PS4 PATCH 2.0 is out!!!!PS4 

• Thread starter Big Alex
  • 128 comments
Still nothing. I'm beginning to think UK got it a bit early and we're supposed to get it overnight so we wake up to it ready to go in the morning.

Still nothing. I'm beginning to think UK got it a bit early and we're supposed to get it overnight so we wake up to it ready to go in the morning.
From my pCARS1 experience, UK gets PS4 patch early because of time zone difference. US PS4 would get update 4:30/5:00pm CST. (I live in US.) If we don't see update tonight, then it's a Sony issue and not SMS.

Any word on if visual damage bug is fixed?

Crash in a session, and restart or skip session or return to pit and visual damage isn't repaired.

Crash in a session, and restart or skip session or return to pit and visual damage isn't repaired.
Not sure if it's in this thread or the general patch discussion thread but someone said it is fixed.

Some good updates but the HUD still does not work properly, there are no improvements in the graphics (still grainy: AA issue?) and Monza Classic combination does not allow trackside camera in replay mode. Also IndyCars at Long Beach set-up save has issues in save as mode.

I know this is not what you are asking, but the visual damage sustained in a race carries over to the start of the replays which is very annoying for someone like me who enjoys a good replay.

The downshift thing is really tricky, why change it now? I appreciate its a real life thing but at least on the controller it's very clunky, to the point of unplayable.

A simple option of switching this on/off would solve it fine

The downshift thing is really tricky, why change it now? I appreciate its a real life thing but at least on the controller it's very clunky, to the point of unplayable.

It's aiming to be a sim. It wants to replicate real life. Adjust your driving style as a real driver would have no other option but to do so.

Having the option to turn it off would create an imbalance in online/multiplayer fairness. One racer shouldn't be able to just bang off downshifts to slow their car through turns, while another is fighting imbalance caused by braking.

I just started an R.S.01 career and noticed I could downshift quicker if I wasn't using full brake force. Any realism behind that?

You can still downshift all the way and over-rev a manual car (tried it with the McLaren F1 road car using DS4), it's just the modern sequential gearboxed cars that have the protection, which I guess mimics real life.
Plenty of fixes in the game with this patch, not perfect, but 100 times better than it was on release.
Can confirm, restarting a race refreshes your car / fixes damage, which is a relief. AI driving is miles better, they actually move away from you now. I could easily finish the Monza Classic F1 Lotus Challenge in the wet now, without the pile up on the first corner each and every time. Ice driving is possible now (actually fun, you can control a drift!) Handling is far improved with the controller, although it tends to feel that SMS have incorporated some sort of stability control in the cars to enable you to turn as a fix, as there's clearly increased mid-corner understeer now in many cars to overcome the natural oversteer the car's had. I also noticed that the braking distance has increased on some cars, might be just me though.
Kudos to SMS for getting 2.0 out so quick. Still some issues to fix (there is still a freeze in Multiplayer when someone enters the race, and the HDR effect isn't fixed), but now I actually enjoy playing the game on my PS4 Pro / Bravia 65" 4K TV.

I can also confirm the AI qualifying bug seems to have been fixed. Very happy about that!

Very happy with the patch. Thought they would have fixed the intro video and got rid of the haziness for HDR users unless that's how it's supposed to be which I think would be very odd.

It's been in the PC version since day one, weird that it wasn't on consoles. We went through this same exact thing when DSP was added to AC and R3E, at first people (including myself) freaked out and thought it was broken and intrusive and we wanted an option to disable it. After a few weeks everyone adapted to it, the whinging stopped, and the topic was rarely brought up again. Though I will admit it seems a bit too protective in PCars2, in AC I rarely trigger the DSP but in PCars2 I trigger it probably once every couple laps.

I can also confirm the AI qualifying bug seems to have been fixed. Very happy about that!

Very happy with the patch. Thought they would have fixed the intro video and got rid of the haziness for HDR users unless that's how it's supposed to be which I think would be very odd.

The bug doesn't seem to be fixed fully.
In this minute i did a qualifying session (multi class, GT3, GTE, LMP2), skipped it and a z4 GT3 was in first place with a time ~ 20 sec. faster than the second placed GTE.

It's been in the PC version since day one, weird that it wasn't on consoles. We went through this same exact thing when DSP was added to AC and R3E, at first people (including myself) freaked out and thought it was broken and intrusive and we wanted an option to disable it. After a few weeks everyone adapted to it, the whinging stopped, and the topic was rarely brought up again. Though I will admit it seems a bit too protective in PCars2, in AC I rarely trigger the DSP but in PCars2 I trigger it probably once every couple laps.
Ian Bell has said they are going to soften the DSP a bit. Great to have it implemented though!

Back