Project CARS Revolution is "200% Better Already" Than Project CARS 2

Why would PC3 (R) be "arcady" if PC2 had no element of arcade to it? Why would they step back from what they are doing good? You want arcade then Gran Turismo exists but personally I don't want a thing to be remotely arcade in the title.
The fun I have is the realistic racing experience. In having that fun I use a T300rs because I enjoy the realism and immersion. Don't care what a controller will feel like and will never use one but I understand how that will be good for sales if they are getting the feeling better from PC2.

Ian has said nothing that suggests they're dumbing down the simulation. "Fun" isn't code for "arcade-style handling".

It's silly how simulators have been a dry experience for so long -- and more imaginative sims like Gran Turismo have stagnated on realism for so long -- that simply saying you intend to make the next game more fun to play automatically evokes fears that it won't be as realistic. How about both, for freakin' once?

He has actually said the simulation aspect will be better than PC2.

He also said PC3 would be less sandbox and mentioned Shift (which had a more structured career). So my betting is on a more fun career mode, plus even more realistic physics, better AI and (hopefully) more relaxed track limits with a less frustrating slowdown penalty system.

About 200% ;
Hope to have a new engine, new code, new game, new asset with HD textures, dust in windscreen, real light everywhere in cars (inside/outside, reflections), punctures, real contact and sensation with ground and realistic/very good rumble/ffb.
So, 200% is less than players expect i think. For me, Revolution would be until 350-450%

in that way, devs will be communicate small information when they have something to show.

@IanBell said "Announcement coming soon"... remember me "SMSoon". nothing new here.

About 200% ;
Hope to have a new engine, new code, new game, new asset with HD textures, dust in windscreen, real light everywhere in cars (inside/outside, reflections), punctures, real contact and sensation with ground and realistic/very good rumble/ffb.
So, 200% is less than players expect i think. For me, Revolution would be until 350-450%

in that way, devs will be communicate small information when they have something to show.

@IanBell said "Announcement coming soon"... remember me "SMSoon". nothing new here.

I can't give you real light sorry. We're shipping this on computers... Aside from that I think you'll be happy :)

I can't give you real light sorry. We're shipping this on computers... Aside from that I think you'll be happy :)

Ian - lovely to see you on the forum again invigorating and energising this place!

Please more classic and historic car content - but not randomly thrown in like other games - planned, logical and usable for racing and championships. For example on this thread someone made a request for pre-WW2 race cars - yes please, but if possible pick cars which raced before and after WW2 - e.g. Alfa Romeo 158 and ERA (English Racing Automobiles) - these were built for the pre-war Voiturette class, but kept on racing for many years as that class became the GP class after the war (1.5 litres supercharged and 4.5 litres naturally aspirated). I dream of a grid of Alfa 158/9's, Ferrari 375's, ERA's, Gordinis and BRM V16's. PS Bernie Ecclestone has examples of each in his personal collection - you two should be on first name terms!

Current historic track and car content is class leading - please make it even better Ian !

Ian - lovely to see you on the forum again invigorating and energising this place!

Please more classic and historic car content - but not randomly thrown in like other games - planned, logical and usable for racing and championships. For example on this thread someone made a request for pre-WW2 race cars - yes please, but if possible pick cars which raced before and after WW2 - e.g. Alfa Romeo 158 and ERA (English Racing Automobiles) - these were built for the pre-war Voiturette class, but kept on racing for many years as that class became the GP class after the war (1.5 litres supercharged and 4.5 litres naturally aspirated). I dream of a grid of Alfa 158/9's, Ferrari 375's, ERA's, Gordinis and BRM V16's. PS Bernie Ecclestone has examples of each in his personal collection - you two should be on first name terms!

Current historic track and car content is class leading - please make it even better Ian !

Bernie is too poor for me. His daughters look fine though so I tolerate him.

I'd like to have more carnage in the game. AI crashing into each other and spinning out, the ability to nudge an opponent and see them sprawling off the track. Basically have the AI less rigidly stuck to the tarmac so the potential for epic spins and crashes is there. Airborne/off track physics seems to have taken a bit of a back seat in the previous 2 games, would add a bit more realism/immersion/spectacle to races.

I know on the forum it seems that everyone races in organized races, but i'd love something better for "casual" online:
in pCars2 i got quite tired by alwys doing red bull ring/monza in GT3 cars, i would love something like a "quick join lobby" with some game-generated car/track combo (maybe based on some rules to avoid non-appropriate tracks), where a race starts every time it has at least 16 players and another one gets generated.

I'd always prefer joining something like this than having to manually look for the only lobby without GT3 cars only to find out it's password-locked or already started.

EDIT: and the game says my favourite car is the ferrari gt3, so it's not like i hate them, i'd just like to sometimes race some of the other wonderfull car classes

Don’t get me wrong I like PC2 the way it is, but why do I have a hunch part of the new increased fun factor will be ditching the classical music and jazzing up the menus.

Please keep dynamic weather and time. Don’t ever take that away please.

