Prosimu Simracing Hardware

• Thread starter Prosimu
  • 77 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
@AussieStig thanks for video you did some queries.

Curious to your thoughts on how much "traction loss" both in terms of being a useful tool and from fun immersion aspect is? For those that may not like the idea of costant 2 or 4 DOF motion how does "traction loss" feel on its own?

An affordable motion control rig with the possibility to expand actuators!
The Pro simu T1000 2 actuators (1000N) motion at € 2999,-
I really like the sound of that.
But...
- Is this rig worth the money or do you get cheap actuators from China and a rig with lousy welds?
- Is it really that noisy? ...In the videos it sounds like a pack of canaries :P

The fact that I can't find any third party review makes me doubt if this is a good and save choice.

So that is what that was. I honestly thought the guy had pet budgies in that room...

3 DOF v 5 DOF ????

There is quite a jump from 3 DOF to 5 DOF. I understand the difference due to the different accuators. However, I would love to hear from anyone who has tried both and can convey if there really is a enough difference between the two that would justfy double the money ????????????

3 DOF v 5 DOF ????

There is quite a jump from 3 DOF to 5 DOF. I understand the difference due to the different accuators. However, I would love to hear from anyone who has tried both and can convey if there really is a enough difference between the two that would justfy double the money ????????????
I have the exact same question.

3 DOF seems good enough, but im wondering if paying the extra for 4 DOF, or 5 DOF, is worth it.

Anyone knows the differences? what do you feel in practice when you got 4 DOF or 5 DOF vs 3DOF? Is it worth it?

I intend to use with VR.

Also is electric consumption raised a lot more by the extra actuators?

3DOF in the ProSimu's case means two vertical actuators for pitch / roll / yaw, the third DOF is solely for traction loss. This is the DOF you should look for, even over just having four vertical actuators on all four corners. Traction loss adds the missing piece of the puzzle especially with VR. Check out my review here mate :-) Cheers, AussieStig

3DOF in the ProSimu's case means two vertical actuators for pitch / roll / yaw, the third DOF is solely for traction loss. This is the DOF you should look for, even over just having four vertical actuators on all four corners. Traction loss adds the missing piece of the puzzle especially with VR. Check out my review here mate :-) Cheers, AussieStig

I have already seen the review and I still don't know if DOF4 or DOF5 are worth the money.
You say 3 actuators (DOF3) is better than DOF4?? I don't get it.

Also, isn't the noise on this thing too distracting? it's annoying.

Actuators are very loud and annoying imo.
Yep, it's a shame because other than that it's perfect, can't find a better deal, but the actuators are too distracting, it would take away too much from the immersion attempt of being inside a car, it's like a constant reminder that you are using a motion sim.

Regarding 3 Motion Vs 5 motion:

I emailed Prosimu about this very question. This was their response...

"The 2 product are great, obviously, you will have better feeling with the 5 motion. (i will say 9/10) for the 3 motion, you are at (8/10). Seriously, the 3 motion is a great product."

I am not sure if that helps any. Really what we need is someone to go over to thier showroom in France to compare the products directly.

Gear motor's are near silent. ;)
What is Gear?

Regarding 3 Motion Vs 5 motion:

I emailed Prosimu about this very question. This was their response...

"The 2 product are great, obviously, you will have better feeling with the 5 motion. (i will say 9/10) for the 3 motion, you are at (8/10). Seriously, the 3 motion is a great product."

I am not sure if that helps any. Really what we need is someone to go over to thier showroom in France to compare the products directly.
The insane sound remains a problem tho. I wish they did a revision of this product with less noisy actuators. It seriously sounds like a pack of canaries are on the room.

I am not sure where all this bad karma comes from about noise? Driving simulation isn't a quite business. Even if you have a quite motion rig, and half decent FF wheel will make a good noise. Then add a simvibe or two. Then add 100 watts sound system!

Btw, one of the reviews of the T1000 specifies that the feedback negates a simvibe + a sound meter shows the actuators are quieter on a sound meter than talking.

Sorry but not all motion rigs sound like a broken Suspension joint despite what you think flibber, Imo if your Clapping out your Shaker's to a point of them being audible, your running them too hard or have poor placement of the units in general.

Half decent ffb, meaning what exactly ? CSW and Up are pretty quiet, and last time i checked when you ride a Rumble strip Is supposed to Rumble,so not sure where your going with that one. After all the track isn't ALL sawtooth rumble strips now is it ?

In regards to the Audible level of actuator's and it being quieter than talking, I find that a laughable attempt at covering up a very annoying flaw of actuators to sell more units. When i Sim race, id prefer to hear the In Game Car rather than some one "talking" or an actuator chirping every Single time it makes a movement.

The only thing laughable I see is your trolling response without first looking at the facts. If you actually look at the review below, you will see the facts of the T1000 noise levels.

Addressing the rig noise levels in general I really can't be bothered to go into all the details of what noises decent simulator hardware makes (like a directdrive wheel etc) as you are obviously too blinkered to see any other view than your own. However, when you look at high end simulators is is surfice to say that immersion is high on the priority... noise levels of the equipment are not. Indeed there is a whole VR community that run simulators with headphones, so they can't here anything from the rig anyway. The whole concept of simulating the movements and haptics of real car and trying to make it silent is really in itself a oxymoron.

I totally respect that you personally may want a quiet rig so the T1000 is not for you. However, there are many people out there who do not care about the noise levels at all.

