PS4 private lobby update is out now!

• Thread starter FinnZevo
  • 54 comments
Dramatic FPS improvements also.

Great update. Thanks for the heads up!

Doesn’t recognise my wheel now (T500rs PS4 pro) there is no feedback and the lock slider is locked at 0. Couldn’t comment on the graphics as I ejected the disk after 5 mins of menu frustration.

I have just heard ppl saying on Twitter the resolution has been decreased,I am not happy about this. I race on the Xbox one X and it looks fantastic in native 4k,has anyone notice a drop in resolution?

I have just heard ppl saying on Twitter the resolution has been decreased,I am not happy about this. I race on the Xbox one X and it looks fantastic in native 4k,has anyone notice a drop in resolution?

Yep they just lowered the game detail to achieve a higher frame rate in 4k output. I tested on my PS4 pro in 4k output and 1080p output and the graphic detail is higher in 1080p output than in 4k output. But frame rate is for sure higher when using 4k output

You re wrong.. the patch has nothing to do with private lobbyes...
You are just too quick to call people out and call them wrong and in the end, at least in this case, it made you look foolish because he was right.

I thought we were going to see a kinder ,gentler mirror man?

You are just too quick to call people out and call them wrong and in the end, at least in this case, it made you look foolish because he was right.

I think what he means is that, although the patch is supposed to include private lobbies (and maybe they will be enabled at some point), as of the patch being released there are still no private lobbies. I can understand the frustration

I think what he means is that, although the patch is supposed to include private lobbies (and maybe they will be enabled at some point), as of the patch being released there are still no private lobbies. I can understand the frustration

Not only that, but the competition server and regular public lobbies have been inaccessible for many with this patch... they need a fix asap. :nervous:

Gentle?? Are you kidding??

Tryed several times to enter multiplayer mode and everytime I try the game crashes!
On another thread a user wrote that it must be because I have 2 much friends! Wtf??? Since when is accetable to need to delete "excessive" friends to play online any game?? Gentle?? Thats a joke.. it must be surelly...

So I gave it a go in 4k to see if it’s any better... nope. It was nice a smooth until I turned a corner, then the frame rate drops dramatically. How can you play it like this?

also although the DOR has been fixed for the T500rs, I still get this weird oscillating on the straights, I’m not exaggerating it just trying to stay straight as the FFB pulls from side to side

Last edited:
So I heard there was a work around to make the game run at 60fps on pro by starting the game in 4k and then switching back to 1080. Here’s the results, definitely has an effect on the frame rate

:lol::lol::lol::banghead:

So I heard there was a work around to make the game run at 60fps on pro by starting the game in 4k and then switching back to 1080. Here’s the results, definitely has an effect on the frame rate

:lol::lol::lol::banghead:

If you’re in 1080, all you have to do is enable super sampling

If you are on a 4K TV and want to run 1080p with the better framerate, the only way is to use the resolution switch trick. Start the game with the PS4 Pro on automatic or 2160p output, then go back to the PS settings and switch to 1080p output. It's a workaround, but it tricks the game to not use the "enhanced graphics", so you can get the better framerate.

If you are on a 4K TV and want to run 1080p with the better framerate, the only way is to use the resolution switch trick. Start the game with the PS4 Pro on automatic or 2160p output, then go back to the PS settings and switch to 1080p output. It's a workaround, but it tricks the game to not use the "enhanced graphics", so you can get the better framerate.
Have you watched the video I posted, or read what I said? Yes it does effect the frame rate, badly!!!!!! it runs smooth as I leave the pits, and when the car leaves the loop onto the back straight. Other wise it’s a choppy mess worse than booting the game normally.
And the graphics aren’t enhanced in 4k mode, if anything the textures are lower.

Have you watched the video I posted, or read what I said? Yes it does effect the frame rate, badly!!!!!! it runs smooth as I leave the pits, and when the car leaves the loop onto the back straight. Other wise it’s a choppy mess worse than booting the game normally.
And the graphics aren’t enhanced in 4k mode, if anything the textures are lower.

Graphics are enhanced in 1080p, not in 4K. But in 4K, framerate is better. The resolution change trick allows people who want to use the 1080p output to have the better framerate that people using 4K or supersampling would otherwise get.

You obviously shouldn't need to do that, but it looks smooth even with a 20-car field.

I'm on standerd PS4 with T150. So I went and read the update details and under PERIPHERALS It states below; UI Warning screen to remind the user to update their wheel’s firmware. After starting game I got a message something about updating my wheels firmware. Did everyone else get this or does the message come out only if you actually need to update It'?

Graphics are enhanced in 1080p, not in 4K. But in 4K, framerate is better. The resolution change trick allows people who want to use the 1080p output to have the better framerate that people using 4K or supersampling would otherwise get.

You obviously shouldn't need to do that, but it looks smooth even with a 20-car field.

You’re calling that smooth?!?!!?? Watch the background as the car turns, it looses frames constantly, it’s not even running at 30 at times. When I tried it myself it was choppy most of the time. This is not a work around it’s makes it worse.

edit:
I’ve just gone to the actual video rather than watch from that link, I don’t think the clip runs at max settings if you go straight form the link.
Wel, yes it does look smoother, but if you watch the vid I posted, it didn’t maintain that frame rate for more than a couple of seconds at a time and I was the only car on track. I did exactly as he said, i can see the difference for a couple of seconds but it’s mostly awful. So what’s different???? Boost mode on/off? I’m deleting it anyway as the FFB is still broken for T500rs.

Last edited:
You’re calling that smooth?!?!!??

Yeah, I am... :lol: I notice the framerate jumps up and down, you can clearly see stutters, it's not a stable or locked 60fps, but seems closer now. Frame pacing still an issue, but it's definitely not 30 or lower. But then, it doesn't go below 30 that often on my base PS4 either...

Back