PS4 Demo and G29

• Thread starter Lazybike
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
How do I change the force feedback settings? In the options menu it says L1 and L2 to change screens but those buttons do nothing when I press them? Am I missing something?
Only played a couple of hrs but seems like a decent game :)

How do I change the force feedback settings? In the options menu it says L1 and L2 to change screens but those buttons do nothing when I press them? Am I missing something?
Only played a couple of hrs but seems like a decent game :)

Sorry I don't know anything about the demo, but from reading this forum, the game has improved a lot since that was released (following regular updates) - so if you like it you should enjoy the game even more!

It's £20 on Amazon or £40 something for game of the year edition, just need to figure out how to navigate the menus with the G29.

As above.
L1 and R1 are the paddles and should switch between the top menu tabs. L2 and R2 are on the front of the wheel and should work the lower menu items. Well they do on mine anyway.

A word of caution. Turn off your DS4 controller before playing because the game sometimes "looses" the wheel when that's turned on.

It's £20 on Amazon or £40 something for game of the year edition, just need to figure out how to navigate the menus with the G29.
The game of the year edition is from the first project Cars ...

Project Cars 2 doesn't have any game of the year edition (yet)

GOTY Edition is not out yet - I don't think so anyway. You may have seen the PC1 GOTY instead.

Thanks for that, it's the collectors edition I saw for PC2, it includes a Japanese dlc and a season pass and some other bits and pieces.

I bought the basic game from Amazon for £16 (Prime Day sale).

I didn't bother with the season pass initially as there's more than enough content to keep you interested without the add on stuff.

I got the season pass a couple of months after buying the game to get the additional Porsche and Ferrari content.

I've treated myself to the collectors edition (with the wifes Amazon account, she'll never notice) :)
At the risk of hijacking my own thread...what sort of assists do people generally use?

I've treated myself to the collectors edition (with the wifes Amazon account, she'll never notice) :)
At the risk of hijacking my own thread...what sort of assists do people generally use?

I use real assist setting.

So cars that have TC and ABS in real Live have it active in-game also..

And cars that in real life don't have ABS or TC or both is like that also in-game

what sort of assists do people generally use?
I use the same as Donnced since that makes the most sense, it's no use making it more difficult than it should be. But the best advice is to use whatever assists you're comfortable with. That includes steering or braking assistance. Don't let anyone say you shouldn't, it's your game. ;)

At the risk of hijacking my own thread
Interesting point. Can you hijack your own thread? :P

I started off with real assists to give it a try, but I found it too fussy to disable traction/stability control on the track under that setting. I have ABS on low (plus the opposite lock "assist" because it refines the analog stick steering on a controller), with TCS/SCS turned off. I use the in-car management menu to toggle on stability control (TCS included) for rare occasions.

Back