[PS3]Grand Theft Auto V - Role Play Events

• Thread starter Vince
  • 2,696 comments
I'm interested about joining this, but I don't know if I have to sake to do this... I could give a try later...

No, not currently. I think more people should check the thread more often. Seems like a lot of these people who sign up for GTP just for this club (the ones with 1 or 2 posts) just place in an app, and then never check the thread again.

That's why I posted a little while ago asking if anyone actually wanted to do a lobby, and no one replied.
Thing is, I always check this thread and nothing comes up. Then, as soon as I turn the laptop off the important posts start happening :P

Sorry I haven't been attending events recently, I just don't seem to have the inspiration I did in IV. Maybe I made Erin too boring and 'normal', with her just living in a trailer in Sandy Shores doing normal things. I think she might have to move to Los Santos to really focus on her dreams of becoming a professional motocross rider. However, I recently replaced the Sanchez in my garage for a Tailgater... so I might have to re-write her bio a little bit and change her dreams of motocrossing to dreams of trophy trucking. After all, I finally converted her Rebel into a Dakar truck.

Sorry I haven't been attending events recently, I just don't seem to have the inspiration I did in IV. Maybe I made Erin too boring and 'normal', with her just living in a trailer in Sandy Shores doing normal things. I think she might have to move to Los Santos to really focus on her dreams of becoming a professional motocross rider. However, I recently replaced the Sanchez in my garage for a Tailgater... so I might have to re-write her bio a little bit and change her dreams of motocrossing to dreams of trophy trucking. After all, I finally converted her Rebel into a Dakar truck.
I can help you with that. I have multiple world MX/SX titles on a MX vs ATV Online site in real life. It's all in my character biography. I can even get you a bike again.

Last edited:
Yeah, i've been trying to think of RP ideas for a while now, but nothing is coming up. David was a bank robber back in Liberty City 'cause I kind of assumed heists would come out with GTA Online, or a week after it at most, but I suppose i'll have to wait a while.

This explains why there hasn't been any people RPing for the past 5 events. It's more of a grind than fun after inviting people, setting up the room, and then trying to think of something to RP. Maybe we could find a way to have all the characters meet somehow. A bit unrealistic in some ways, but it might help with coming up with a story. And hopefully there could be some bad characters that want other characters dead. But I dunno, just trying to stir the pot.

That'd probably work. Otherwise, it ends up with everyone RPing with themselves and occasionally bumping into each other for a quick chat in 24/7 and then that's it. I think the size of the map doesn't help either, as it was a lot easier to run into people on IV. Perhaps we could discuss in here who knows who? It'd probably make sense if mine and @redbullrider20's characters knew each other because they're both motocross riders. Maybe they know each other from race weekends at the Redwood Lights Track?

Yeah, and i'm not sure but doesn't Jeff know Erin a little? I'm pretty sure she showed up at the showdown in the first event too so maybe we could do something with that.

I agree with what @Katiegan said. Most of the time I RP in the events, I'm pretty much by myself the whole time either because I don't want to badger other RP'ers or I'm not creative enough to come up with a reason for us to meet.

Also, I don't think I'll be able to attend tonight. The event starts around 8:00 for me. If I'm on during the week, it's usually around 3:00-5:00, or I might get on for a little bit after 5:00. I think it's safe to say that I won't be attending many events during the week because of my weekday schedule.

Last edited:
I might have to make some changes to Dario's bio too as trucking isn't really doing much good. I might make Dario as a freelancer, hiring himself to companies across San Andreas.

I agree with what @Katiegan said. Most of the time I RP in the events, I'm pretty much by myself the whole time either because I don't want to badger other RP'ers or I'm not creative enough to come up with a reason for us to meet.

Also, I don't think I'll be able to attend tonight. The event starts around 8:00 for me. If I'm on during the week, it's usually around 3:00-5:00, or I might get on for a little bit after 5:00. I think it's safe to say that I won't be attending many events during the week because of my weekday schedule.
When I find myself in a situation like that I will text someone asking if they would like to go do something. Like parachuting or putting in laps at the MX track.

