Italy
Italy
onepueblo
Hot Lap - German Fury - BMW M3 E92 Drift - Magione - 1.22.957

Drift - Drift Legend - BMW M3 E30 Drift - Imola - infinite points

Quick Race - Stained Rockets - RUF RT12 R - Nurburgring Sprint - Tier 4

Hot Lap - GRA Challenge - BMW M3 E30 group R - Silverstone GP - 2.20.867

Quick Race - Tatuus Race - Tatuus FA01 - Monza - Tier 4 - 1.53.0

Drift - Quattro is back! - Audi Sport quattro step1 - Set up in progress 1.1 (no gold yet)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WsgZnuhv7s

Hot Lap - Demon on wheels - BMW Z4 GT3 - Imola - 1.44.776
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhZM1bNRWZs

Last edited:
Thanks very much for this. I can't (or should I say couldn't) drift to save my life before these tips. I think I topped out at 254 combos and getting to 100 is now very easy :-)

OK so I now have some questions for you:

1) How do you stop from getting bored out of skull from doing this? I get to about 40,000 points and just start to lose concentration and then make mistakes.

2) Is there anyway or action to increase the scoring rate. What are the tips for this, if any?

3) How long does it take to get to 75,000 points? I spent about 25 min to get to 40,000. I would really like to understand the scoring system better.

4) Surely there is more to this than just doing "fish tails" up the road?

I am chasing my Platinum Trophy in this game and was getting very concerned about the drift component.

Thanks again for sharing, it is really appreciated.

Hi TT92, so to achieve your platinum you need 75k points and to reach lev 50 also, regarding drift.
I achieved 75k pretty soon, try to don't loose focus, but I should say I spent 2 days doing real drift without stability control at imola and I did like 40K without combos and it was very rewarding. Than during the event with the stability control at 100% I was doing real drifting where it was needed along the track and I joined those long drifts with the "fish tail" combos. That made things fast and easy. Good luck

Hi Onepueblo, your drift tips have helped me heaps and I have two drift challenges left to do and I am finished with them all. All gold, including the trophy for reaching level 50 :-) I think my record for continuous combos is 511 which is about 50,000 points and the Bronze. I then do the rest in 25,000 lots. So your tips really did help me.

The one I am now having problems with is a tune for the Audio Sport Quatro Step1 at the Drift Track. How on earth are you expected to get this under powered, over tyred 4 wheel drive to slide, let alone turn on this track????

Anyone have some pointers here for setup/tune? I have tried for about an hour and have given up.

One thing I am a little annoyed about in the drift challenges is that even though mechanical damage is turned OFF I can still blow a motor up. It has happened twice now, once when I was at 93,000ish points too >:-(

Thank you, nice you went over all the drift events so quick with so nice scores ;) I'll try soon the audi quattro so I'll see if a solution is possible :) Than I'll put here a video, I definitly think we will find out a way to do it.

Thank you, nice you went over all the drift events so quick with so nice scores ;) I'll try soon the audi quattro so I'll see if a solution is possible :) Than I'll put here a video, I definitly think we will find out a way to do it.

I have finished them all now with gold except the Audi Quatro one.

I have gone back and spent some serious time on this and I think it is impossible to drift this car conventionally. I believe the trick to doing it will be to use the handbrake to get it to slide. The problem is you cannot re-map the handbrake to a sensible button location or use an add on hand brake controller :-(

I just think this is another example of Kunos making an impossible to get gold in event >:-(

Hello TT92, nothing is impossible, now.. I made this set up, in less than 3 hours, that is the best I can conceive for normal drift with no stability control (points). I know it's hard to drive but silver is possible with no combos. I'll do a specific set up to achieve 75000 with combos, later may be. It will be nice to achieve 75K without fish tails.. I agree about remapping, I'll put the handbrake on R2 or anything else but the square.. long way to platinum, I'm sure about that

Hello TT92, nothing is impossible, now.. I made this set up, in less than 3 hours, that is the best I can conceive for normal drift with no stability control (points). I know it's hard to drive but silver is possible with no combos. I'll do a specific set up to achieve 75000 with combos, later may be. It will be nice to achieve 75K without fish tails.. I agree about remapping, I'll put the handbrake on R2 or anything else but the square.. long way to platinum, I'm sure about that

Hi Onepueblo, yes your tune is a lot better than what I managed. I made two mistakes with mine. I used the early model tyres and I went the wrong way with the rear camber :-(

Your tune is a bit like swinging a sledge hammer around once the tail starts to slide it just wants to keep going around..... and around.... and around ;-) I have found using stability control at 30% makes it a lot more driveable. So I can now get it to slide but have trouble getting it to generate points with any consistency or speed. It just goes everywhere except where I am trying to point it.

