Project CARS | What version do you plan to get?

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 373 comments

What version do you plan to get?

• PC

Votes: 142 27.9%
  • PS4

Votes: 318 62.5%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 40 7.9%
  • Wii U

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • All of the above

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters
Australia
Central Coast, NSW
EelX 5
With 4 versions coming out (PC, PS4, Xbox One and Wii U). If you plan to get this game. What version would you buy?

I would buy the Wii U version. It might be the more simpler version of the bunch but I can't see myself with other versions. It would likely be the only game I play on Xbox One and PS4 (besides Ratchet and Clank and a tiny other games) and I'm not ready for a PC (mainly because I can't afford one).

I will probably be getting the PS4 version to start with. Simply because I'll need to either build a PC or buy a PS4, or both. The PS4 will be cheaper than building a decent/top end PC.

Big plans, no money.

Voted PC but i've learned to wait and see regarding hardware/software, so who knows what i might end up with.
Fact of the matter is i'm currently playing 4 racing games, and for 3 of them i did not even get halfway yet so there is time enough to stay current gen and have fun, and make the step eventually when everything will be a lot cheaper and the pro's and contra's will be much clearer 👍

Wii U, and possibly the PC version later.

Racing games are the only reason I ever needed a Sony/MS console, so if SMS can deliver an excellent console sim on the Wii U, I shouldn't need anything else. Games that aren't Gran Turismo or Forza tend to be multiplatform, which means there will be PC versions, if not Wii U versions. My PC isn't powerful enough for any of the latest super-duper-graphics games, but I can always upgrade.

Id like to go with PS4 since my PC is old.
But if PS4 doesnt support DFGT i dont know what ill do.
That's why it's wise to wait until we know for sure. Wheel incompatibility is the main reason to switch to PC for me as i'm tired of these money grabbing policies. Our wheels are perfectly fine so we shouldn't have to throw them away just because console makers dictate so.

PC. I'm not going to buy a PS4. Only have a power supply, case and blu ray drive right now but by the time it releases I will have completed the build.

That's why it's wise to wait until we know for sure. Wheel incompatibility is the main reason to switch to PC for me as i'm tired of these money grabbing policies. Our wheels are perfectly fine so we shouldn't have to throw them away just because console makers dictate so.
With regard to wheel support, it all depends on the developer of the game. Polophony Digital supported PS2 wheels on GT5 and continued with that support in GT6.
Only time will tell whether our DFGT wheels will be compatible with the PS4.
All we can do is hope for the best.

With regard to wheel support, it all depends on the developer of the game. Polophony Digital supported PS2 wheels on GT5 and continued with that support in GT6.
Only time will tell whether our DFGT wheels will be compatible with the PS4.
All we can do is hope for the best.
If my fanatec would still work, i might just take the lazy option and get a PS4 ;)

If I could vote twice I'd say PC and PS4. I have the PC version already (which is what I voted for), and I don't have a PS4 yet but when I do have one I'll need a racing game on it, and until GT7 is with us that game will be pCARS.

Trust me my friend. You won't regret it, especially when pCARS comes in. :)
Sony will regret it if the PS4 isn't compatible! :D

Wii U. :DNot interested in other consoles at the moment.
Haven't followed Nintendo for years, so to be honest i don't know anything about the Wii U, but i'm thinking a current gen kids console no? Is it powerful enough to handle PCARS?

Last edited:
Back