I've had similar issues with Marty. In the IV club, Lenny's drug sales connected him with several other characters, but on here it's mostly a one person deal. Otherwise, I've been struggling to come up with interesting ideas as of late.

Yeah, and i'm not sure but doesn't Jeff know Erin a little? I'm pretty sure she showed up at the showdown in the first event too so maybe we could do something with that.

Yes, Erin knows Jeff, they've met a few times around Sandy Shores and went off-roading together once. I think Erin knows Marty briefly too. Little scenarios made up here in the thread could be handy for the RP.

How did he get rich real quick? This mentor just gave him a large sum of the money? Seems odd and unrealistic. And it's pretty much impossible to run away when you're 15 - police, then Amber Alert, and all these other things. Maybe I'm too picky of my realism, but I say it's for the best. Also, a last name would help, but not needed.

Also, I want to know if anyone at all is interested in a lobby... that's one hour past schedule. People lost interest pretty quickly, but at least more than 3 members are online.
I said I was 15 not my character. And he got rich from robbing a Federal reserve in Vice.

Out Of Character (OOC)
Name:
Matheus Michelin
PSN: GTP_Michelin9960
Role Play experience: Mostly GT5. I had some at GTA: SA-MP and GTA IV, but that's it.

In Character (IC)
Name:
Brandon Michelin
Job/Career/Money Source: Mechanical Engineering
Bio (description of your characters past, present, and future goals):
Brandon was born in Los Santos, in May 21, 1990. His parents were brazilians, who moved out from São Paulo, Brazil, looking for a better life than the one they had back in Brazil. Though he was 2 years old, his family participated in the famous 1992 Riot that went down in the state San Andreas.

An aunt and an uncle lived in Los Santos for some years already and they would spent most of them time together. Brandon's father and uncle liked a lot racing in general. F1, NASCAR, DTM and everything else that would be streaming on TV, live or not, those 3 would be watching.

When he was 10, his parents died in a car accident. A drunk truck driver went to the opposing lane on the highway and smashed thier car against the wall. Brandon wasn't with his parents that day, he was with his relatives at home.

His relatives decided to sell the house and in some way adopt him. Brandon lived his life normally after that, but always helding back a tear. He as well helped his uncle and the mechanic when fixing/tuning his cars, which totalized 9 cars.

He decided to follow carrer in Mechanical Engineering, following the footsteps of his uncle. With two years of college, his aunt passed away victim of a cancer.

Some months ago, his uncle passed away. After that, he tried to trace any family member in Brazil, but without success. Seems like he's the only one left.

With that, the apartment he lived with his aunt and uncle went to him, as well the 9 cars his uncle owned, but he don't use them thought. He uses his Bravado Bison, which himself has been tuning to make it better. The apartment which he lived today was bought by them for $400,000.

The cars that his uncle owned and now are owned by Brandon are: Annis Elegy RH8, Chevel Surge, Pegassi Barti 801, Benefactor Feltzer, Benefactor Surano, Benefactor Schafter, Übermacht Oracle 2, Obey Tailgater, Bravado Bison and Chevel Picador.

Fun Fact: As a kid, he usually screamed "I like chicken nuggets" at anytime possible. Something like a catchphrase. He doesn't do that anymore though.
Personality (Angry, depressed, obsessive, etc): Brandon is a happy person. Even though he had some hard times along his short life, he keeps up with a good spirit. A calm person, really hard to get in his bad side. He likes music, rock and pop especially. A bit of rap as well.

Last edited:
I said I was 15 not my character. And he got rich from robbing a Federal reserve in Vice.
Do you really think someone could rob the Federal Reserve in Florida/Vice City (There actually isn't a Federal Reserve in Florida)? It isn't like the Union Depository from the main story line. In order to rob the Federal Reserve, you'd have to be Bane from The Dark Knight Rises, considering the Federal Reserve with the least amount of money is Minnesota, sitting at $29,000,000,000.
Yes. 29 Billion.

Sorry. Your story is just too unrealistic to accept.