Just when I thought drifting was starting to be fun this event had to come along.

I hate the car and the event passionately >:-(

Hi Onepueblo, yes your tune is a lot better than what I managed. I made two mistakes with mine. I used the early model tyres and I went the wrong way with the rear camber :-(

Your tune is a bit like swinging a sledge hammer around once the tail starts to slide it just wants to keep going around..... and around.... and around ;-) I have found using stability control at 30% makes it a lot more driveable. So I can now get it to slide but have trouble getting it to generate points with any consistency or speed. It just goes everywhere except where I am trying to point it.

Just when I thought drifting was starting to be fun this event had to come along.

I hate the car and the event passionately >:-(
hahahahahah hi TT92, still no way to get gold but I'm around silver, I'm improving the set up, if I can not manage to go to 75K this way, I'll wait for updates on handbrake. Maybe it will be you to find a way first, so you will share here with me ;) Try this new set up, and for a while stop to care about the target, you first need to make peace with drifting, than in the future we 'll come up with a solution for the trophy.
This set up is much better than the previous, look at slick tyres and 1 click of more pressure on front, hope you enjoy it better, but I'm still working on this..
Work in progress to get 75000 points with no fish tail combos
All aids off - Fuel and tyres consuption ON Thrustmaster t300
Slick Tyres
Changes from basic only:
General - Fuel 20
Suspention (slick tyres not street like in 1.0)
Pressure 31 31 / 40 40
Camber -2.8 -2.8 / 1 1
Toe 7 7 / -10 -10
Height 380 380 / 160 160
Dampers - Bump 8 8 / 10 10
Fast bump 21 21 / 22 22
Rebound 12 12 / 15 15
Fast rebound 8 8 / 10 10

Last edited:
hahahahahah hi TT92, still no way to get gold but I'm around silver, I'm improving the set up, if I can not manage to go to 75K this way, I'll wait for updates on handbrake. Maybe it will be you to find a way first, so you will share here with me ;) Try this new set up, and for a while stop to care about the target, you first need to make peace with drifting, than in the future we 'll come up with a solution for the trophy.
This set up is much better than the previous, look at slick tyres and 1 click of more pressure on front, hope you enjoy it better, but I'm still working on this..
Work in progress to get 75000 points with no fish tail combos
All aids off - Fuel and tyres consuption ON Thrustmaster t300
Slick Tyres
Changes from basic only:
General - Fuel 20
Suspention (slick tyres not street like in 1.0)
Pressure 31 31 / 40 40
Camber -2.8 -2.8 / 1 1
Toe 7 7 / -10 -10
Height 380 380 / 160 160
Dampers - Bump 8 8 / 10 10
Fast bump 21 21 / 22 22
Rebound 12 12 / 15 15
Fast rebound 8 8 / 10 10

I will give your new tune a try very shortly. Great video and at 0.46sec is the exact reason why this is sooooooo difficult. The car loses control and you hit the grass and all your accrued points get scrubbed :-( I have also had it happen when in a drift at about 90 degrees to the curb an all is fine it then goes to 91 degrees and the points get scrubbed, even though I managed to save the slide.

This is going to be a very, very difficult trophy to get :-(

Hi Onepueblo, I have nailed it (well nearly anyway) here is a pic to show you how close I got before I lost concentration.

So I am taking a break and thought I would share what I found.

Your set up works well except I changed both diff settings to #1 and used 30% Stability Control and here is the clincher of how to do it quite easily.

Set Your T300 wheel rotation to minimum i.e. 240 degees

Here is how to do it:

Press the mode Button and R or L D pad arrow at the same time
to see the red light flash.

1 Flash = 240deg
2 Flash = 450deg
3 Flash = 540deg
etc

When you have the right number of flashes press the Mode Button again to exit. Very easy (quick) to do.

