Project CARS - Logitech Wheels NOT Supported on PS4

• Thread starter biffdiver
  • 2,132 comments
@VBR guess you can't blame Sony then, they did allow Thrustmaster and Fanatec to use their legacy wheels & components.

Logitech hoodwinked us. Hoodwinked us badly.

Sadly for me instead of rebelling, I can't afford a Thrustmaster or Fanatec wheel here. Way too pricey and the G29 is the cheapest. Plus I want a wheel because of the amount of driving games I'm buying for the PS4. I have considered the option to go PC but allas for me it's not viable.

So despite the hoodwinking, some of us I imagine aren't really in a position to complain. Mainly because that's all we can get now.

If the G29 does get cheaper or Logitech gets some sense back into their heads then I may get a G29.

@VBR guess you can't blame Sony then, they did allow Thrustmaster and Fanatec to use their legacy wheels & components.

Logitech hoodwinked us. Hoodwinked us badly.

Sadly for me instead of rebelling, I can't afford a Thrustmaster or Fanatec wheel here. Way too pricey and the G29 is the cheapest. Plus I want a wheel because of the amount of driving games I'm buying for the PS4. I have considered the option to go PC but allas for me it's not viable.

So despite the hoodwinking, some of us I imagine aren't really in a position to complain. Mainly because that's all we can get now.

If the G29 does get cheaper or Logitech gets some sense back into their heads then I may get a G29.

Can you not get a Thrustmaster T150 (when it's released) in SA?

EDIT: Looks as if you can't...

Can you not get a Thrustmaster T150 (when it's released) in SA?

I dunno if it's gonna be released in SA. It's already a mission to find a T300RS along with the components. A few people import but it's pricey.The T150 may be sold here officially as was the T80 was sold at some point. I see them now and again.

T500RS's were officiallt sold here but they weren't very common. I could find a used one but I may be left without a shifter which I may have to import or I'll find a local one. That's a possibility.

That's just what I've seen.

Plus after some messing around with exchange rates, sure I can get the T150 for cheaper but that's just as the base package alone. If I want the pedals and the shifter I'll have to fork out another +-R5000 to have the full kit, whereas with the G29 I'll have everything because I'll use the shifter from my old G27.

Not only that but I have a WheelStandPro. Apparently the T150 doesn't have hardmount points but has a deskmount of which I'm unsure will fit on the Wsp.

Buying the G29 would feel like a sin but what can I do. Plus I wanted to review it.

So it's a mixed bag really. I don't know why companies want to make it so hard on the consumer.

This is why I praised Logitech back in the day because they made everything simple for everyone hence why their wheels were so famous. That's in my eyes.

I dunno if it's gonna be released in SA. It's already a mission to find a T300RS along with the components. A few people import but it's pricey.The T150 may be sold here officially as was the T80 was sold at some point. I see them now and again.

T500RS's were officiallt sold here but they weren't very common. I could find a used one but I may be left without a shifter which I may have to import or I'll find a local one. That's a possibility.

Plus after some messing around with exchange rates, sure I can get the T150 for cheaper but that's just as the base package alone. If I want the pedals and the shifter I'll have to fork out another +-R5000 to have the full kit, whereas with the G29 I'll have everything because I'll use the shifter from my old G27.

Not only that but I have a WheelStandPro. Apparently the T150 doesn't have hardmount points but has a deskmount of which I'm unsure will fit on the Wsp.

Buying the G29 would feel like a sin but what can I do. Plus I wanted to review it.

So it's a mixed bag really. I don't know why companies want to make it so hard on the consumer.

This is why I praised Logitech back in the day because they made everything simple for everyone hence why their wheels were so famous. That's in my eyes.

All very good and reasonable points. The last thing I would want to do is give Logitech full price for their rehashed G27, but as I'm currently in the US, I have no idea the hoops you have to jump through to get gear in Africa and South America especially.

Good luck, hope you're up and running soon and without too much collateral damage!

At least you have done everything you could to protest Logitech, But if no other options are available, we have to keep rolling and racing, good luck, and see you on the grid.:cheers:

Thanks chaps :) I shall soldier on!

I did some searching now and it's been announced that the T150 will be available next month here. However there's an issue with price. In the US you'll pay $200 whereas here in SA right now, I'll pay $350. Blame the weak Rand :grumpy:

Another online store (loot.co.za if my fellow locals would like to know.) now sells the T300RS but they're always out of stock, even with the Thrustmaster ecosystem peripherals. Funny enough, the G27 is always in stock :confused:

To add to that, The G29 is supposedly going to go for $500 locally, which is more affordable in my case. I'll try and get the official price at a Games expo next week.

So it seems Thrustmaster is now making more of a presence in SA but is merely taking babysteps.

Annnnnnnnnd I think I've been proven wrong about the T150, it's mounted to a WSP. Y u lie to my face ISR?!?!

In my case it seems to be a half-brainer, better to just go with the G29.:ouch: the melancholy....

Annnnnnnnnd I think I've been proven wrong about the T150, it's mounted to a WSP. Y u lie to my face ISR?!?!