Out Of Character (OOC)
Name:
Matheus Michelin
PSN: GTP_Michelin9960
Role Play experience: Mostly GT5. I had some at GTA: SA-MP and GTA IV, but that's it.

In Character (IC)
Name:
Brandon Michelin
Job/Career/Money Source: Mechanical Engineering
Bio (description of your characters past, present, and future goals):
Brandon was born in Los Santos, in May 21, 1990. His parents were brazilians, who moved out from São Paulo, Brazil, looking for a better life than the one they had back in Brazil. Though he was 2 years old, his family participated in the famous 1992 Riot that went down in the state San Andreas.
An aunt and an uncle lived in Los Santos for some years already and they would spent most of them time together. Brandon's father and uncle liked a lot racing in general. F1, NASCAR, DTM and everything else that would be streaming on TV, live or not, those 3 would be watching.
When he was 10, his parents died in a car accident. A drunk truck driver went to the opposing lane on the highway and smashed thier car against the wall. Brandon wasn't with his parents that day, he was with his relatives at home.
His realtives decided to sell the house and in some way adopt him. Brandon lived his life normally after that, but always helding back a tear. He as well helped his uncle and the mechanic when fixing/tuning his cars, which totalized 9 cars.
He decided to follow carrer in Mechanical Engineering, following the footsteps of his uncle. With two years of college, his uncle passed away victim of a cancer.
Some months ago, his aunt passed away. After that, he tried to trace any family member in Brazil, but without success. Seems like he's the only one left.
With that, the apartment he lived with his aunt and uncle went to him, as well the 9 cars his uncle owned, but he don't use them thought. He uses his Bravado Bison, which himself has been tuning to make it better. The apartment which he lived today was bought by them for $200,000.
Fun Fact: As a kid, he usually screamed "I like chicken nuggets" at anytime possible. Something like a catchphrase. He doesn't do that anymore though.
Personality (Angry, depressed, obsessive, etc): Brandon is a happy person. Even though he had some hard times along his short life, he keeps up with a good spirit. A calm person, really hard to get in his bad side. He likes music, rock and pop especially. A bit of rap as well.
I don't know if this is gonna be accepted.... I hope atleast.
Pretty good story. Love how you included the L.A riots from the early '90s. Accepted!

This explains why there hasn't been any people RPing for the past 5 events. It's more of a grind than fun after inviting people, setting up the room, and then trying to think of something to RP. Maybe we could find a way to have all the characters meet somehow. A bit unrealistic in some ways, but it might help with coming up with a story. And hopefully there could be some bad characters that want other characters dead. But I dunno, just trying to stir the pot.

This may seem a little insane or stupid, but it seems most of our characters are related to racing in some way. Maybe if we made some kind of race or something that everyone meets at? Like a cross-map point-to-point race or something.

Also I might make some changes to my characters bio as well.

I like nuggets.

Out Of Character (OOC)

Name: Jude

PSN: GTDriver1230

Role Play experience: None, but keen to start here.

In Character (IC)

Name: Marco Kane

Job/Career/Money Source: (Former) Racing Driver (primary income), sometimes tennis/golf player (some money is earned if played with other players). Also a secret criminal

Bio: Marco Kane was already born with petrol running through his veins, having been born into a family of racing drivers. Naturally, he took up racing in his youth slowly working his way to the position of the primary driver in GTDriver's team of B-Spec drivers on both GT5 and LFS.

Kane decided to buy an apartment in Los Santos, where he would spend time in the city to relax during the off-season, playing tennis or golf, bike around the beach as well as having a typical drive on the twisty mountain roads. Little did he know that Los Santos would be a lot rougher than he anticipated.

As part of finding a job that would give him income during the off-season, Kane met Lamar at the airport but would only accidently join the criminal world, infiltrating gang trades, acting as the getaway driver in heists. He has since ditched Lamar's support, but feels that this is something he won't be able to escape within Los Santos, as many criminals want him dead and the police want him locked away. As a result, he sleeps with the dark thoughts that it might be the last time he will sleep.

Kane, inevitably, wants to escape the criminal world for good and reside in Los Santos as a normal person should he retire from racing. But it may be a long time before he resolves what he has unintentionally started, and whether or not he will make it is another question...