At 240 degrees the car is now pussycat to control.

I hope this helps. I am no drifter so 66k points in this pig I feel is pretty good so I will be able to get the gold ;-)

Assetto Corsa_1.jpg

You are the man :) we work togheter now, I'll add your feedback end set up to the next video, cheers and keep working

I'm glad you liked it :-) Also the two drift trophies popped up for me after I did this too, even though new ones were added with the Japanese pack.

I have finished all the career mode now and have started working though the Special Events.

I cannot believe how the difficulty level on Alien changes from event to event. Some of them I have trouble getting bronze in yet others I have gotten Gold at my first attempt. Example. The black and White Challenge a Nissan GTR race at the Nordscheife I was going to win it first try, except the car ran out of fuel on the home straight (15lts!) So I put 20lts in and won it by over 5 secs. There are two Fiat Abbarth races both won easily yet there is a GT race at Nurburgring GP I can't do better than 3rd because I'm in a BMW Z4 GT3 and the winners are in BMW M3 GT2 and are 3 seconds a lap faster and ram me every time they overtake. I should add I cheat here and start from Pit Lane so I get a head start too! Shhhhh...... don't tell anyone ;-)

Another example is at Monza where there is a Hot Lap in a Gallardo I got Gold on the second lap yet in the Ferrari 599xx Hot Lap event I am stuck at Bronze.

I can understand this happening at tracks that are new to me BUT Nurburgring GP and Monza are favourites of mine and I have raced them for years now in GT5/6, PCars, F1 2012 and even further back GT Challenge.

So I think the rest of this game is going to be very challenging indeed but at least I have gotten the drift side of it done thanks to your tips and tunes :-) So thanks again, you are a great help Onepueblo.

I was bored to tears with the career GTX races and went back to the special events last week, finished all the golds on the race events and started back on the drifting events. Finally got the hardest one out of the way, the Audi GRRRRR!!!!, using the advice here from @Onepueblo and @TT92 (TY :)) and some of my own settings. Posted a quick video of my setup and the route I followed.

I was bored to tears with the career GTX races and went back to the special events last week, finished all the golds on the race events and started back on the drifting events. Finally got the hardest one out of the way, the Audi GRRRRR!!!!, using the advice here from @Onepueblo and @TT92 (TY :)) and some of my own settings. Posted a quick video of my setup and the route I followed.

Well done :-) I'm glad I could offer some advice here. There are some very hard challenges in this game and we all need to keep any tips and tricks coming.

And yes, I totally agree, the career mode is the most mind numbing, boring and unimaginative of any game I have ever played :-(

Hi ,
I try to find good setup for carrera rsr or yellowbird on the nordschleife. Can you help me ?
I drive with t300rs, g27 pedals, th8a shifter.
Wheel tips welcome ..
Thanks you
Gaetan.

You guys are amazing drifters. I know it is advised to use 240 degree rotation for drifting but have you guys tried 900 degree? I wonder if it is possible even??

I have finished all the career mode now and have started working though the Special Events.

.... yet there is a GT race at Nurburgring GP I can't do better than 3rd because I'm in a BMW Z4 GT3 and the winners are in BMW M3 GT2 and are 3 seconds a lap faster and ram me every time they overtake. I should add I cheat here and start from Pit Lane so I get a head start too! Shhhhh...... don't tell anyone ;-)

Hey @TT92

I was also struggling with the Z4GT3 race until I spotted your comment on starting from the pit lane.

Once I figured out how to do it, I found this race to be pretty simple - won on Hard 1st attempt, exited, switched to Alien, and won that one 1st attempt too.

Took the GT2 AI about 2 laps to catch me, but I continued to drive sensibly, never moving from the racing line and focusing on getting a super clean exit from every corner, and the AI made no real attempts to overtake me, despite them being able to run >2s per lap faster (I was running low/mid 58's and I've seen AI run as low as mid 55's at times).

Only place you're vulnerable is out of turn 1, where they will try the cut back. But as long as you're leading and hold your line in to turn 2, they back out of it. Rest of the lap they just follow you.

Also used this trick to win another couple of hotlap events I was struggling with (RUF at Nurb, Alfa at Mugelo - though this one required a lot of re-starts to get out of the pits in 1st place).

