Ps3 is dead UPDATE

  • Thread starter Thread starter NjLowrider
  • 8 comments
  • 2,033 views
Messages
1,173
Messages
Drex81
Did the heatgun thing on the chips and revived the ol' ps3! Saved all my cars and data!!!! Thank you gt gods!
 
Did the heatgun thing on the chips and revived the ol' ps3! Saved all my cars and data!!!! Thank you gt gods!

Good stuff, I save my game on a usb stick after every session. Just in case!
 
I do it every Sunday. I can live with losing one week, but not months.
 
how much memory on the stick do you need to save the game unto it?
 
how much memory on the stick do you need to save the game unto it?

10mb should be way more than enough, mine is 500kbs-ish. I think it does go up with more cars though.
 
Did the heatgun thing on the chips and revived the ol' ps3! Saved all my cars and data!!!! Thank you gt gods!

What was your PS3 doing when it died?? My nephew just had his to die lastnight. His says the hardrive is corupt. Is there a way to fix that or is he screwed?? He was level 34 Aspec and 38 Bspec. Lost everything. He had it backup up at one time but had just deleted his backup and was getting ready to back it up again when it happened. Anyone know what he should do?? It is a slimline not a ol fatboy. I have a fatboy that has been on since Christmas without being turn off. Mine started acting a little crazy last night with certain colors getting really bright so I backed mine up today. I have a feeling mine is going to die soon.
 
10mb should be way more than enough, mine is 500kbs-ish. I think it does go up with more cars though.
thanks!
i will make sure to save my game later today!
is this how you do it?
Go to XMB -> Game -> Saved Data Utility -> Traingle on your Gran Turismo 5 Save -> Copy it to a flash drive -> Make a system backup.

or is it through the gran turismo 5 game?

sorry for hijacking this thread.... glad you were able to save your ps3 and your gt5 progress... i would be totally pissed if it happened to me.
 
thanks!
i will make sure to save my game later today!
is this how you do it?
Go to XMB -> Game -> Saved Data Utility -> Traingle on your Gran Turismo 5 Save -> Copy it to a flash drive -> Make a system backup.

or is it through the gran turismo 5 game?

sorry for hijacking this thread.... glad you were able to save your ps3 and your gt5 progress... i would be totally pissed if it happened to me.

I would like to know as well. I do the same thing, copying my GT5 save file to a memory stick I have in my PS3's memory card reader(Yeah, I got that old fat boy. still runs like a dream...).

Is there some other way, or is what we're doing okay? If my PS3 would take a dump on me, and I get a new one, would I just have to copy the save file back to the PS3, insert GT5, and I'll be good to go?

What about the back up utility in the Settings menu in the XMB?
 
thanks!
i will make sure to save my game later today!
is this how you do it?
Go to XMB -> Game -> Saved Data Utility -> Traingle on your Gran Turismo 5 Save -> Copy it to a flash drive -> Make a system backup.

or is it through the gran turismo 5 game?

sorry for hijacking this thread.... glad you were able to save your ps3 and your gt5 progress... i would be totally pissed if it happened to me.

Yeah that's it, I don't think you need the system backup part tho, it should just copy to the flash drive.
 
Back