PS4 private lobby update is out now!

• Thread starter FinnZevo
  • 54 comments
Graphics are enhanced in 1080p, not in 4K. But in 4K, framerate is better. The resolution change trick allows people who want to use the 1080p output to have the better framerate that people using 4K or supersampling would otherwise get.

You obviously shouldn't need to do that, but it looks smooth even with a 20-car field.

Thats interesting I will have to give it a try. Basically what you are doing is getting the game to run in the reduced detail mode by starting it in 4k, then lowering the console to 1080p which maybe is lowering the strain on the console so the FPS benefits.

Thats interesting I will have to give it a try. Basically what you are doing is getting the game to run in the reduced detail mode by starting it in 4k, then lowering the console to 1080p which maybe is lowering the strain on the console so the FPS benefits.
You can get the 60 frames in 1080 without any trick all you need to do is switch supersampling on.. done

You can get the 60 frames in 1080 without any trick all you need to do is switch supersampling on.. done

I get that but what they are saying is taking that a step further. If you have a 4k TV you can't run super sampling.

They are taking it one step further than the the performance boost from 4k or 1080p in super sampling that can only be done if you have a 4k tv.

I get that but what they are saying is taking that a step further. If you have a 4k TV you can't run super sampling.

They are taking it one step further than the the performance boost from 4k or 1080p in super sampling that can only be done if you have a 4k tv.
Can't you set a 4k TV to 1080? and then just set the super sampling? surely you can

Gentle?? Are you kidding??

Tryed several times to enter multiplayer mode and everytime I try the game crashes!
On another thread a user wrote that it must be because I have 2 much friends! Wtf??? Since when is accetable to need to delete "excessive" friends to play online any game?? Gentle?? Thats a joke.. it must be surelly...

Actually, I get that. You're right.

Mirror, one thing I wanted to make clear was that when I use the word foolish it was NOT in any way an attempt at an insult.

I SHOULD HAVE USED THE WORD "SILLY" INSTEAD OF FOOLISH.

I have 3 daughters and a wife and we throw the word foolish around in a very light-hearted fashion.

So I tired starting the game in 4k setup a full grid race did a lap, paused then went to PS4 settings and changed output to 1080p the raced some more. There might have been a very slight improvement but nothing worth the effort or really noticeable for me anyways. Switched back to 4k and won't mess with it.

Actually, I get that. You're right.

Mirror, one thing I wanted to make clear was that when I use the word foolish it was NOT in any way an attempt at an insult.

I SHOULD HAVE USED THE WORD "SILLY" INSTEAD OF FOOLISH.

I have 3 daughters and a wife and we throw the word foolish around in a very light-hearted fashion.

:) Of course i was exagerating .. just a little bit.. my reactions... but mainly.. how can one say that this patch is for Private lobbyes when it ruins all what has to do with it ???? and furthermore I find no option whatsoever to create a private lobby!!!

The guys doing this "portation" to PS$ are doing a trully messy job... if they worked for me and did this... I would fire then.. pretty sooon...

There’s obviously some confusion here over 4K/1080/FPS etc. Hopefully I can explain.

4K TV’s.
ACC will run in the 60fps performance mode if you have your console screen output set to “automatic” or forced 2160p. Supersampling is not an option here as it’s purely an option for 1080p TV’s to trick the console into thinking it’s connected to a 4K TV. If you want the 1080p30 graphic heavy mode on your 4K TV, you need to select 1080p in the console display output settings.

1080p TV’s
ACC will run in the 60fps performance mode if you have supersampling turned on. As said above, supersampling is only an option for 1080p TV’s as it tricks the console into thinking it’s hooked up to a 4K TV, thus allowing you to get the benefits of any 4K only options the developers have included in the game, albeit at 1080p max resolution. For ACC, I found the image way too soft and the draw distance pretty awful. Cars beyond roughly 100 metres ahead looked like they were behind a heat haze. If you want to stick to the 1080p30 graphic heavy mode, make sure supersampling is turned off.

It does seem an odd choice not to offer a 1080p60fps option. It would give everyone the option of higher frame rate but keeping a crisper image. Like I said before, for me, while the higher framerate is nice, the softer image is really off putting after being used to such a clean image before. The game is really stable for me now in 1080p mode so I’m happy.

Last edited:
So I gave it a go in 4k to see if it’s any better... nope. It was nice a smooth until I turned a corner, then the frame rate drops dramatically. How can you play it like this?

also although the DOR has been fixed for the T500rs, I still get this weird oscillating on the straights, I’m not exaggerating it just trying to stay straight as the FFB pulls from side to side

The first video isn't smooth but I can play that easily, and I'm sensitive to these things. I try to avoid playing the game with high sun . The 2nd video looks bad.

