Project CARS 3 Update Adds Bahrain Circuit, and Style Pack

Discussion in 'Project CARS 3' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 3, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

byoung likes this.
  2. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

Still no Le Mans. :tdown:

I saw this game given for free with any G923 purchase on one of the local stores recently. Something tells me it's not selling well.

Nafone14, Scaff and wolf4263 like this.
  3. instinct808

instinct808

https://steamcharts.com/app/958400
    these numbers looks just laughable

on consoles probably doesn't look better

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    wolf4263 and Coquico like this.
  4. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

lol, meanwhile, PCARS2 having 10x more players still playing it.

The future's not so bright for SMS...

wolf4263 likes this.
  5. PJTierney

PJTierney

I could be wrong, but I think this is the first non-F1 game to have Bahrain.

Nafone14, Petroperu, byoung and 2 others like this.
  6. davidt33

davidt33

If people gave it a shot they would enjoy Pcars 3. It's a great game with a wide variety of events. The tracks are great and so too the cars handling. And no probs with framerate of video quality.
    At first I almost gave up but once I persevered I came to really enjoy it...so much so I enjoy it more than Pcars 2 and can't stop playing.
    Just recently I've completed Career from Road to GT Open categories and in-between also enjoying the Rivals category of events.
    Pretty soon I'll be delving to Bonus and other categories.

7. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

They've butchered the sound of my favorite sounding car from PCARS2. It doesn't even rev correctly either; the sound amps up too quickly compared to the rpms' rising...hard to explain. I ain't playing it out of spite. Simple as that. Think of me whatever you want...

Sure, the career mode is better than in PCARS2, but in my case, I just want to drive... If I want a career experience, I'll start up Gran Turismo.

PCARS2 looked like and had features of a professional sim. PCARS3 is just childish and simplified - though not necessarily a bad thing, that's not what the Project Community Assisted Racing Simulator community is looking for.

I've said it plenty of times and I'll say it however many more times it takes: It should not have been called PCARS3. It's a spinoff, not a successor.

Divaldo, the13PeSK, tbwhhs and 9 others like this.
  8. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

I really wish Bahrain International Circuit got more love in games.

9. Nismonath5

Nismonath5 Premium

TOCA Race Driver 2 and 3 had Bahrain. Had pretty much every variation of the track too, if I recall, including the outer loop F1 will be racing on soon!

10. Jason Myers

Jason Myers

Please help i cant access the style pack on the xbox, the new track is working but not the car pack?

11. PJTierney

PJTierney

The pack isn’t available as the update (and track) were accidentally released early.

Nafone14 likes this.
  12. Jason Myers

Jason Myers

Very strange

13. PSDazmaniac

PSDazmaniac

I had to laugh in the article when it mentioned one of the Bahrain layouts uses an alternative pit lane.

Won't matter to PCARS3, as SMS don't use regular pit lanes, never mind alternative ones.

Nafone14, Divaldo, the13PeSK and 7 others like this.
  14. PSDazmaniac

PSDazmaniac

I think you need something like the F1 games or WRC if you want 'career experience'. Polyphony hardly offer any career progression in the GT League events.

15. Scaff

Scaff Moderator

It depends entirely on what you are looking for, if you're after a 'pickup and play' arcade focused title, with physics that are grounded somewhat in reality then it certainly can be enjoyable (and with a beer and a gamepad that's how I approach it), It's not however either the revolution or GT/FM killer that some wanted it to be.

The car handling for what it, in reality is (an arcade title with sim leanings), are more than passable, but the one thing they certainly are not is accurate to reality, and no amount of wishful thinking will change that. You have cars that will stop quicker than reality by numerous seconds (and that's without ABS vs a car in reality with ABS), a lack of engine braking to such a degree that you can shift straight from 4th to 1st in a number of cars with zero loss of control and physics that have every car throwing the back-end out at every opportunity. Don't get me wrong, it can be fun, but accurate it's certainly not.

All of which is actually a good job, as the AI and the short distances in the majority of events mean that it's pretty much mandatory to drive like a lunatic to get passed them. It also manages to actually have fewer tracks and cars than PC2!

