[PS4] PITSxSRM | Thursday Night AC Racing (Currently in ACC)

I just realized today is Thursday lol we can reschedule for Saturday
Was just about to point that out to you. Saturday at 630 6, sorry, I mean 6:30pm sounds good for me though.
How do the invites for Assetto go though. Same as Pcars lobby? ie: We look out for invites from hosts or others and join?

The wife's going outa town Thursday, maybe I can join. But can't commit to the series, Reserve driver. It's been awhile since I've loaded that game.
Oh now things are getting interesting would be nice to have u man. BTW the miata is dlc idk if you got it or not just a heads up

Was really looking forward to joining y'all this weekend on AC but last night Friday had a mishap again. On Wreckfest with Lobban and the rest of guys was racing all well and good going about our merry way race to race as we began another race or during (can't remember which) all of a sudden when I pressed the accelerator there was no response from it....car not moving. :banghead: I could change whatever gear there was just no response for it to get going. Brakes was fine and still is, just not accelerator.

I wondered if it may have been because it's potentiometer needed cleaning but they're both (brakes and pedal) potentiometers fairly new as got them replaced just about a month or so ago. Anyway this morning just in case I gave both potentiometers a clean out with some electrical contact spray cleaner. After a while I fired up the pS4 again to test and same result. Even in the In-Game Options where you can test the response of the brake and accelerator, no dice. Brakes responding, not accelerator. Tested in Pcars 2 Options: Calibration (Pedals) same thing. So I guess is just the accelerator.

Was wondering if perhaps for some reason the RJ12 cable (that connects from the pedal to the wheel base) may have a crimp or whatever and needed replacing. I checked all around home to see if I had a spare RJ cable maybe hanging around from the previous two (Logitech G29) racing wheels I had but couldn't find any. I guess I must have thrown them out along with those consoles and boxes when I moved to my new apartment last year June. Next I checked to see if any local stores had any RJ12 cables. No luck. Only RJ11 or RJ24 they had. Next I called the only one person I know in Trinidad who raced (he has a Fanatec also, although for PC) to see if maybe he had a spare. No luck. Woe is me. One thing after the next.

The next move is to contact Fanatec Customer Service to see if they could send me an RJ12 cable or shed some light on if it could be the RJ12 cable or whatever. I'll dispatch an email to the CS tech/rep I've been communicating with recently by tomorrow. Thing just earlier this week I wrote to him telling him everything was honkey-dorey again after I purchased the new PS4 Slim and was so happy again yes.
I'm really effed up now as I was really looking forward to continue racing. Guess we'll how it goes.

Take the pedals apart. And inspect them we won't know unless u take them apart. What I will suggest is when u take them apart check the 3 wires going to each potentiometers make sure they are not touching and grounding each other out @davidt33

Take the pedals apart. And inspect them we won't know unless u take them apart. What I will suggest is when u take them apart check the 3 wires going to each potentiometers make sure they are not touching and grounding each other out @davidt33
Thanks. Will do.

Not sure I’ll make it today for practice. Got food poisoning and still feeling it. :crazy:

Aye Stan you are a scholar yes. Well just about 30 minutes or so ago I just got a chance to do as you suggested. When I removed the potentiometer thing-a-mih-jig to examine closer true enough I immediately noticed one of its three wires (the white one) had detached from where it was soldered to the board. Said to myself...."Self, Ah HAAA...there's the culprit".

Luckily I had kept the previous one which some of the notches of the plastic gears were worn. So I took the old one, turned the gear a couple notches to where wasn't worn and replaced the new one with that potentiometer. Then I went to do a test, fired up Wreckfest, went to Options "Advanced" to where you could test the response of the pedals via the guage. Sure thing when I pressed the accelerator pedal I got a response. I did a little happy dance and went to do a practice run. All good. Next fired up Pcars 2, did same (Options: Calibrate Pedals). Press accelerator and saw gauge respond. Did a little practice run there too.

So I'm good to go again. "Fast car coming through".
I'll contact Fanatec to send me another new gas potentiometer complete to hold on to and maybe replace though. But at least I'm good to go for now.
Thanks a mil bro. You saved my life. It was beating me no hell from since Thursday-Friday as to what was causing it, wondering if it was the RJ12 cable, something in the wheel base and/or all kind of thing. I was even losing faith in Fanatec again. But just glad it was just that.

I owe you one. Cheers. :cheers:

Evryone else on board with this time lmk I'll have room ready around 1pm Sunday afternoon we can run 2 simulation races.
BTW, we still on for 1:00pm today Sunday? If so I'm in. Please reply and confirm.

Button mapping is horrible. FFB is nothing to write home about.
I'll keep messing with it, and see what come up with. But the feeling is null. I guess there was plenty of reasons why I dont use this game.

@ONESPACE you can try these
20200322_134756.jpg

Button mapping is horrible. FFB is nothing to write home about.
I'll keep messing with it, and see what come up with. But the feeling is null. I guess there was plenty of reasons why I dont use this game.
And do u have the newest update they added custom button mapping

How do you reset car to on-track in case you crash and/or go off-track and stuck or need to get back on-track though? Nothing?
I was doing some practice or Career just now, went off track and got stuck by a wall and for the life of me couldn't do Jack **** because the car was stuck right there and couldn't move anywhere no matter how I tried.

As for button mapping, Stan I haven't seen anything like that.

Last edited:
Back