Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
Isnt the disc the most important part anyway? I highly doubt some drops of water on a plastic disc will effect the game at all. At most, the instructional manual might have gotten wet, and no one reads those anyway.
dlc codes written on them could have become unreadable

That'd be great! A couple guys thought they spotted a Bentley GT3 in the launch trailer. Maybe there will be some big surprises for us come release day.
I actually want to drive that Bentley GT3, but I doubt it'll be there day one. I don't think Slightly Mad would release a new car to run alongside the already-available contenders without community balance testing.

dlc codes written on them could have become unreadable
You da man:tup:

It’s not just the boxed PC copies that were affected, either; the game’s DLC codes (printed on paper) were ruined as well. So, yes, a storm caused physical damage to your ability to obtain digital goods.

Unfortunate having Project CARS being a victim of the recent Australian storms. :(

Anyways, look what I've got...

2015_05_04_21_05_39_Steam.png

Seems like I can't really wait for Project CARS...but I have to because it isn't Thursday yet!!!

I'm presuming Melbourne warehouse stock was unaffected ...lol. Ordered mine through JB-Hifi in Albury - delivery docket states my pre-order LE will be loaded from Melbourne warehouse by Australia Post 1 day prior to release. Not sure it will make it to my door tomorrow though. Fingers x'd. ;-)

Must say I haven't been this excited for a game releas in ages.
Too bad I have to work nights this week and during the help move oure office.

If you would've read the post in this link you'd know that even WMD members won't be able to play shortly before release. :P
Works fine for me. Just opened the game up.

And sorry I missed that bit. I am tired plus half way through an essay. Sorry.

I have a question regarding dual monitors: I play on a TV a few feet away and I am considering getting a second, much smaller monitor to be much closer to me for use with Photoshop and other PC apps that I need closer to me than the TV is. Would I be able to configure pCars to use this monitor without extending my view?

Maybe using it for live timings, pit strategies, track map or similar, is this something that can be done?

Yeah, don't know either why we still can play.
SMS said they'll make the switch from the dev branch to the release branch one day before release or so. So enjoy it while you still can, it won't last long any more. ;)

With permission of the Development Director, here is what he had to say about the 'Ghosting Issue':

It's not a bug. It's a side effect of the way we do AA on PS4, and is arguably a good thing (hear me out!). It's there, and very noticeable from static images of non-direct feed footage especially, but also undeniably in the game itself (mainly when paused). I spotted it and reported it as soon as it got checked in long ago (so we didn't "miss it" as many would have you believe).

However, I also "spotted" that the PS4 version has really lovely image quality, a very smooth and slightly soft (not low res!), "non-gamey" look, which is very natural, and (imo!) rather fantastic, due to this very clever AA approach. It also greatly minimises the distant "shimmer" you often see in console racing games, which is a side effect of low quality AA on thin vertical objects such as fences.

So yes, the ghosting effect is there, if you look hard enough. The advantages far outweigh this small disadvantage however. Notwithstanding that, if customer feedback demands it, we have a plan to add a UI slider in a future update, which will enable you to tune out the ghosting, at the expense of more aliasing and distant shimmer.

Nothing to do with Sony. It was SMS's decision to use this way of AA.

Read this:
Would you rather the game have no AA or one that shimmers? SMS have done the best they can with the abilities of the console. Until the instruction set in the GPU and its drivers change, there isn't an easy fix that would mean the best of both worlds.

Just tried my luck and called to DATART and asked, if they already have the game on stock..sady, they don´t. But You guys can try on your own..remember when GT5 came out early? I was one of the lucky few that got it from them like 4 days before the launch

So yes, the ghosting effect is there, if you look hard enough. The advantages far outweigh this small disadvantage however. Notwithstanding that, if customer feedback demands it, we have a plan to add a UI slider in a future update, which will enable you to tune out the ghosting, at the expense of more aliasing and distant shimmer.

l2lk4.jpg

;)

What about all the other games on PS4 that use different AA?
someone should've told From Software about AA techniques because Bloodborne is quite bad in places. but obviously it's a balancing act between performance and visual fidelity. sounds like SMS have gone for both and if the ghosting (which again caused me no distractions when I played it) is there to make everything else better then we should not complain. I'm not holding my breath on seeing that slider anytime soon though.

Latest Posts

Back