Project CARS release date moves to May 2015

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 751 comments
It's official. The release has been delayed, again:
Slightly Mad Studios and BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe S.A.S today announced that Project CARS will be available for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC mid-May 2015.

The shift of the release date is due to the team’s continued dedication to polishing the game, players can look forward to some additional free content as compensation for this short delay.

“Despite our long heritage and pedigree in making critically-acclaimed racing games, Project CARS is by far the grandest and most intricately detailed of them all. Despite therefore the game being 99.9% complete, the remaining 0.1% attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate. We’re absolutely dedicated to delivering a ground-breaking experience and by targeting mid-May fans can be assured that’s what they’ll receive” said Ian Bell, Head of Studioat Slightly Mad Studios.

“Again, we want to thank our fans for their support and patience on this matter. There’s a high expectancy from racing fans around the world that Project CARS is going to be an exciting new contender in the simulation racing space and we firmly believe gamers deserve it to be in its most complete and polished state when they come to play it on day one. And since the gaming community is our primary focus and has always been at the heart of the project during development, we would like to offer some free content to all players as compensation for this short delay and as acknowledgement of how grateful we are. This gift, that we’re sure is going to excite fans, will be available from day one and revealed shortly. Keep an eye on our website for more info.”

Project CARS will be coming to the Playstation 4, Xbox One & PC, starting mid-May.
http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-release-date-moves-to-may-2015/

Last edited:
I'm not going to have an angry rant. That's pointless.

However, why state a two week delay if that's not really enough time?... clearly this was the case. I'd rather they have stated nothing at all, then announce a 2 month delay... rather than "oh give us a little more time then you can have it..." then later say this. It's more annoying than anything.

However, why state a two week delay if that's not really enough time... clearly this was the case. I'd rather they have stated nothing at all, then announce a 2 month delay... rather than "oh give us a little more time then you can have it..." then later say this. It's more annoying than anything.

I have a theory that they didn't get those 2 tracks licensed that are still in negotiation. It seemed like they were going to get it, but maybe those guys changed the conditions on them in the last second. At least that's my guess.

However, why state a two week delay if that's not really enough time... clearly this was the case. I'd rather they have stated nothing at all, then announce a 2 month delay... rather than "oh give us a little more time then you can have it..." then later say this. It's more annoying than anything.
yes and it's not like Bamco probably care too much either seeing as their huge PS4 exclusive comes out March 27th

I have a theory that they didn't get those 2 tracks licensed that are still in negotiation. It seemed like they were going to get it, but maybe those guys changed the conditions on them in the last second. At least that's my guess.
I'd be fuming if this was the case... tracks can be added.

Im sure almost everybody would be completely content without two tracks at release. I doubt they would delay it for another month just for two tracks and "polishing". But what the hey, you would know more than me.

However, why state a two week delay if that's not really enough time?... clearly this was the case. I'd rather they have stated nothing at all, then announce a 2 month delay... rather than "oh give us a little more time then you can have it..." then later say this. It's more annoying than anything.

True. Bad PR. The should of said release in the second quarter 2015.

Im sure almost everybody would be completely content without two tracks at release. I doubt they would delay it for another month just for two tracks and "polishing". But what the hey, you would know more than me.
In this matter I actually don't. Like I said, just as surprised as you guys.

Although they did start working on a couple of new cars and tracks just recently, so maybe this is what the additional free content will be. I know everyone is upset, even me a bit too, but I guess we will get a better game in the end. Maybe they will add a few of the features to the game too, who knows.

The problem with that is that they'll need to rework the entire career mode most probably

Last delay was disappointing but acceptable. Just getting stupid now. Anticipation is just a heel when it's constantly rewarded with let down. I'll pick it up if I see it on a shelf some day but won't bother looking forward to it any more. Glad I didn't go straight ahead and splurge on that wheel.

To keep delaying a release date is simply not on. Give yourself a deadline, or don't. Have a delay if really needed, but give us proper reasons.

However, don't keep the fans on a train with no end. It's not cool.

'Polishing' tells the fans nothing. Please give the fans a reason for the delay... otherwise the annoyance builds further.

It's 2014 all over again. So many games had to get delayed last year and some were buggy on release. Lets just hope that this game won't end up having a ton of glitches and bugs (or framerate issues).

This time round I'm not happy. Other games were way less than 99% ready at release, that didn't stop them. We're not expecting perfection, especially as we know the game will be actively maintained for a long time.

Bad move.

I guess PD has just given me thick skin over the years. Of course that makes me wonder, is it worse to delay it once for a long time (al la PD), or do a bunch of smaller delays?

Jerome

Back