Don’t get me wrong I like PC2 the way it is, but why do I have a hunch part of the new increased fun factor will be ditching the classical music and jazzing up the menus.
I wouldn't mind more (non-licensed) music. I don't know why SMS hasn't had Stephen Baysted compose any racing themes. Some of my favorite videogame OSTs are from racing games; I commonly play those MP3s for driving in games without music, like PCARS2, or in games with a licensed soundtrack that becomes grating after one week. :)

Of course, SMS could include a toggle in the volume menu to disable in-race music for those who think it's sacrilege of the highest order.

Also, seeing your twitter you mention the choice between rally or GT legends 2.
Apart from stressing how much we'd need a new real rally sim and how good your rallycross was, i wanted to know if after this acquisition, with bigger budgets, you may be able to include some rally content in PCR and/or proceed with those separate projects without a crowdfunding (even if, after WMD1 and 2, i'd love to join the third too)

what in gts is being simulated like in real cars ? what aspects of a vehicle does gts model as far as physics ?
Certain aspects of suspension and damping and the when taking corners as well as the car behaviour when they load the tyres. Here goes nothing.

The last Gran Turismo is not a bad game at all physics wise regardless so many folks like to trash talk it. And I don't play it so you may count me out as a GT fanatic.

One of its many despicable flaws given the golden era of simulators we have been enjoying is that of the absolute smooth tarmac feeling across its entire track roster. I can agree on that one, but the physics have improved a bit imho. It's not that bad.

@IanBell probably worked it out scientifically to be 194.5% better but just rounded it up to make it look better.
On the official box marking marketing Mumbo-Jumbo scale 194.5% would class it as "New Improved". 200% raises it up to the "Best Ever" category, so it's well worth rounding up. ;)

Last edited:
point is.

Industry needs:

More pepople like Bell. Reason?, I will fail him for not saying It's just his balls. But I won't fail him never again. It's of course that, but the bravery too of running a business. I already feel I have just said why we racing fans need an Ian Bell. That's it. People whio push forward, because they are alive. Props Mr. Bell always, seriously.

The next should be someone like Aris, form ssetto corsa. Aris I'm sure is one of the brightest /more open minds in the sim game creation/development. And know you get it. That guy gotta be the most intelligentm, smart, sentient guy in what it comes to physcis recreation. And yes this is the negative, but of course the positive. too. He's supposed to be the one mastermind at applying equations and mathematical stuff at the simulationl BUt mean this is the kicker I just dont get the hang of it. I know te should be the one and the only, but I still prefewr Project Cars 2 physics in most ot the clsses. That would it all, in this sate of mine. I should oprefer Aris model because of the mathematical approach, but I still prefer Bell's warcry at tyres. Man street cars rock in pc2.Period. Aris, yours..., just some of tyhem. Why?

And then there would be raveroom. I lov4 its simplistic almost non existent tyre model but the game still feels good right?, of course i'm not even menaning anything towards the €€€. Racerrom is good right. Yeah that's it i hate ac/acc tyre model, when Mr Aris is behind of that. Why do I hate It and always return to PC2?

I hope this is the ultimate peace united sim community.

Just remeber. Even GT spot is good.

Bell I'm sure you're gonna rovk it man.

Lookking forward best sales ever.

We need more people like you and Aris and MrBell. That is the truth

Last edited:
Yeah that's it i hate ac/acc tyre model, when Mr Aris is behind of that. Why do I hate It and always return to PC2?

You hate the new 5 point tire model in Competizione? This I cannot comprehend, it's quite staggering how good it feels to me.
Again with Assetto Corsa, feels incredible on my Fanatec.

I have more time into Project Cars (excluding rFactor 2) than others for two reasons, immersion and optimization. I don't think any other sim has created such a vibrant and intense feeling of being on track, especially in VR. You generally must have a decent PC to hit 90fps+ in VR, I run afterburner and easily get those numbers GPU steady at 99% and the CPU stays nice and cool.
ACC looks very good, feels very good, I don't know if it's bad optimization or UE4 itself but it turns my PC into an oven so I don't run it much.

I doubt that. Seeing as I'm sure Stephen Baysted isn't going to be done anytime soon. And I think he's the main sound guy in general. We'll probably see a different design in many areas because there's a different group of people from Evo Studios/OnRush coming in.

@fernandito We're all in support of Ian, what he needs is a publisher that allows him time and systems that provide them with the necessary power. I have all faith in Ian and SMS. A proper racing sim on launch at PS5 and I would pre order both immediately

You hate the new 5 point tire model in Competizione? This I cannot comprehend, it's quite staggering how good it feels to me.
Again with Assetto Corsa, feels incredible on my Fanatec.

I have more time into Project Cars (excluding rFactor 2) than others for two reasons, immersion and optimization. I don't think any other sim has created such a vibrant and intense feeling of being on track, especially in VR. You generally must have a decent PC to hit 90fps+ in VR, I run afterburner and easily get those numbers GPU steady at 99% and the CPU stays nice and cool.
ACC looks very good, feels very good, I don't know if it's bad optimization or UE4 itself but it turns my PC into an oven so I don't run it much.

5 point tire model isn't implemented yet in ACC, or did I miss an update in the past few days?

Back