameplay and now it has 2 very similar tracks.

Also interesting to know about New York in GT and Forza. I always thought they are making fictional road's based in atmosphere of a city not real ones.

While there’s not much point to the RX Lite,
I'd have to disagree. I drive it frequently in PC2 but rarely off road though! I'm really glad it's made a return.

Since they have them already I'm not sure why they couldn't have left the full RX car list intact. They could also be used on tarmac as well - the appropriate tyres wouldn't be a problem in PC3.

Wait, they kept Watkins Glen but only the full course?
Yeah I noticed that oddity. Perhaps the licence was too expensive for that short joining section. :)

The cynical side of me thinks that the "free" tracks coming after release may be additional layouts for existing tracks.
And what does the credulous side of you think? :)

While maybe they could "unlock" extra layouts I suspect there will be at least some complete tracks added (new or returning) just to keep the user base engaged. Much like the GTS dlc model, which seems to have worked quite well for them.

The cynical side of me thinks that the "free" tracks coming after release may be additional layouts for existing tracks.

I find that very unlikely. DLCs for the previous 2 games were generally pretty strong, particularly on the tracks. The only additional layouts that were added i think were the RX versions of a couple tracks and a historic LeMans.

I wouldn't be overly surprised to see Spa return in the free updates, probably a street circuit or 2, I don't think we'll see many as they're free.

I find that very unlikely. DLCs for the previous 2 games were generally pretty strong, particularly on the tracks.

You may be right. As I say its me being cynical and not understanding why variants of tracks previously available are now not available. But I don't think you can judge by previous dlc tracks as they were not free. Free tracks do not have to be "pretty strong". If you take rF2 for example, the free tracks are one's you've never heard of. Le Mans, Nurburgring and Sebring you have to pay for.

You may be right. As I say its me being cynical and not understanding why variants of tracks previously available are now not available. But I don't think you can judge by previous dlc tracks as they were not free. Free tracks do not have to be "pretty strong". If you take rF2 for example, the free tracks are one's you've never heard of. Le Mans, Nurburgring and Sebring you have to pay for.

True. Free could simply be setting a low expectation. We shall wait and see.

And what does the credulous side of you think? :)

While maybe they could "unlock" extra layouts I suspect there will be at least some complete tracks added (new or returning) just to keep the user base engaged. Much like the GTS dlc model, which seems to have worked quite well for them.

It doesn't know what to think. Budget seems to be tight with previous tracks omitted. Even previous layouts omitted. DLC seems very thin compared to PC2 season pass. I just don't get the impression they are feeling generous. The GTS dlc model does work well, but SMS have never followed that model. And with PC3 not being a next gen title I don't think it is the ideal game to go for a long term support for. Given Jerez is on the list which probably had its origins in AMS2, then Kyalami would be my prediction for PC3 free dlc track.

And with PC3 not being a next gen title I don't think it is the ideal game to go for a long term support for.
Yes it's always a odd time for game releases with new consoles on the horizon. But don't forget there's still an audience of around150 million current generation consoles out there. If the game also (most likely) works on next gen and with that user base as well it might not be such a bad time for release as it seems.

Kyalami would be good. I wonder if since they are part of Codemasters now licences are a communal thing or still game specific.

Even previous layouts omitted.
I haven't been keeping fully up to date with everything but other than the mentioned Watkins Glen short, what other circuit variations are missing? Possibly some apparently strange omissions might just be because they haven't sorted out the lists properly. They do seem to be a bit fluid!

Back