Hey @TT92

I was also struggling with the Z4GT3 race until I spotted your comment on starting from the pit lane.

Once I figured out how to do it, I found this race to be pretty simple - won on Hard 1st attempt, exited, switched to Alien, and won that one 1st attempt too.

Took the GT2 AI about 2 laps to catch me, but I continued to drive sensibly, never moving from the racing line and focusing on getting a super clean exit from every corner, and the AI made no real attempts to overtake me, despite them being able to run >2s per lap faster (I was running low/mid 58's and I've seen AI run as low as mid 55's at times).

Only place you're vulnerable is out of turn 1, where they will try the cut back. But as long as you're leading and hold your line in to turn 2, they back out of it. Rest of the lap they just follow you.

Also used this trick to win another couple of hotlap events I was struggling with (RUF at Nurb, Alfa at Mugelo - though this one required a lot of re-starts to get out of the pits in 1st place).

I'm glad you found my tip helped. These type events remind me sooooo much of GT6 the way they are set up to "chase the rabbit".

I am still at a loss to understand how anyone can legitimately beat them at the higher levels. You start from the back of the grid, you have to overtake 10 or so mobile chicanes that want to ram you and then you have to chase down two cars that are in clean air and can lap 2-3 seconds faster than you <shrug>.

I'm glad you found my tip helped. These type events remind me sooooo much of GT6 the way they are set up to "chase the rabbit".

I am still at a loss to understand how anyone can legitimately beat them at the higher levels. You start from the back of the grid, you have to overtake 10 or so mobile chicanes that want to ram you and then you have to chase down two cars that are in clean air and can lap 2-3 seconds faster than you <shrug>.

Some of the events are impossible on the PS4... they must have been possible once as @WhoosierGirl has platinum and 100%, but I suspect after numerous tyre and physics changes, the times/races just aren't daobale anymore.

A few I can think of off the top of my head...

1. Lotus race at Imola - lead AI are 211's and run c.3s a lap faster
2. R8 road car race at Barcelona - AI have faster cars, and the R8 has zero front end grip
3. R8 road car at Spa - same as above, though I have this one on Hard by short cutting Eau Rouge (no penalties)
4. M3 hotlap event at Nurburgring - simply impossible

Frustrating for trophy hunting!

Some of the events are impossible on the PS4... they must have been possible once as @WhoosierGirl has platinum and 100%, but I suspect after numerous tyre and physics changes, the times/races just aren't daobale anymore.

A few I can think of off the top of my head...

1. Lotus race at Imola - lead AI are 211's and run c.3s a lap faster
2. R8 road car race at Barcelona - AI have faster cars, and the R8 has zero front end grip
3. R8 road car at Spa - same as above, though I have this one on Hard by short cutting Eau Rouge (no penalties)
4. M3 hotlap event at Nurburgring - simply impossible

Frustrating for trophy hunting!

Come on, it's so easy a girl can do it!! :D....after months of trying :crazy:

1. I had tire wear on and the field pitted, huge help.
2. I have the gold but, this event is not necessary for platinum.
3. I have the gold but, this event is not necessary for platinum.
4. This event is not necessary for platinum.

Events that have prestige or performance pack cars are not needed for the Platinum.

@Stotty Take a look at your PSN messages next time you fire up your PS4 ;)..👍

Nothing there! Not sure if i need to re add friends post loving from a 3 to a 4?

Come on, it's so easy a girl can do it!! :D....after months of trying :crazy:

1. I had tire wear on and the field pitted, huge help.
2. I have the gold but, this event is not necessary for platinum.
3. I have the gold but, this event is not necessary for platinum.
4. This event is not necessary for platinum.

Events that have prestige or performance pack cars are not needed for the Platinum.

Not in any way reducing your achievements... you're the only person I know who has gold on all hot laps and races! Will try tyre wear :)

Nothing there! Not sure if i need to re add friends post loving from a 3 to a 4?

Not in any way reducing your achievements... you're the only person I know who has gold on all hot laps and races! Will try tyre wear :)

FR sent to GTP_Stotty. Hopefully you'll see message. If not, just let me know via PSN and I'll reply with original :lol: 👍

Back