In that regard PC3 works, despite the fact that it follows the PC series trend of looking and sounding worse each time we get a new release. However, that isn't what was sold to consumers or to be more accurate, its only half of what was sold to consumers. The other half was for those looking for a Sim title, where we were told it was 'all the sim you could want', something that is quite frankly untrue (and before anyone claims 'marketing' a reason exists why Carlsberg calls itself 'probably the best beer in the world' and even that didn't stop them from acknowledging they were wrong).

That for me is the reason why PC3 has bombed as a title and is one of the most disappointing releases this year (again for me), as, with an open and honest approach to what the product is and the marketing behind it, it could well have sold far better and been a more successful product. Rather than that they engaged in a marketing campaign that did pretty much nothing to attract the new audience and did pretty much everything it could to put off its existing audience. This is also, despite people repeatedly telling SMS that they were off base with the marketing approach right the way up to launch, all of which was treated with a mixture of dismissal, abuse and mocking. It's a failure of SMS and BNs' own design, as clear a case of hubris as I can think of.

And a failure is it.

Current Steam Stats:
    Steam.jpg

Current PS4 Stats:
    PS4.jpg

Current Xbox Stats:
    Xbox.jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  16. MroczMR

MroczMR

Damn... PCars 2 demo is more popular than PCars 3.

Nafone14, VXR, the13PeSK and 7 others like this.
  17. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

Not surprised to see this game bomb. Arcade racers like this are more niche than sims.

18. TS050

TS050 Premium

It probably would’ve done a lot better had they not been so disingenuous in their marketing/marketed the game as a PC spinoff.

Claiming this game is “all the sim you could ever need” was their downfall

19. davidt33

davidt33

It's all the sim I could ever need though.
    What missing? Pit stops? Steups. Pit stops are overrated and I'm glad they did away with that. One less distraction and more time to focus on racing.

byoung likes this.
  20. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

Pit stops are an essential part of real racing. Tire and fuel management can vary massively between drivers' driving styles, and can make the difference between a victory and a loss. It's not exactly a distraction...it makes things more interesting. Even GT Sport is more sim than PC3.

r_outsider, Sentry87, tbwhhs and 3 others like this.
  21. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

It was more than disingenuous, it was straight up lying.

22. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

Even with tire wear and fuel burn absent in PC3, I rarely ran a race in PC2 more than 30 minutes long, and most were (and still are) usually 10-20 minutes.

I’m not missing the pitsops personally.

davidt33 and jpscity like this.
  23. AlexWilmot

AlexWilmot

You've missed out qualifying, realistic expectations/simulations on how cars should behave, dirt tracks for the two dirt vehicles in the game, adjustable seating and fov settings, I'm sure theres more to add to the list

NekoPufferPPP likes this.
  24. PJTierney

PJTierney

Pic of the Ferrari:

25. Scaff

Scaff Moderator

I'm fairly certain the target audience and sales targets didn't consist of one person.

• Pitstops - which you may not like, but plenty of people do and they form an integral part of many race series in reality
    • Tyre wear
    • Fuel Use
    • Damage
    • Race Weekends (practice, qualifying, etc)
    • The physics model required to actually make it a sim
    • UDP links
    • A whole load of options for FoV, etc
    • The ability to actually watch a replay after an event (and not then try and save it only to be told you don't have room)
    • League Racing Tools
    • A good number of tracks, event types and cars from PC2
    That's just off the top of my head.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  26. GTPVenomZombie

GTPVenomZombie

Do you have to then purchase the DLC cars in game to play them? Or do they go straight to your garage?

byoung likes this.
  27. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

For career mode, you have to purchase them. In every other mode, they are available instantly as loan cars.

GTPVenomZombie and byoung like this.
  28. Famine

Famine Administrator

*innocent whistle*

29. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted

That's one trophy out of the way. Now I just hope that the pace settler and hot lap events aren’t too difficult like the previous DLC.

30. davidt33

davidt33

Thank you.

cjr3559 likes this.