Personality: As well as being a keen car-enthusiast, Kane is known to be a kind and friendly person by his team-mates. He normally wouldn't be the type of person who would kill anyone, let alone hurt anyone, but much of the criminal world has seeped into him. Typically a calm person, he is rarely seen to be angry, but he personally resents getting himself involved in criminal activities and constantly wishes to return to his normal life that he wanted when he bought the apartment.

Character updated to make him sound a bit more interesting (I hope so, at least...)

This may seem a little insane or stupid, but it seems most of our characters are related to racing in some way. Maybe if we made some kind of race or something that everyone meets at? Like a cross-map point-to-point race or something.

Also I might make some changes to my characters bio as well.

I can't help but think we could participate in something similar to NFS The Run, which could be a long point to point race similar to what you said. But if we need to make the role play more interesting, we could get some story that connects everyone... As unrealistic as it seems.

Last edited:
I like nuggets.

Out Of Character (OOC)

Name: Jude

PSN: GTDriver1230

Role Play experience: None, but keen to start here.

In Character (IC)

Name: Marco Kane

Job/Career/Money Source: (Former) Racing Driver (primary income), sometimes tennis/golf player (some money is earned if played with other players). Also a secret criminal

Bio: Marco Kane was already born with petrol running through his veins, having been born into a family of racing drivers. Naturally, he took up racing in his youth slowly working his way to the position of the primary driver in GTDriver's team of B-Spec drivers on both GT5 and LFS.

Kane decided to buy an apartment in Los Santos, where he would spend time in the city to relax during the off-season, playing tennis or golf, bike around the beach as well as having a typical drive on the twisty mountain roads. Little did he know that Los Santos would be a lot rougher than he anticipated.

As part of finding a job that would give him income during the off-season, Kane met Lamar at the airport but would only accidently join the criminal world, infiltrating gang trades, acting as the getaway driver in heists. He has since ditched Lamar's support, but feels that this is something he won't be able to escape within Los Santos, as many criminals want him dead and the police want him locked away. As a result, he sleeps with the dark thoughts that it might be the last time he will sleep.

Kane, inevitably, wants to escape the criminal world for good and reside in Los Santos as a normal person should he retire from racing. But it may be a long time before he resolves what he has unintentionally started, and whether or not he will make it is another question...

Personality: As well as being a keen car-enthusiast, Kane is known to be a kind and friendly person by his team-mates. He normally wouldn't be the type of person who would kill anyone, let alone hurt anyone, but much of the criminal world has seeped into him. Typically a calm person, he is rarely seen to be angry, but he personally resents getting himself involved in criminal activities and constantly wishes to return to his normal life that he wanted when he bought the apartment.

Character updated to make him sound a bit more interesting (I hope so, at least...)

I can't help but think we could participate in something similar to NFS The Run, which could be a long point to point race similar to what you said. But if we need to make the role play more interesting, we could get some story that connects everyone... As unrealistic as it seems.
Seems good enough. Just a bit strange how you aren't the first person to bring LFS and GT5 in this, as it has no affect on the RP. I'd imagine it would be two different "worlds," but whatever. Accepted!

So, should we come up with a scenario for the RP on the thread or will we discuss it during the RP?
I guess we can do that, though I thought it would just come during the RP. Maybe planning it would help. I'm all in.

Maybe planning it would help. I'm all in.
Well, I suppose I have an idea of how to connect Erin's (Katiegan) story to David and Jeff's. I recall David asking if Jeff knew anyone he could trust with a heist, and I also remember Erin arriving at the end of the standoff in the first event, so David could ask if Jeff would trust Erin with a heist and if he would be able to convince her. Again, it's just an idea. If it doesn't work with a certain character's bio or is unrealistic that's fine.

I won't be able to attend tonight. The lobby is posted to start around 6:00 PM in my time. I'm going to a football game around 6:20, so I definately won't be there. :nervous: Oh well, there's always the next one. Hopefully I can attend the event on Sunday. :)

Latest Posts

Back