Project CARS 3 Update Adds Bahrain Circuit, and Style Pack

It's all the sim I could ever need though.
What missing? Pit stops? Steups. Pit stops are overrated and I'm glad they did away with that. One less distraction and more time to focus on racing.
Missing too much sim for the community the first two games were aimed at.

What missing? Pit stops? Steups. Pit stops are overrated and I'm glad they did away with that. One less distraction and more time to focus on racing.

Kind of hard to run any sort of league races in PCARS 3's (frankly, ******) online when you don't have pitstops, no?

It was more than disingenuous, it was straight up lying.

This is the greatest thing about the entire run up to PCARS 3's launch. Ian Bell, and SMS themselves, straight up lied and burned bridges with a solid fan base...all because Ian didn't want to make this game the spin off that it rightfully should have been. I legitimately want to know why he didn't, and what went through the minds of management, and Ian himself, when he pitched this game as the next PCARS numbered title, and what went through his mind that he was intending to trick and lie a fanbase that isn't dumb in the slightest, and could sniff out the ******** in said lying statements pretty quickly.

The more I think about it, the more EA probably were in the right to cut bait with Ian and SMS after SHIFT 2 Unleashed. Considering how SMS has gone as a studio since then, and how Ian has revealed himself to being a crass, cantankerous asshole who has burnt bridges everywhere he has gone, they probably could see what was coming.

Kind of hard to run any sort of league races in PCARS 3's (frankly, ******) online when you don't have pitstops, no?

Not just without pitstops, putting everything on the Performance Index System they have will likely majorly screw over any kind of balancing for any mad people that do try to run leagues.

Au contraire. It is very possible to run league races in Pcars 3. You don't have to have pit stops to run a race.

Considering the words within the acronym in 'Project CARS', once more that's a rather big downgrade from PCARS 2, when people can't even run semi-realistic endurance races online.

Not just without pitstops, putting everything on the Performance Index System they have will likely majorly screw over any kind of balancing for any mad people that do try to run leagues.

I didn't think of that at all, but it's not like any of this matters, considering that leagues probably are still running on PCARS 2 and have reticence towards the game from the beginning for SMS straight up lying to them, again and again.

I find it amazing that people are actually selfish enough to be glad that an optional feature has been removed from a game so that the people who did enjoy it can't anymore.

Last edited:
I find it amazing that people are actually selfish enough to be glad that an optional feature has been removed from a game so that the people who did enjoy it can't anymore.
Exactly. I'm confused about this exact thing.

You can have PCARS3 by turning the damage to Visual, Fuel Usage and Tyre Wear Off. Then you can just run races with more of a sandbox element to it where you can decide everything you want. That way, the pitlanes are pointless and you can focus on the racing. Even then, if you want to run an Indy 500, you have the proper car model used on Speedways, liveries and the ability to do 200 laps.

The only improvement I see is the livery editor.

The pack isn’t available as the update (and track) were accidentally released early.

so when will the pack be avaible ?
I already have the new career events for it and the track but don‘t have access to the pack....

edit:

twitter told me ^^

From Dec 15, own the future of design, speed, technology, and mind-bending performance with three supercars that redefine every limit. The Ferrari SF90 Stradale, Lamborghini Sián FKP 37, and the Hennessey Venom F5. Own them all with the Style Pack for #ProjectCARS3.

Last edited:
The game has never crashed on me.

Screenshot_20201205-215540~2.png

Still no Le Mans. 👎

I saw this game given for free with any G923 purchase on one of the local stores recently. Something tells me it's not selling well.

Every week the game release a new time attck lap on different tracks and there are many players on daily rankings. The game is fun but nothing more.

lol, meanwhile, PCARS2 having 10x more players still playing it.

The future's not so bright for SMS...

SMS was bought from Codemasters last year, maybe that's the reason why PC3 is different from the other two version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever since the last patch 1.09 the game freezes while racing the Indy oval. This has happened numerous time after 15-20 laps. Anyone else having this issue?

Ever since the last patch 1.09 the game freezes while racing the Indy oval. This has happened numerous time after 15-20 laps. Anyone else having this issue?
Depending on the car that’s been there since launch.

Hey PJ, thanks for your response. I wasn't aware of this issue. It seems odd that it hasn't been addressed yet. Seems if you have an oval such as Indy that you would want to be able to race the Dallara Indycar on it.

Hey PJ, thanks for your response. I wasn't aware of this issue. It seems odd that it hasn't been addressed yet. Seems if you have an oval such as Indy that you would want to be able to race the Dallara Indycar on it.
It’s been reported a few times (I think I reported it myself on their Discord). Probably a tricky bug to fix so no solution yet. It’s track-specific though so presumably easier to identify.

I am curious to know if the DLCs are going to be similar to Grid 2019 where each DLC pack (Seasons 1 - 3) contained one track, few cars and events in career mode. Project CARS 2 for example had 6 DLC tracks across 4 DLC packs (excluding Japanese Cars Pack), a couple of cars and career events.

Last edited:
well bandi probably wanted an arcade racer and ian bell just said **** it and gave the middle finger to bandi. With project car revolution we should see a return to sim racing.

**** bandi.

Any idea if there are any race cars in this pack? Felt like the season pass was described as 4 dlc packs with 3 cars and 3 subsequent race conversions.

Last edited:
Yeah. I was wondering how will race conversions for this cars looks like.

As far as I remember this question appeared on official Discord and there will be no race conversions for them.

EDIT:

Or I'd assume so...

Screenshot_20201214-075211~2.png

Last edited:
The Venom I could image with a race conversion but the more extreme design of the other 2 not quite so much.

But maybe it'll just be the SF90 Stradale without the race conversion. You know how protective Ferrari are of everything.

SMS was bought from Codemasters last year, maybe that's the reason why PC3 is different from the other two version.
Project Cars 3 is published by Bandai, not Codemasters. It represents SMS work before they were acquired by Codemasters.

Now of course about to be part of the evil EA empire.

Back