PS4 photos

England
southport
Only a few to start as only been playing 10 mins..:)

MPMLR6IXYO0AAA91A_.jpeg
MPMLREIXYO0AAA91A_.jpeg
MPMLRQLXYO0AAA91A_.jpeg
MPMLRVEXYO0AAA91A_.jpeg

noting wrong with any of you but I'm glad I didn't buy this game. looks pretty darn bad.. you can easily tell these are video game shots.
Drive Club is still at the top IMO.

at least I hope the game play is decent...

noting wrong with any of you but I'm glad I didn't buy this game. looks pretty darn bad.. you can easily tell these are video game shots.
Drive Club is still at the top IMO.

at least I hope the game play is decent...

The only racing game that's ever fooled me was GT Sport, and that was the scapes mode. I think your expectations are a little high.

I gotta take some pics when I get home too! This games photomode will keep me busy until GTS' photomode rolls around.

The only racing game that's ever fooled me was GT Sport, and that was the scapes mode. I think your expectations are a little high.

I gotta take some pics when I get home too! This games photomode will keep me busy until GTS' photomode rolls around.

Yes I think my expectations are high due to the fact that I feel like we have capable machines at this point (PS4) and Drive Club has proven that it is possible to capture realistic photos in the game.

I think its the use of color too. I will dare say that GT6 may lack the pixels and details but GT6 photomode pictures look more realistic than these in terms of color, shadows and lights. It's like comparing an old iPhone6 vs the newest Galaxy. iPhone may have less pixels than a Galaxy but still gives you that true color that your eyes see.

Does this game have Scapes mode?
After looking at these pictures, I think I'm leaning towards just waiting on GTS that I pre-ordered.

The photomode is very glitchy though..
IMG_2397.JPG

Look. Mount Fuji dissappears completely.
IMG_2389.JPG

Short review: I like it. Massive improvement over PC1. But signs spawning on track, massive lag spikes online and missing scenery from photomode seems like something that needs to be fixed asap ;) also rain and snow shouldn't splash around inside the car, and the snow texture SUCKS.. A 20x40cm patch of weird texture that repeats all over the car. Other than that - a solid and good game. Still feels a little twitchy with the controller, but at least you can salvage an oversteer now! Congratulations on the launch @IanBell. (I know I'm one day late but spent all of yesterday playing it)

Photo mode is a massive improvement over PCARS 1. 👍
There are small issues though that make it feel unpolished.
If you're taking photos from a replay make sure you have visual damage turned off as the replay will start with your car showing whatever damage it had at the end of the session which is really annoying.​

Last edited:
The day one patch updated the photomode, I was playing from a disc for a few hours while the download was downloading:)

The photomode I was using first was very glitchy etc, no auto focus or anything, the update improved it massively..

Here is the first photomode on the disc etc..
Project CARS 2_20170922095352_1.jpg

Here is the updated photomode after the patch, way better, smoother to use aswell..superb.
Project CARS 2_20170923104909.jpg

The day one patch updated the photomode, I was playing from a disc for a few hours while the download was downloading:)

The photomode I was using first was very glitchy etc, no auto focus or anything, the update improved it massively..

Here is the first photomode on the disc etc..
View attachment 674695

Here is the updated photomode after the patch, way better, smoother to use aswell..superb.
View attachment 674696
I have a digital copy so I never saw what it was before your day 1 patch. Still buggy. Just go to Fuji Speedway and see for yourself.. A lot of the scenery dissappears and looks cracked. Like the fabric of space and time got ripped. :lol:

Edit - that rip in terrain happens on several tracks.

Back