• 207 comments

What day would you want to race?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Italy
Italy
karsten_beoulve

sW9fynK.jpg

Greetings to all! After many successful series on GT6 and the European GT3 championship i hosted In the last months with mixed success, i'm back with a new serie plan.

The car is one that is a pleasure to drive and even with its lack of ABS it's very easy to bring around any and all tracks. Beside that it's one of the most interesting rides in Project Cars when using real aids.

The idea is to have close races between clean drivers

Rules
All drivers on same Car. BMW M3 GT3.
The assist are to be set on REAL; this means that the car has NO ABS, NO Stability control, just Traction control.
Damage is set to REAL
Tyres and Fuel REAL
Weather and day progression are set to REAL
Auto Start Engine: Yes
Flags & Penalties: On

Racing Rules
Since PCars does not allow yet "no-tune" option all drivers can tune their cars to their wishes.
Contacts should be kept at minumum and all drivers should try their best to avoid pileups.

Race day is composed of 2 Races of 25-30 minutes. Before each race there's a 15 minutes qualifying session.

Weather is based on real world Forecasts and is announced 5 days prior to the race so that all drivers can train in the correct weather settings.

In case of a 2 Room serie points will be awarded as follows:

Room 1 Room 2

1st 40 1st 21
2nd 37 2nd 18
3rd 35 3rd 16
4th 33 4th 14
5th 32 5th 13
6th 31 6th 12
7th 30 7th 11
8th 29 8th 10
9th 28 9th 9
10th 27 10th 8
11th 26 11th 7
12th 25 12th 6
13th 24 13th 5
14th 23 14th 4
15th 22 15th 3
16th 21 16th 2

In Case of 1 room Serie points will be awarded in this fashion:

Room

1st 30
2nd 24
3rd 20
4th 16
5th 14
6th 12
7th 10
8th 9
9th 8
10th 7
11th 6
12th 5
13th 4
14th 3
15th 2
16th 1

Driver Scoring Pole Position will get an extra +1 point.

Last edited:
Driver's signup

karsten
Skaankypuppy
David Talle
priesty_lfc
Zakspeed_TV
ozwheels
TazRacing
killerramsay
Riggy
Bajny
Tazracing
mckiernan

Last edited:
Race Calendar (1 Race per week start at 20:00BST/GMT):

14/09/15 Dubai International 12 Laps
Spa Francorchamps 8 Laps
Imola 11 Laps
Laguna Seca 13 Laps
Watkins Glen Short 18 Laps
Donington National 18 Laps
Oulton Park International 12 Laps
Hockenheim GP 11 Laps
Oscherleben National 18 Laps
Zolder 12 Laps
All these tracks are composed of 2 rounds

Special Round Nordschleife 8 Laps
Single race special event

All races 20+ Minutes long. 2 Rounds, one start at ingame 10:00 AM the race 2 at 14:00
Real weather at racetrack announced based on Forecasts and announce 5 days before race.

ONE drop score available for whole season. The drop score means you can either drop 1 race or 2 separate rounds in 2 different races (more safe in case of bugs/dc)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Give the car a try, trust me ;) It's not like in gt6
I can confirm I mainly played with a wheel but with a pad it's absolutely not out of reach without ABS ! Not necessarily harder than with a pedal set at least :D

I'm interested but as I'm moving next month I'm not sure when I'll have my wheel or even my PS4 ready so depending on this and when the series start I might not be able to take part, at least for a start. :nervous:

Voted, not sure I can commit full time,

And cant we have just 1 hour long race? I certainly won't be able to do 2,

I'll defiantly give it a try. I've done a few races without ABS already and some cars it was ok and could probably get used to with practice, others there was no chance.

I think I tried no ABS once in GT6. It was impossible with a DS3!
Mechanical grip is totally biased in GT6 IMO so it has a huge impact on wheel locking too !
It's much more easier to find the traction limit under braking on pCARS.

I think Karsten is planning on starting at the same time as the series I am organising here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ps4-gt3-world-championship-signups-for-season-one.333551/, which should be 20th Sept.

Is that the plan Karsten?
Depends on subscriptions, mate... We might even start earlier if there's not too much interest and might be a good training for drivers that will run in your GT3 world serie... I might change a bit the calendar tought. A couple of tracks i do not like at all, actually 3 lol :D

Mechanical grip is totally biased in GT6 IMO so it has a huge impact on wheel locking too !
It's much more easier to find the traction limit under braking on pCARS.

Yeah exactly and it's pleasant and rewarding to drive like that, not an insane frustrating thing like in gt6...

Hi karsten I'm reading it but don't understand sorry I am up for it if I can fit it. In I've joined crapy cars
Greetings to all! After many successful series on GT6 and the European GT3 championship i hosted In the last months with mixed success, i'm back with a new serie plan.

The car is one that is a pleasure to drive and even with its lack of ABS it's very easy to bring around any and all tracks. Beside that it's one of the most interesting rides in Project Cars when using real aids.

The idea is to have close races between clean drivers

Rules
All drivers on same Car. BMW M3 GT3.
The assist are to be set on REAL; this means that the car has NO ABS, NO Stability control, just Traction control.
Damage is set to REAL
Tyres and Fuel REAL
Weather and day progression are set to REAL
Auto Start Engine: Yes
Flags & Penalties: On

Racing Rules
Since PCars does not allow yet "no-tune" option all drivers can tune their cars to their wishes.
Contacts should be kept at minumum and all drivers should try their best to avoid pileups.

Race day is composed of 2 Races of 25-30 minutes. Before each race there's a 15 minutes qualifying session.

Weather is based on real world Forecasts and is announced 5 days prior to the race so that all drivers can train in the correct weather settings.
Sorry mate I like it but I don't want to have to drive same cars on project cars I think all cars are close with slight tweaking two set ups I've been enjoying the Bentley used it around the nurb all aids off she killed me free times lol then I had a word with my self 2 laps it was I pulled it back got second out 5 cars lol

Hi karsten I'm reading it but don't understand sorry I am up for it if I can fit it. In I've joined crapy cars
Sorry mate I like it but I don't want to have to drive same cars on project cars I think all cars are close with slight tweaking two set ups I've been enjoying the Bentley used it around the nurb all aids off she killed me free times lol then I had a word with my self 2 laps it was I pulled it back got second out 5 cars lol
Well you should stop using the Bentley in any case it's banned in all series :D

It is a quicker car than the other GT3 cars. In the right hands it is 1 or 2 seconds a lap quicker than the others around most 2 minute laps. That is why it is banned.

It is also banned in the series I am running on a Sunday evening. It would just end up as being a Bentley one make series, as everyone would pick that car, so as not to be at a disadvantage to others. If there are car number limits, the people who do not have it would be at a disadvantage. It just isn't fair on all people.

All cars have their advantages and disadvantages, but the Bentley is another level again around pretty much most tracks, except ones with massive straights, as it cannot go quicker than 174MPH, but it gets there really quickly.

Back