Interesting, So now i need to watch a review to know how my Mige motor sounds ? lol

Fact, actuators are loud, expensive and annoying,

Fact A LOT of potential motion customer's are INSTANTLY turned away by Actuator sound levels,

Fact there are much quieter, Much cheaper solutions to replace said actuators.

The only thing laughable I see is your trolling response without first looking at the facts. If you actually look at the review below, you will see the facts of the T1000 noise levels.

Addressing the rig noise levels in general I really can't be bothered to go into all the details of what noises decent simulator hardware makes (like a directdrive wheel etc) as you are obviously too blinkered to see any other view than your own. However, when you look at high end simulators is is surfice to say that immersion is high on the priority... noise levels of the equipment are not. Indeed there is a whole VR community that run simulators with headphones, so they can't here anything from the rig anyway. The whole concept of simulating the movements and haptics of real car and trying to make it silent is really in itself a oxymoron.

I totally respect that you personally may want a quiet rig so the T1000 is not for you. However, there are many people out there who do not care about the noise levels at all.

That is the DOF2 one, which is going to be less noisy because it has less actuators and less action going on.

The DOF5 sounds ridiculous. At the tiniest detail you hear the high pitched scratching. Too distracting.

The review (if you actually watch it) shows a sound meter on the actuators. Its nothing to do with a Midge. You obviously won't acknowledge you've watch it as it proves that your previous attempt at mocking me about the sound levels was sadly wrong. Fact: In that review a decibel meter is showing the actuators at a lower volume than the reviewer talking.

Yes there are quieter options. I've already said if you want quiet then the T1000 is not for you. However, what I am saying is not everyone cares about noise. Indeed you have actually implied it yourself by saying "A LOT" (not all) "of potential motion customer's are INSTANTLY turned away by Actuator sound levels".

But please don't let this stop you just continually repeating how you don't like noisy motion sims! That FACT is already clear enough.

That is the DOF2 one, which is going to be less noisy because it has less actuators and less action going on.

The DOF5 sounds ridiculous. At the tiniest detail you hear the high pitched scratching. Too distracting.

Now, that's a logical constructive answer which I really appreciate.

So that's a new fact that i previously unaware of.... Do you know if its down to the actual amount of actuators causing the increase in sound or is it the larger actuators in the 4/5 motion version that is adding to the sound levels?

The review (if you actually watch it) shows a sound meter on the actuators. Its nothing to do with a Midge. You obviously won't acknowledge you've watch it as it proves that your previous attempt at mocking me about the sound levels was sadly wrong. Fact: In that review a decibel meter is showing the actuators at a lower volume than the reviewer talking.

Yes there are quieter options. I've already said if you want quiet then the T1000 is not for you. However, what I am saying is not everyone cares about noise. Indeed you have actually implied it yourself by saying "A LOT" (not all) "of potential motion customer's are INSTANTLY turned away by Actuator sound levels".

But please don't let this stop you just continually repeating how you don't like noisy motion sims! That FACT is already clear enough.

"I really can't be bothered to go into all the details of what noises decent simulator hardware makes (like a directdrive wheel etc)"

Lol I didn't watch the video, As I dont need to watch some bozo measure what are 2 completely different spectrum of audible noise. I also dont need to watch some misc review to know what actuators sound like in person. Nothing in my previous statements was wrong about Actuator sound levels.

Do you own A MIGE ?

Indeed there is a whole VR community that run simulators with headphones, so they can't here anything from the rig anyway.
Yes, and even a bigger community that is not on VR (for whatever reason, in my case because I prefer triple screens).
The motion simulator got my attention at first, but the noise was such a deal breaker that I decided not to take that path. I seldom race with headphones, my Fanatec V2 wheel is pretty quiet (apart from some rattling on sawtooth curbs), Heusinkveld Pro pedals make no noise, my shifters are quiet and the shakers are mostly silent too, so if I race with headphones on, the rest of the family will not even notice (apart maybe from some swearing on my side) :sly:
I rely on the sounds the sim sends out through my 5.1 sound system and I don't want loud actuators that would kill immersion.

Actuators are noisy. They're noisy by default and they get a whole lot noisier once they develop some play in the shaft movement and resonate a "clacking" sound through the connected materials every time they change direction.

No bias here. I own a professionally produced actuator-based motion rig, and love it...... but it's noisy. I wouldn't have a hope in hell of being discreet with it's usage, noise-wise. Thankfully I have an isolated, dedicated sim room, so that's a non-issue for me. I just crank the volume.

That's awesome, but the noise made me lol.

That's awesome, but the noise made me lol.
Yep, it must feel awesome to drive there, but unfortunately the sound is absolutely retarded. You would need to built it on a basement and drive with max volume to overlap the actuator noise, so I cant do that.

I wish there was an affordable, cool, not as noise motion sim for someone that lives on a flat.

Yeah, I'm saving up for the Next Level Racing Motion V3, but I wouldn't call that affordable...

Yeah, I'm saving up for the Next Level Racing Motion V3, but I wouldn't call that affordable...
I was going that way price was making me um and ah a bit.
A mate bought 1 i continued to search for a cheaper option.found a small company for a full motion platform was a lot cheaper but a gamble i guess. Ended up with it im happy and no regrets, my mates happy with his v3 no regrets.
Resized_20180104_085805.jpeg

Hes in melb aus i only paid $150 shipping to sydney.
If your o/s may not be the best option.
Ive flogged the guts out of it on dirt rally, a lot of fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back