How did they miss that after catching the mistake about the pedals??

EDIT: I guess they didn't miss it after all...

Last edited:
You know what is really going to piss me off (besides no one caring to make the G25/27 work on ps4) will be if somehow Kaz comes through and makes g27 work with gt7 on ps4. Well that would actually make me happy except if I get rid of my almost new perfectly fine g27 and spend too much on a new wheel when mine suits me just fine.

Just try find a used set of csps cheap, and get an adapter to use them on the T300. Shouldn't cost any more than a set of T3pa pros, and will be way better.

Just caved and bought a T300RS, couldn't have PCARS sitting on my shelf for much longer due to not having a wheel. I have to say, I don't feel too bad about buying the new wheel. It's way way ahead of the G27 in terms of feel. The pedals are awful but they'll be replaced soon. Every cloud...

You can get an adapter and use your G27 pedals. Was going to do that with my G25 pedals but the crappy T300 pedals are still going strong after 8 months with just as much spring tension as those on the G25 - no mods.

Well. I was at my local games expo yesterday and had a go with a G29, G920 and a G27 for comparison. Okay it wasn't really a great comparison because I couldn't use my own settings but hey.

To me, from the G27 the G29 is slightly different, SLIGHTLY.

What surprised me though is that the G29 is about R200 more expensive than the G27 here in SA (G27 = R4800 +-, G29 = R5000) however the G29 lacks the shifter which is R800.

In my case, I'm honestly better off buying a G29 and recycling my old G27 shifter.
I'll pony up some cash by selling my spare G27.

The funny thing is Thrustmaster didn't even officially make a presence at this expo And I only saw 1 TX wheel for a competition . I guess the market in SA isn't big enough for them however they could have marketed the T150 as competition for the G29. Your loss Thrustmaster.

Well, even though I loathe Logitech for the recent happenings, I guess I can't really complain because the G29 is all I can get.

@TayeezSA - The G29 is a great entry level wheel, just like the G27 is. Not got much against the tech, just the ridiculous price & despicable marketing from Dogitech; & no that's not a type-o! If that's all you can get because of your local situation, nobody's gonna berate you for it. All the best with whatever you decide to do.

:)

Good news!
There is converter to use old wheels with PS4:
http://www.brookaccessory.com/Super Converters/list.html

Currently, only G27 is supported and only in gamepad mode. I've contacted manufacturer. They've said they will add full wheel support soon. Also they will add support for DFGT wheel as well.

The most exciting thing about this converter, is you don't need to plug PS4 gamepad as you have to do with other similar converters.
May be not so important, but still good that you can use PS3 gamepad through this converter wirelessly. So, can partyplay some games without need to buy second PS4 gamepad :)

Good news!
There is converter to use old wheels with PS4:
http://www.brookaccessory.com/Super Converters/list.html

Currently, only G27 is supported and only in gamepad mode. I've contacted manufacturer. They've said they will add full wheel support soon. Also they will add support for DFGT wheel as well.

The most exciting thing about this converter, is you don't need to plug PS4 gamepad as you have to do with other similar converters.
May be not so important, but still good that you can use PS3 gamepad through this converter wirelessly. So, can partyplay some games without need to buy second PS4 gamepad :)

I believe it is for Non Force Feedback Wheels as depicted in the picture, but I doubt very seriously that it will work FFB, there has already been a couple that claimed the same thing, but didn't work, and had a ton of lag, (Which Is A BIG NO NO in Sim Racing). Guys just get over it and move on, there is is no way around it, You will have to but A G29 or Thrustmaster T150 or T300 if you want FFB in Next PS4 Sim Racing. If it really works there would have been video on Youtube proving it really works, I would have to see it work to believe it.:indiff:.

Last edited:
I believe it is for Non Force Feedback Wheels as depicted in the picture, but I doubt very seriously that it will work FFB, there has already been a couple that claimed the same thing, but didn't work, and had a ton of lag, (Which Is A BIG NO NO in Sim Racing). Guys just get over it and move on, there is is no way around it, You will have to but A G29 or Thrustmaster T150 or T300 if you want FFB in Next PS4 Sim Racing. If it really work there would have been video proving it really works, I would have to see it work to believe it.:indiff:.
Sounds like a true PS4 G29 etc. Marketing.

yeah.. not gonna happen.. i allready have a g29 (with a few less buttons) . it's called g25.
logitech won't see a penny from me after all their lies.
i'm looking for some used parts right now. 20-30€ is much better than buying a new wheel.
Well buy a Thrustmaster, the G series, all of them, aren't even close to the 300.

yeah.. not gonna happen.. i allready have a g29 (with a few less buttons) . it's called g25.
logitech won't see a penny from me after all their lies.
i'm looking for some used parts right now. 20-30€ is much better than buying a new wheel.

Well buy a Thrustmaster, the G series, all of them, aren't even close to the 300.

Or .. buy a T150 and use an adapter to use the logitech G25 pedals. - There are other options.

Back