PS4... Is this our issue?

Its a good game to me otherwise I wouldn't play it :)

I'm glad that some people like PC2 & are enjoying it. However, just because it's a good game to you doesn't automatically mean it's a good game to everyone. I'm not assuming that's what you were implying, merely pointing it out.

Last edited:
VBR
I'm glad that some people like PC2 & are enjoying it. However, just because it's a good game to you doesn't automatically mean it's a good game per sae. I'm not assuming that's what you were implying, merely pointing it out.
To point out the obvious, there's no such thing as a "good game per sae", as "good" is always a highly personal thing. As such, there is nothing wrong with somebody saying it's a good game, just as there is nothing wrong with somebody saying it's a bad game, provided they qualify it as good or bad for them :)

...there is nothing wrong with somebody saying it's a good game..

That would all depend on why it had been said, & in what context. If they had said it merely as an opinion they wished to share, that would be fine. But if it was said as a retort to an eloquently made argument as to why the game was not so great, with the intention of somehow countering said argument in order to convince others that it was actually a good game, then maybe not so much...
VBR
I'm not assuming that's what [they] were implying, merely pointing it out.

Using "per sae" was perhaps a bad choice of words, would've been better if I'd said "to everyone" instead. I will edit my post.

Context can important, yes, but when you have something as personal as "what defines something as good", context doesn't really count IMHO - again, as long as it is qualified that it is good for the person posting, like "...for me". simsimsheree has detailed why the game fails to deliver for him but there's nothing wrong with countering that with "it's good for me". If hasselmoff had replied "you're wrong, lol" then I'd agree with you :)

VBR
I'm glad that some people like PC2 & are enjoying it. However, just because it's a good game to you doesn't automatically mean it's a good game to everyone. I'm not assuming that's what you were implying, merely pointing it out.
In which way did he imply its a good game to everyone?

He clearly said to me(him)

And my reply of agree was me also implying to me as well.

In which way did he imply its a good game to everyone?

He probably didn't. Nor did I say that he did. For the third time...
VBR
I'm not assuming that's what you were implying...

However, his reply coincidentally happened to be right after a rather compelling argument as to why the game isn't that great, & could be misconstrued as such by someone. Hence the reason I pointed it out. Only hasslemoff knows the reason why he posted that, whether he was implying anything or not, & if it was in response to sims post or not.

Last edited:
VBR

In all honesty I replied to him due to the attitude and sheer hyperbolic analogies he's been using.
I accept the fact that this game was a bit of a waste of money. But everyone makes that mistake from time to time, to make it the developpers fault is just plain wrong. (Not on the bugs but I'll get back to that later) most of his issues are design descissions this is not a broken game that's a game that made a design you dislike. I do agree some of the design is a bit lacking in detail but this isn't a broken game due to that.

The changing track conditions is a bug I encountered frequently until patch 3. Now I don't encounter it. There are a few bugs I dislike but none of them are of that size that one can't play the game hence why I calle out his analogy of the broken car (as in not drivable) I don't encounter the diffrent setups loading as I always ch3ck fuelloadout before the race so can't comment if fixed or not.

He's also making claims without anything to back it up but his opinion but stating it as fact.
I.e. "the masses don't play gts due to it being easy to drive but due to it being easier accesible with the sport system."
While I agree that a sport system in pC2 would help players and give some people incentive to play pC2 over GTS. I do not accept the masses would ever drop the 'easier' to drive game because of that reason starting with many peiple play many race games for many reasons. I can only geuss but I geuss it's his opinion and thus extrapolates it to be the general opinion.
Thise are the issues I have with his retoric. He's not constructive, he misrepresents the severity of some of the issues, he claims some of the design to be bugs,...

Edit I can accept he dislikes the game I can't accept the lisrepresentation

@Mr Tree - We're not talking about you, but about Hasslemoff's reply in post 59.

VBR
@Mr Tree - We're not talking about you, but about Hasslemoff's reply in post 59.

Yeah I realised that, that's just why people are defending the game against him.

Because his conclusions and demands are unreasonable imo. If he would just state why he dislikes the game instead of saying this is what's breaking the game for the masses I would not argue with it.

To be honest, I can't see why people are defending the game against him. After all, he's just expressing his opinions (most of which I just so happen to agree with).

Do I need to put my flame suit on now as well?

VBR
To be honest, I can't see why people are defending the game against him. After all, he's just expressing his opinions (most of which I just so happen to agree with).

Do I need to put my flame suit on now as well?

Again if he stated opinions I'd be ok with it.
But saying you can't have a clean lobby due to the host not having the ultimate kick ability is not an opinion that's stating something as fact.

His push to change design because everyone hates it is not an opinion. Stating most others hate it is stating a factual claim not an opinion.

You don't have to put on a flame retardand suit ;) :P
But I do wonder if you haven't bought the game why do you say you agree with notions he made without testing yourself?
Ow yeah you have every right to but I just wondered why :P

VBR
It would seem that I do.

:rolleyes:

Hey no problem ;) like I said that's your right. :P

If design issues like sim is discussing annoy you, you made the right choice not buy :P I'm ok with that while agreeing some choices sms made imo are a little weird.

As someone who came to PC2 less than a month ago, I haven't experienced any bad issues with the game (though I haven't been online yet).

Best console driving game I've played for years based on physics, cars and tracks :)

Pound for pound, PC2 is the best game that there is overall.....For sure it's been said on GTP before, but with so many different car classes, so many different tracks, and now with RX and oval racing, night/day transitions, all types of weather, a super tyre model, Livetrack 3.0, (which is just mind blowing if you watch Yorkie065's YouTube video on how it works), great overall physics, and many other things to boot! Sure it's not perfect, but what game is.......

I love most racing games, yes AC has better FFB, and other sims too, and they're all fun, and emersive. But as an overall experience, PC2 is quite a game, and that comes from someone that has played racing games for 35 years now, ever since, as a 3 year old, I played Grand Prix on my brother's rubber keyed Spectrum 16k for the first time, with its 3 different colours, 2 different sound effects, and little else!

Sometimes we forget how lucky we are to have such incredible games, it's time we rejoiced them more! ;)

Sometimes we forget how lucky we are to have such incredible games, it's time we rejoiced them more! ;)

I couldn't agree more Hammy!

I thoroughly enjoy PC2 and I'm often amazed that I can get such an intensely satisfying experience from a racing game! There are definitely things which could be improved and some design decisions, which I would have made differently, but overall I think I've got great value from it and hope I continue to do so.

Pound for pound, PC2 is the best game that there is overall [imho]...

There you go, I fixed it for you. Lest someone thought you was expressing an opinion as a fact (sim racing gods forbid), & started to flame you!

:sly:

VBR
There you go, I fixed it for you. Lest someone thought you was expressing an opinion as a fact (sim racing gods forbid), & started to flame you!

:sly:

Thanks man, but it wasn't necessary......Sim racing gods don't actually scare me....But Darksiders.....Holy moly.......Help! :dopey: :lol:

Considering I got the Duluxe Edition for £30 I'm twice as happy as @Sick Cylinder & @HammyMansell with the game :)

Along with the fact that I'm enjoying the benefits of the 1X it just makes it all the more enjoyable :)

If there's ever a time I do get frustrated with the game I have a quick blast through the night on Bannockbrae, it always puts a smile on my face that track :)

Bannockbrae to me is what the P1 GTR is to @Chikane :)

I love that track, so fast, so deadly, so much fun :)

Back