I have made a very important discovery!!!
After I tried the work around of starting the game in 4k and switching to 1080, I was very disappointed with the results, it wasn’t smooth it was worse than booting normally and the FFB oscillating was even worse. I was wondering what the difference was... so I tried it without the wheel. It ran totally smooth like it’s in 60fps. As soon as I connect the wheel the frame rate drops massively. I don’t want to play on pad as I’ve got a rig, I hope this gets sorted.

There’s obviously some confusion here over 4K/1080/FPS etc. Hopefully I can explain.

4K TV’s.
ACC will run in the 60fps performance mode if you have your console screen output set to “automatic” or forced 2160p. Supersampling is not an option here as it’s purely an option for 1080p TV’s to trick the console into thinking it’s connected to a 4K TV. If you want the 1080p30 graphic heavy mode on your 4K TV, you need to select 1080p in the console display output settings.

1080p TV’s
ACC will run in the 60fps performance mode if you have supersampling turned on. As said above, supersampling is only an option for 1080p TV’s as it tricks the console into thinking it’s hooked up to a 4K TV, thus allowing you to get the benefits of any 4K only options the developers have included in the game, albeit at 1080p max resolution. For ACC, I found the image way too soft and the draw distance pretty awful. Cars beyond roughly 100 metres ahead looked like they were behind a heat haze. If you want to stick to the 1080p30 graphic heavy mode, make sure supersampling is turned off.

It does seem an odd choice not to offer a 1080p60fps option. It would give everyone the option of higher frame rate but keeping a crisper image. Like I said before, for me, while the higher framerate is nice, the softer image is really off putting after being used to such a clean image before. The game is really stable for me now in 1080p mode so I’m happy.
Very well explained,I'm still waiting on the Xbox one X version patch,I wonder how it will run and look on it,there is no performance mode on the X...

Private lobbies look to be hosted / rented through g-portal.
It cost £0.36 each slot up to a maximum of 20 (so up to £7.20 total) and I understand it lasts for 30 days.
I didn't expect this, I figured it would just be on their own servers like AC, I mean we pay for PS+ and now we have to pay for private lobbies too...?
Maybe this was common knowledge, is it already like this on PC?

https://support.505games.com/hc/en-...private-server-in-Assetto-Corsa-Competizione-

https://www.g-portal.com/en/gameserver/assetto-corsa-competizione-ps4-server-rental

Last edited:
It cost £0.36 each slot up to a maximum of 20 (so up to £7.20 total) and I understand it lasts for 30 days.
I didn't expect this, I figured it would just be on their own servers like AC, I mean we pay for PS+ and now we have to pay for private lobbies too...?

https://support.505games.com/hc/en-...private-server-in-Assetto-Corsa-Competizione-

https://www.g-portal.com/en/gameserver/assetto-corsa-competizione-ps4-server-rental
WTF?!!! first of all I can’t even play on line yet because of the friends list bug. And there is a serous performance reducing bug that occurs when i plug my wheel in (T500rs) and the FFB for My wheel is totally bugged. And now they want to charge extra to play online!!?

Last edited:

Thanks for the info, appreciate you posting.

Barf.

Yeah, pay to rent a server!
My league was wanting to race with 45 drivers split over 3 divisions
God knows how much that's gonna cost?

I'll probably end up renting one of these servers, but I agree. Having to pay for this on top of PS+ is BS

After around 5 weeks of the game being pretty rough followed by an update that still hasn't fully sorted framerate on the xbox I don't think I will be spending any more money on this game for now renting servers.

I didn't buy ACC after the original because it was obvious that Kunos/505 saw us console players as a lucrative inconvenience but I didn't expect them to go that far. I feel for everybody who was expecting a full game.

WTF???? They must be kidding... or just putting out a very very bad joke... :drool::drool::drool::drool::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

I didn't buy ACC after the original because it was obvious that Kunos/505 saw us console players as a lucrative inconvenience but I didn't expect them to go that far. I feel for everybody who was expecting a full game.

It's basically same game as PC, on PC version private server are also to rent

Only extra button mapping , free camera settings ,VoF settings and UDP missing.

So, it's a full game, content wise all is in now with the private servers and GT4 cars are coming in Auntum

We also need FOV and seat position options on console. Basically when PC players pause during a race, they have another area of options to adjust these.

Its kinda what kills it for me with this title.. I can't find a view that is comfortable for me. I basically now play it with the view with nothing (floating) because it feels like Gran Turismo Sport. The dash one has the dash too high and the FOV is too wide.

Even if no FOV just seat position would be nice.. Xbox had this option and it is now removed, so it is irritating to realize they did not want consoles to have the option. I do not get why they took it away, it took work to remove it. They should have spent that time adding it for PS4 - such weird choices.

It still feels and sounds amazing, so I won't quit playing... but it is not my go too at all. I bounce around.

EDIT - I guess this is not the thread to be stating this I got them mixed up. Sorry.

Umm am I going crazy or have prices tripled from launch over the last week...?

A 20 slot server now costs £20 a month. You get a discount but its still £190 a year. WTAF?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200804-110805_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200804-110805_Chrome.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Back