Project CARS vs real life cars performance

• Thread starter dyr_gl
  • 36 comments
I saw a two minute flat lap of Bathurst by the McLaren GT3 car at the Liqui Molly 24 (I think 24 hr) race in 2015. This was during the race in traffic. Everyone covering the race seemed to think that was a otherworldly lap even in qualifying.

It was indeed the 2014 Liqui Moly 12 won by Mika Salo in a Ferrari 458 GT3 Car.
However, it was Shane Van Gisbergen driving the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 with fastest time during the race; 2:03.8506
I don't think there is any uncut in car video of that lap. Trying to find on board video from one of his qualifying laps.
You can find the race on the web. Van Gisbergen spent most of the race driving like a mad man.

Moar!! This time I did it for the McLaren MP4-12C.

Sweet. I am still on the lookout for any cockpit timed lap videos featuring real life cars found in PCars.
As I find them I'll pass you the links. You were right, timed laps with driver views and time are hard to find.
And if you do find some, the video is awful.

I wish someone would create that livery for PCars. That is killer.

Sweet. I am still on the lookout for any cockpit timed lap videos featuring real life cars found in PCars.
As I find them I'll pass you the links. You were right, timed laps with driver views and time are hard to find.
And if you do find some, the video is awful.

I wish someone would create that livery for PCars. That is killer.

By all means do mate. Especially interested in LMP1 footage :cheers:

Back