Project CARS release date moves to May 2015

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 751 comments
This game is going to be buggy regardless, because every game is. At this point, give me the buggy game in April ffs. Last time I schedule time off of work for a game though, learned my lesson the hard way. Why keep announcing dates if you can't stick to them? Same thing goes for GTA on PC.
You took time off work for a computer game? Wow...

For those of us who own the game (since October 2011) is not a problem but for the ones that have no idea why this is happening is all because of the licences (they are trying to get them but is not as easy to get them in time, they have to sign contracts and need to approve a lot of content, etc) and of course the game needs some more polishing in some areas.

I like the game more and more with each build (and we get new ones each day), I can assure that it will be fun to play and great to race with it.

Be patient. ;)
That and also when we say 60fps we mean a consistent 60fps.
Although Sony and Microsoft won't say it their new consoles weren't the jump in performance every one was expecting.

swg
Like I said, a company that "follows through with their product and fixes them quickly and successfully." BF4 falls into the category with codemasters F1 of, lets release this garbage and then completely fail to follow through and support it. Given SMS's apparent desire to get things right I don't see them falling into that same category and would be much more comfortable going ahead and accepting something they dont consider ready as opposed to something PD or CM thinks is ready to ship. From what the testers and video makers here on these forums have produced alone I have confidence that "polish" wise PCars is ready for the market. The question is, what is REALLY responsible for the delay. Just tossing out the basket response of "a finished product is a good product" just doesn't cover every situation and every delay.

I think you've missed my last part of that paragraph where i state that waiting for a stable release is preferable to playing a broken game. And the part where i state my grievance isn't with the actual state of the game. But with the communication given back and forth.

This time yesterday, they were plugging pre-orders on all their accounts FOR April 2nd/7th. Today... Large delay announced. If a delay was in the works, you'd think they would hold off putting dates on something 12 hours before wiping the board clean.

You're getting upset at the release of a computer game...
And you probably get upset when you stub your toe. Neither is any bigger of a deal nor should you make the mistake of confusing legitimate disappointment with being "upset." For some people who may have already dropped hundreds of $ on peripherals and such specifically in anticipation of a title, dang right they have reason to be upset. If I'd dug into my account for a wheel this week only to hear this on monday I'd be right there with them. Luckily for me this was made public before this weekend and so I simply stand disappointed.

Luckily AC's dream pack got released today, so no big deal for me although i do feel for the console owners.
In all honesty i prefer half a year's delay (from the original November date), then SMS releasing a half arsed, unfinished game which needs 2 years for it to have all the promised features ;)

Come May it will be a great summer 👍

It seems this go round there not making a firm commitment "be available for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC mid-May 2015", could be another delay beyond that one. Even as a WMD member, a bit in the dark with whats going on with the consoles, which seems to be the cause of the delay.

You took time off work for a computer game? Wow...
We get it slim, you are too cool for all us gaming geeks who enjoy games. Why is it a naive concept to take time off work to do something you enjoy for a while? It makes a ton more sense than doing so to sit and watch daytime TV. You get holidays for a reason, I'm pretty sure nobody cares if you disapprove of how people spend their hard earned holidays.

swg
And you probably get upset when you stub your toe. Neither is any bigger of a deal nor should you make the mistake of confusing legitimate disappointment with being "upset." For some people who may have already dropped hundreds of $ on peripherals and such specifically in anticipation of a title, dang right they have reason to be upset. If I'd dug into my account for a wheel this week only to hear this on monday I'd be right there with them. Luckily for me this was made public before this weekend and so I simply stand disappointed.
What they should probably do is realise the insignificance of a minor delay of a computer game and feel lucky that they are in such a position that they can afford to spend a great deal of money getting ready for a game. But maybe that's just me?!

