PS4 Project CARS almost unplayable (blurry image) PS4

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by bjosim, May 7, 2015.

1. BLACKNESS78

BLACKNESS78

I have a panasonic GT50 plasma and it makes no difference switching modes. I just hope they can patch an option to disable it soon. I want to enjoy the game until GT7 :) In the meantime I'll keep trying to play without sicking up...

DaveTheStalker, Brit999 and HAL20XX like this.
  2. Augusto Souza

Augusto Souza

Hi, friend. I had the same problem with my Sony TV HX855.
    I had to disable the MotionFlow option in the TV, and now the Project Cars looks much better.

Johnnypenso likes this.
  3. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

I think it would help if people mentioned what type of TV they have. Plasma, LCD, LED. MotionFlow is typically an LCD/LED feature related to 120HZ/240HZ refresh rates.

Brit999 likes this.
  4. ENGYPT

ENGYPT

But when we record a video (race replay for example) and export to youtube you could see also this effect in the computer. Why the problem is on the TV?

5. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

It exists on all screens when the output is from PS4. The difference is certain TVs make the issue more apparent than others. As a test, yesterday I moved my PS4 to a cheap Insignia LCD I have and fired up Project CARS. While ghosting was there, it blurred the gap between the ghosting images more than my plasma does, so the strain was much less on my eyes. On my plasma, there is a clear delineation between each ghosted image, which tricks my brain into thinking I've gone cross-eyed and my eyes furiously try to focus.

6. ENGYPT

ENGYPT

This is one video that i share in youtube to test the blur image . You coul see that the image is with a little blur effect.

HAL20XX likes this.
  7. Jeff Jones

Jeff Jones

Sharp Aquos LCD

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    HAL20XX likes this.
  8. Jeff Jones

Jeff Jones

This is on a Sharp Aquos 50" LCD non LED with game mode on, fast motion off.

Attached Files:

9. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

@Jeff Jones further proof that it's the type of display that makes the difference.

I've noticed that after about 20 minutes of racing time, my eyes start to adjust, but I'm waiting for the day of that slider being added because it's still a blurry mess, eyes adjusted or not.

Jeff Jones likes this.
  10. Jeff Jones

Jeff Jones

Also keep in mind my pics were captured via ps4 screenshot while paused during a replay. I'll post a pic later today of what I see in their 'photo mode' while the game is paused during a race. I get no ghosting while in replay mode when paused, but some while paused during the actual race.The photo mode in this game needs to be updated to something similar of what Driveclub has done with their game, with full free camera movement. It would make for some great pics.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  11. Jeff Jones

Jeff Jones

@HAL20XX, here's some ghosting I captured today. If I pause during a race or time trial, this is what I sometimes see but not always. I never see it while actually racing, but first noticed the ghosting with the captured photos that ps4 takes when earning trophies. 20150516151954.jpg 20150516152019.jpg

HAL20XX likes this.
  12. Mike_grpA

Mike_grpA

MotionFlow is Sony's name for Motion Interpolation, which pretty much all LCD TVs have these days. I also disabled it on my 55" Bravia a while ago, before I got pCARS, and all of my games looked sharper. I had my TV settings optimised for sharpness when gaming before pCARS came out, and I noticed immediately how nice it looks on my TV compared to my friend's, and I figured he must have had that stuff turned on on his TV, because the blur was so huge it made the game almost unplayable. I would still like the option to dial the blur down in game though. I wouldn't turn it right off, I would just reduce it to an acceptable level, as it does give the game a more natural look.

gtracedriver1 and Jeff Jones like this.
  13. aCuddlyteddy

aCuddlyteddy

That's because trophy captures are live gameplay not paused gameplay. You won't see the ghosting that everyone else are banging on about from paused stills.

I find it worse when watching replays than actually playing. Maybe because in replays cars tend to look like they are moving faster and different angles make it appear more.

Oh well I'm playing this on a Benq 120hz monitor because it wasn't as bad as my LG tv lol. Bring on the option to turn it off or dial it down. Can't wait.

Not really a game breaking problem for me.

Jeff Jones likes this.
  14. Graffen

Graffen

No BLURRY image update,no T500 update.Com on give us an update.Nerarly 2 weeks since game comes out.

gtracedriver1 likes this.
  15. RacerPaul

RacerPaul

I'm on X1 and it's problems are well documented. Bloody glad we don't have that blurry/ghosty stuff going on, that's horrible :ouch:

gtracedriver1 likes this.
  16. UkHardcore23

UkHardcore23

My Wife's sister played PCars here last night and it made her feel really sick with the blurring.

17. svenvangent

svenvangent

Have the same and makes me a bit dizzy .
    Hope Protectcars can fix it for PS4.

18. bjosim

bjosim Premium

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    svenvangent likes this.
  19. bjosim

bjosim Premium

[Deleted]

20. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

I've become somewhat adjusted to the blur in gameplay, but replays are basically unwatchable.

svenvangent likes this.