Prologue is really a - Prologue

• Thread starter amar212
  • 38 comments
When you say penalty system do you mean theres going to be flags. I hope not because on games with flags I always get blacked flagged:banghead:

No it's a 10 second speed limit for hitting cars and walls too hard, it's pretty forgiving so you have to be deliberately hitting them really, although a heavy spin into the walls can result in it.

It makes the feel a bit more arcadey, and you really see that GT's roots aren't exactly sim oriented. But i suppose it makes an easy penalty system as long as its properly implemented.

They could do better, the car should get destabilised when hitting an obstacle. That's implemented very realistically in Grand Prix Legends, a game dated 1997 ...

It makes that you take care not to hit a wall in Monaco in GPL :eek:

Has anyone noticed the horrible jaggies and slowdown on some sections of the new york track? It tends only to happen when a whole bunch of cars are on screen but it looks bloody awfull and i've noticed some cars seem to be missing polygons, one example is the viper sometimes you can sort of see gaps inbetween the hood or the rear of the car. I sure hope that the final version of GT4 isn't like that.

I noticed the jagged edges too. I really hope this is a very rough version of the courses. The graphics are not polished at all...the colors are better though. Black is black, not gray. The physics engine is also much better. Oh yeah, and they really need to put a wall at the last turn in Fuji. I don't think those two little cones are gonna cut it :rolleyes:

Hopefully all the problems will be solved for the final GT4, GT:P was probably rushed for xmas. Gives an impression to how unfinished (or rather untested) GT4 is :(

Just hope they don't push the PS2 too far, and it falls over with bad slowdown in the final game. That would suck.

Hopefully I'll be able to have a good play with GT:P next month.

Back