I did spent around 500 euro on equipment. I am upset right now just because I can't wait to play it.
But I'll go for the champions league match tonight and tomorrow the sun will raise again. It's a game!! A game!!! I hope/I'm pretty sure it's worth the wait.
And my life isn't affected by a game delay at all. ;)

Anyone tried the AC dream pack yet? First thing i saw was a rotating back tire while my car was parked on the parking place @nords, horrible looking fog and headlights that didn't....light anything up.

poking fun at people who are invested in computer games...
I think the only ones invested in this game are us WMD members (unless it means something I am not aware of as a non-native English speaker). ;)

That said, taking days off for a game is one thing, but taking days off for a game that hasn't been released yet is another...

It seems this go round there not making a firm commitment "be available for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC mid-May 2015", could be another delay beyond that one. Even as a WMD member, a bit in the dark with whats going on with the consoles, which seems to be the cause of the delay.
If the consoles are the issue, then even as a console user I say give it to the PC guys. I'd rather drool about what they've got and look forward to getting it eventually than watch them make themselves look bad and lose the confidence of their potential consumer base. Not to mention changes and fixes that may come about by the time we get it as a result of the PC guys beta testing it for us. :)

We get it slim, you are too cool for all us gaming geeks who enjoy games. Why is it a naive concept to take time off work to do something you enjoy for a while? It makes a ton more sense than doing so to sit and watch daytime TV. You get holidays for a reason, I'm pretty sure nobody cares if you disapprove of how people spend their hard earned holidays.
I'm probably a bigger gaming geek than the majority of you, have been since I first spent 20 mins loading a game from tape on an acorn electron (I wonder how some carrying on like they are in here would react back then when 20% of the time the game wouldn't load and you'd have to do it all again). However, taking time of work when you know there is a chance of a delay, especially considering the game has been delayed before, it just plain dumb.

I did spent around 500 euro on equipment. I am upset right now just because I can't wait to play it.
But I'll go for the champions league match tonight and tomorrow the sun will raise again. It's a game!! A game!!! I hope/I'm pretty sure it's worth the wait.
You called it though:
trophy-smiley-emoticon-emoji.png

The console versions do look unpolished to be fair, but how long will it be before fans cry "Vapourware!"? With a community-assisted business model that is a first for console games, it seems like SMS has bitten off more than they can chew.

You think that RIDE also by BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc. and developer Milestone, being released March 20th is more important at the moment?

Anyone tried the AC dream pack yet? First thing i saw was a rotating back tire while my car was parked on the parking place @nords, horrible looking fog and headlights that didn't....light anything up.
It's released though :D

Glad you feel that way. Unfortunately though for every person who see's it the way you do another probably see's it as slippery slope leading to another year of delays when they could have used the money on something that might have been more important or certainly more useful for that year.

The console versions do look unpolished to be fair, but how long will it be before fans cry "Vapourware!"? With a community-assisted business model that is a first for console games, it seems like SMS has bitten off more than they can chew.

This. Though I don't necessarily think it's the case, others are certainly going to start thinking so.

More time to save $$ and look for deals on the T300 wheel. At this rate I maybe getting the T300 when one of the rally games comes out for PS4 which would be fine with me.

Anyways, I am ok with it. I want the game done right, and it appears they are trying to do that.. just the multiple short delays is a bit odd. I have plenty of other things to do.

You're on a website dedicated to a computer game. In a section of it's forums dedicated to another computer game... poking fun at people who are invested in computer games...

Which is sadder?
I think it's abundantly clear which is sadder....

I think the only ones invested in this game are us WMD members (unless it means something I am not aware of as a non-native English speaker). ;)

You can be emotionally invested in something, which means you've basically jumped on the hype train and it hurts when it derails.

You can be emotionally invested in something, which means you've basically jumped on the hype train and it hurts when it derails.

Thanks, I was not aware of that saying. 👍 And I think especially the WMD members can relate to that. Imagine this from our end, being confronted with a delay of this magnitude with no information or background to share with you guys. We definitely feel your disappointment. 👍

Back